What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

First ever cannabis prescript in the UK

Hubbleman

Veteran
Happened over night

https://news.sky.com/story/woman-becomes-first-uk-patient-to-get-cannabis-prescription-11570006

But came at a ludicrous price - 2500 quid for 3 months worth of flora.

It is the first flora cannabis prescription in the UK, so it's big news

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
Thats pretty extortionate. Shame it wasnt a grow permit for her. I just hope those are some damn potent flowers :smoker:

Im only pro decriminalisation. The big agripharma companies can go take a long walk down a short pier for me. Especially GWpharma. But thats just my sentiment, no matter what they do with the laws ill still be a criminal unless they decriminalise..

All plants should be free to be grown as an inalienable human right.

RGG

Its nice to see a positive change for cannabis in uk for once other than constant reclassification over the years.

Nice to see the medical benefits finally being brought the media attention.

A shame all the big boys get to run the game who will be controlling the market if there ever becomes a one!

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
£ 2.5 k for theee month script?
Wow!
So how does a single parent living on a council estate afford that?
They don’t so they miss out,,
Outrageous and very cruel if ya can’t afford the meds

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
Yeah but you can find enough dealers on council estates willing to do better prices than that lol, but i wont say anything about quality.. that article says her supply is being imported from holland.. i wonder what it is and who's producing it? CBD dom or full spectrum?

I wonder if there is some sort of acknowledgement that full spectrum flowers smoked has benefits not supplied by cbd oils and extracts otherwise why not just prescribe her the oil?. It was a private doctor though and some of those are getting more alternative because people are literally sick to death of mineral medicines with 100 "side" effects,, as they call them.. even though they are often more noticable than what the drug is supposedly supposed to accomplish which is ironic to me.

Hubbleman

Veteran
More of the good stuff :

https://news.sky.com/story/sky-views-the-cannabis-ban-is-having-its-last-gasp-11454856

Dudes, I got the feeling, that when it all takes off considea starting your own grow shop and or buy shit lots of share of multinationals which will cream their pants when the sales take off

Thats pretty extortionate. Shame it wasnt a grow permit for her. I just hope those are some damn potent flowers :smoker:

2,500 pounds is a lot of money for pot, producing it on big scale u could down it to 1 quid a gram.

Also she got 2 grams a day!!! That’s plenty!!! Even when I smoke, if I smoke , I don’t smoke more that 0.25 - O.5 grams a day!! These 180 grams will last her years if she’s careful not wasteful with it

Last edited by a moderator:

Hubbleman

Veteran
Just found this on nhs website

Cannabis “side effects”

decreased appetite
diarrhoea
feeling sick
greater weakness
a behavioural or mood change
dizziness
feeling very tired
feeling high
hallucinations
suicidal thoughts

:wallbash:

superx

Veteran
This is how i feel every time i read one of your threads "the above"

Sorry Hubbleman i could not resist...

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
Lol ooh yummybud shot :biglaugh:

"greater weakness" sounds like an oxymoron you dont often hear.. dont know which idiot came up with that as a diagnosis.

We dont really have any enshrined rights here in the UK.. The crown corp owns everything and we just live in its house, or back garden if you're int north, and rent the right to exist hence the insane taxation.. im staggared by just how much they are making by taxing the petrol we're buying.. 60% of that money goes to those murderous robbing ****s.. this country has to be the dictionary definition of insane.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm looking to aquire a research licence at some point in the future,, hopefully that will be the next big development,, people actually getting licensed to develop uk medical mj

mack 10

Veteran
You have been able to get license for years.
Look it up.

Around 4k to get a foot in the door if you can pass the test.

The UK is secretly growing mass amounts of so called medical herb,
But we are not in the club.

clearheaded

it would be bedrocan. its ok at least canadian was and was 5 bucks a gram before tweed aka canopy growth (canadian LP)purchased and jacked up prices50% lol. sad part is they had better weed then tweed and tweed sells snoop or DNA var that are garbage.

GWpharma has done alot to help further medical cannabis to be accepted, remember takes money to get those studies showing it works!!! Drs need to have dosages and purity its just the way their machine works. give exact dosages of vitamin D or B or asprin so to them its crazy for them to say eh go experiment. not how they are trained.

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
Fuck GWpharma.. one of the reasons they charge so much is their patent on their nebuliser that delivers a very precise amount.. robbing ****s just like the MHRA.

They're your typical hypocritical corporatist pirates in my book. Fuckem.

clearheaded

nebuliser is not herbal cannabis. if u developed a vaporizer would u give design away for free? again, they did studies when basically no one else would. 1 giving gbm terminal brain cancer patients cannabis who would of never had the opportunity. and now because of there study that is not cheap many of these people who have had typically less then a year between diagnosis and dieing have SOME HOPE!! if you have ever had someone in your life with GBM you would have a different view as its the scariest siezure producing communication taking killer there ever was! so its wonderful they have been able to do what they do and be able to make money. yes they are a pharma company but unless you are a communist you shouldnt have an issue with them. they arent taking away herbal cannabis nore anyones ability to grow it. simply developing products that DRs will use which is hugely important for many reasons. from helping cancer patients to kids with dravets, sure maybe the cbd will cost more but if dr is happy to rx it and opens a families eyes i am sure if they want to produce it themselves they could but having that pharma dosed standard is an important step to whats happening now. ie mass changing of peoples minds of cannabis and if you think GW hasnt played a huge role with there stuudies and financing studies and developing products to be studied, going through effort to push boundry and be the first to get grow licenses in britain etc. well your a fool. would it be nice if everyone knew every medical application of cannabis and had time space and legal ability to grow in there country, sure. but because that is not realistic, having pharma cannabis products in those places drs can rx is an amazing feat. sorry for off topic, but folks need to get having large companies is important to pushing legalization and helping millions world wide with this plant.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Fuck GWpharma.. one of the reasons they charge so much is their patent on their nebuliser that delivers a very precise amount.. robbing ****s just like the MHRA.

They're your typical hypocritical corporatist pirates in my book. Fuckem.

The only way to deal with it is to create a public library,, i am actively working on something similar,, more Cooperative

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
You have been able to get license for years.
Look it up.

Around 4k to get a foot in the door if you can pass the test.

The UK is secretly growing mass amounts of so called medical herb,
But we are not in the club.

If one of us was married to a cabinet member then it’s a first class seat on the gravy train but for the rest of us ,,not a chance for the rest of us ,,,,,,s2