What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Butterball turkey rub

bigAl25

Veteran
Will my ground up cannabis and olive oil make a good rub for my 18 lb butterball turkey for thanksgiving? Has anyone tried this before. I'll be smoking it for at least 12 hours on my Smokey Mountain Weber charcoal water smoker along with a beef brisket and some salmon. Will it interact with all the meds my 92 year old mother is taking? I'd hate to get her high at this stage in her life, she may not appreciate it like I do. She doesn't listen to Bob Marley's music much. Happy Thanksgiving all.:peacock:

KGB47

"It's just a flesh wound"
Veteran
Will my ground up cannabis and olive oil make a good rub for my 18 lb butterball turkey for thanksgiving? Has anyone tried this before. I'll be smoking it for at least 12 hours on my Smokey Mountain Weber charcoal water smoker along with a beef brisket and some salmon. Will it interact with all the meds my 92 year old mother is taking? I'd hate to get her high at this stage in her life, she may not appreciate it like I do. She doesn't listen to Bob Marley's music much. Happy Thanksgiving all.:peacock:

Happy Thanksgiving indeed! I wouldn't use the cannabis for a rub unless you really like the taste of it. Stick to traditional herbs with the bird and make a batch of brownies with the cannabis.

organitron

I've used a turkey brine recipe from an old LL Bean cookbook, mostly salt and cider or apple juice and a few spices. Brine, then place under a fan until you get a crusty pellicle. I think I smoked for 3 or 4 hours, 12 would make jerky in my smoker. You can even use turkey bags for the brine if you have any:laughing::laughing:. bon appetit!

Gry

I bet the place would smell wonderful and it would really add something positive to the feel of the day.
Would have to make real sure momma did not get a dosed slice of bird.

bigAl25

Veteran
I took the good son route and did not use cannabis as my turkey rub. Tony Chachere cajun and olive oil rub instead. Everyting, 18lb turkey, 5 lb beef brisket and slab of salmon went on the smoker at 1:30pm today. Used some bourbon barrel smoking chips my son gave me for Xmas last year. You can actually smell the bourbon in the smoke. Damn that's so cool.

Latest posts

Latest posts