What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Key Points Of Harvest Time

For drying it is best to keep the air around 55% humidity with a dehumidifier and a fan to keep the air circulating. Drier than 50% will dry the flowers out too fast and they will not cure properly. The white and cream colored hair will stay white and cream colored and the flowers just wont look right among other things. On the other hand if your humidity is too high you risk your flowers molding or fermenting while you wait for them to dry. Keeping the air circulating around the flowers at the proper humidity is crucial to a good cure in order to insure they dry at the proper and steady rate. A room filled with freshly cut flowers will quickly become overly humid and inhibit a proper drying atmosphere. Some written works on the subject say 45% to 55% is a good window. However I feel that with a good dehumidifier tighter and more ideal parameters can be easily achieved. Setting a dehumidifier to turn off when the air reaches 50% should keep your air in between 50% to 55% in a 10x10 room. Oscillating fans will keep the humidity through out the room at more even levels.

Last edited:

BadGrower

Great Info! Found it to be extremely helpful. Quick question, while researching other methods, i came across different Numbers being thrown around regarding optimal rH, temps, as well as times. I'm going to run with it though and ill let you know how it goes.

Billyblanks420

Reading Trichomes

Reading Trichomes

Hello IC Crew,

First time poster on this massive forum of Knowledge, some of the greatest threads i have read on here, i was wondering if i could get a second opinion on my Harvest time. It is a Indica dominant hybrid 58 days into flower... What do you think, ready to harvest?

If i had too could i wait 5 days?

Thanks for any replies

S

sourpuss

32 posts. i think some background on your growing experiance and anything to prove your merit would be smart. any cup wins?

Gangabiss

free your SELF
Veteran
Personally I think there needs to be a distinction between the 2 types of snapping of the bud stem.
There is the 'clean break' and the 'snaps but still attached by threads'

If your stems snap cleanly off then IMO they are already too dry for curing and you kinda messed up.
You want to wait until they snap with an audible 'crack' but still stay attached and might even might twisting to snap off. This seems the best time to start curing.

Also, never put buds in to cure that still have any green to the stem or if they bend at all without breaking. you're just asking for mould.

Dr.NO

I have Royal Queen Seeds Purple Queen at 50 days 12/12 right now. The buds are totally purple and I am now seeing trichomes with purple heads. Will the trichomes heads turn purple instead of amber, or should I wait for them to turn amber?