What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

creative ways to dispose of pot trash

79towncar

The easiest thing to do would be just dump everything in the alley. Thats what all city people do. They are stuffed w/garbage anyway. A friend of mine dumps all his trash around the city alleys. And its nothing incrimminating either. If you live in the woods then you have enough privacy to do whatever, burn, compost, bury. If you live in the city its much harder to get rid of incrimminating trash. City people don't have the options the people who live in the woods do. But letting everything dry out like somebody said above sounds like the best bet. Once everything is dry you could crumble into basically dusts and then it would be much easier to get rid of.

dragunn

i had a hugh garbage bag full of moldy trim.so i dumped it in a dumpster at night.a few days later i read the newspaper that some bum found it and called the cops.the cops said it was a drug drop gone bad,valued it at 10,000.they have to pump up there stats some how.now i double bag it,spray it with air sanitizer and make sure i wear gloves.

litebuzz

i have 2 body bags of perlite, vermiculite, rootballs, stalks, stems and leaves. since its winter, its not like i can go dig a big hole somewhere...i'm not quite sure what i will do...i might bring it somewhere on the property and stash it til spring. we have quite a bit of land...so its safe. i really would like to drop it off in some dumpster but the thought of being busted is waaay too much for me!! lol!

SoEx

i have 2 body bags of perlite, vermiculite, rootballs, stalks, stems and leaves. since its winter, its not like i can go dig a big hole somewhere...i'm not quite sure what i will do...i might bring it somewhere on the property and stash it til spring. we have quite a bit of land...so its safe. i really would like to drop it off in some dumpster but the thought of being busted is waaay too much for me!! lol!

Creepy, you use body bags to store things? haha

IV:XX:CCCLXV

Waste Disposal?

Waste Disposal?

Howdy IC, I was curious what methods I could do to dispose of old leaves, stems, and the like. I have no fire place and I dont thnk throwing all my stuff away in someone elses bin is the safest thing to do. i was thinking about hiking to different locations and burying the evidence...but im unsure.

any advice is highly appreciated as im trying to plan all aspects before the actual grow.

P

PrimoVG

find a place that has the big blue (sometimes green) trash containers....throw it in there

B

Blunted22

ive heard of some people useing there garbage disposal....

as for me i keep everything in a bag including pump boxes and anything that o ne might see used for growing and then i got a buddy who owns some apartments... he lets me throw the crap in his dumpsters....

what ever you do dont use your own garbage... easiest way to get busted...

how much waste are we talkin here? 1 pant? 12? acre? huge ass hydro root balls?:) i dont have that many plants but when i take cuttings or trim her i just do a extra good job cutting up of the leaves and flush them. never putting more down then what i know my toilet can handle (toilet paper wise). good luck

i know that someone has a better way - id like to see how other do it. i do live right backed up to the woods and do have a fire pit.

clide

take a look at something called vermicomposting, or worm farming. theyll eat anything organic you give them and will thank you with high quality mulch. check it out!

Cone Head

I live in South Australia, its regarded by many as australia's growroom because the hydroponic industry is massive here and we have decriminalization policies. Evidence of this can be seen everywhere with all the rootballs, perlite, hydroton that you see lying around, it is a very common sight. They even had a special news report once about hydroponic waste. People around here commonly throw the root balls out of the car while there driving. Only a few months ago I was driving home late at night near my house and just streets away had to dodge something in the middle of the road, a big rootball coco coir was the medium I beleive. Then as I'm looking at the rear view mirror I nearly hit another, then another a bit further down the road, I had a bit of a chuckle to myself. Another hazard around here is slipping on hydroton as you walk through poorly lit car parks or just along the side of quiet roads. Its everywhere lol.. You can even get an idea how good the grow may have been by smelling the stem or by how thick it is.

dkmonk

Make hash, or oil, then dig a whole and bury it by next year dig it up and there should be some nice dirt there.

Chop it up and mix in w/my grass clippings. Then dump in green bin and let the trash person pick it up. He doesnt even get out of the truck.

K

kittykronic

it's 4am here and i am laughing myass off,,the guy who said mission impossible , props to ya..alomst wrecking cuz of a rootball, this is better than any comedy..anyway, i compost mine..damn, i can't stop bustin' up...peace all and thanks for the good time i needed a good laugh...

N

NWestCoast

I've clogged toilets and garbage disposals to the point of having to dismantle them. Watch out.

blinx420

Its easy just make cannabuter or hash oil..the stems thc will be soaked in with the butter an look like normal garden stems just throw them in a toilet paper bag lol or if you can barry them theyll look like your average tree/plant stems if they ever try to dig it up

shifty

My methods:

Stems: let dry out and use for tinder/kindling

Sugar leaves/popcorn: bubble hash

Leaves/roots: Compost/vermicompost

Rockwool: Dry out, place in chipper/shredder

Old Nutrient Containers: Recycle drop-off

Old peat moss/coir: Outside flower bed

zoidb3rg

A friend of mine grew outdoors last year, when he harvested it, we took all the leaves in the car and let them out of the sunroof by the local college. Was really quite funny at the time. There were leaves everywhere.

snowkitty

I put mine in trash bags and I have a mental list of about 30 dumpsters I can swing in and out of in a breeze. When I am out and about in my city, I'm always looking for and noting dumpsters which are easy to park next to and not kept locked.

I realize that I should / could probably do something more environmentally friendly with the material, but my main concern is it not ending up in my personal household trash.