What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Repuk 3d Take on Stealth Grow: Garden Shed

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Chop time...

Chop time...

Chop time came... first time at this spot where grow is 100% pest free...

Everything drying now, but w/o weighting I'm positive I've achieved > 1GPW this time.

The only thing that would have been an improvement on this run: space. I'm sure I would have had plenty of super quality nugs if only the Kalichakra had been there.

Sadly I can't post smell...

Prior to the chop:

Kalichakra
picture.php

Beyond the Brain #2
picture.php

Beyond the Brain #1
picture.php

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Kalichakra

Kalichakra

I'm in love with her. Hope smoke is powerful enough (and I manage to keep my hands off her until at least one month curing).

Super Old School Sativa aroma: Red fruity Sandalwood with patchouli notes rounded with incense, supercharged to the point of being unbearable for some...

Kalichakra, 10 weeks - chop time
picture.php

Kalichakra, 10 weeks - chop time - 100% Crop
picture.php

Foxy Lady
picture.php

picture.php

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Beyond the Brain #2

Beyond the Brain #2

This time she reached the ripening stage with plenty of health, really apparent by the looks of her nugs, and by the quantity and size of them... Again they're say 25% smaller but the looks are way danker. Hard as rocks.

Nice Citrusy-Mango aroma.

A bit over-ripen maybe, around 15% amber, but wanted her to pack full potency.

Leaving lower nugs to fully mature would have been beneficial, but we're at 100% summer temps here, not viable on the Shed tent.

Chop time
picture.php

Nug Detail
picture.php

100% Crop
picture.php

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Beyond the Brain #1

Beyond the Brain #1

No purples this time (temps have been near 40C latests three days), but looking way healthy and green (as BtB usually should).

She didn't keep stretching this time, being around 50% the size of BtB #2, and 25% Kalichakra.

picture.php

Nug detail
picture.php

100% Crop
picture.php

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Really happy with the outcome this time.

Haven't weighted anything, but for comparisons sake, this tent produced more volume than the plants under the HPS on the ACE tent, had a hard time having them on the same line!.

Nugs are smaller, but pretty average in size all-around.

I felt like doing a variation prior to chop this time: as temps were out of this world, reaching 40C inside the tent, (and it wasn't possible to crop) I had these girls in total darkness for three days, no water on the latest 24.

Notes taken/Lessons learnt:

- Leave dry/wet cycles (fertigate once per day) Specially with tropical sativas, as it's like that in nature. Plus: avoiding ideal conditions for aphids.

- Careful not to go overboard with air circulation (induces mites, and premature aging of buds)

- Sativas need horizontal Space for increased wellbeing. When hearing "Sativa" we tend to instantly think about vertical available space, but cramming them impacts yields and potential just like touching the bulb...

- SILs is the way to go for plants stress-free growing in micro spaces

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
420giveaway
This time she reached the ripening stage with plenty of health, really apparent by the looks of her nugs, and by the quantity and size of them... Again they're say 25% smaller but the looks are way danker. Hard as rocks.

Nice Citrusy-Mango aroma.

A bit over-ripen maybe, around 15% amber, but wanted her to pack full potency.

Leaving lower nugs to fully mature would have been beneficial, but we're at 100% summer temps here, not viable on the Shed tent.

Chop time
View Image

Nug Detail
View Image

100% Crop
View Image

Quality and Quantity cracking job. :tiphat:

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Thanks DARKSIDER! :tiphat:

Testing Beyond the Brain #2... so far the most potent by a good margin and it can only get better! :biggrin: been a surprise, much more potent than previous time...

Will run the rest of BtB seeds I have for sure in the search of the giant pheno!

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Thanks AgentPotHead! :biggrin:

Just weighted them:

Kalichakra 195 grams
Beyond the Brain #2 126 grams
Beyond the Brain #1 73grams

394grams total, spot on gpw wise (392W)

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Wait...

picture.php

This can't be right. 1,6gpw?!

Let's redo the math:

10 x 11W 2700K = 110W
6 x 15W 5000K = 90W
4 x 13W 6500K = 52W

Total 252W. The Astrotec is very reliable, I'd trust they pull 241W actually.

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
I thought that was weird. I've been focused on that 241 number since I found your thread and decided to try a lil build like yours.

Great results my man and great advice/lessons!

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
:thank you: bsgospel! Glad you liked it! hahah that's why I note everything by posting, otherwise my memory is a mess! :biggrin: dunno where the 390Watts came from.

I don't know when did I do the math (possibly under the influence ;)), but wood-grid SIL hood isn't 390W, but 252W:

attachment.php

Original design assumed all SILs to be 11W, which wasn't possible at the end.

Actually purchased bulbs were
10 x 11W 2700K = 110W
6 x 15W 5000K = 90W
4 x 13W 6500K = 52W

Total 252W

Actual draw from the wall:

picture.php

Actual watts per sq feet: 35W per sq feet

Yield:
Kalichakra 195 grams
Beyond the Brain #2 126 grams
Beyond the Brain #1 73grams

Total 394grams, 1,6GPW.

I don't trim small sugar leaves specially if they're full of trichs. Remember this is for my own use, but even with a thorough trimming job, say 10% less weight, GPW is still >=1.5.

One thing is for sure: SILs, when used with a suitable technique (strain, LST, even canopy, etc) is the most efficient lightning for growing, no doubt about that.

Repuk i powered through this entire thread in the last 3 hours. This contains some of the most thorough advise anywhere on IC. You have combined much of the amazing research all into one thread. If i could only have one thread, this would be the one. I do hope you are happy and well. Do come back with more info... and a smoke report on that Cob you made ;-)

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
@bsgospel: Have you built the wood-grid SIL hood already? Are you using it??

Just got the wagos and wiring in yesterday. Instead of the wood grid, I'm going to slightly modify a vegetable steamer and turn it up side down to emulate an umbrella hood. 6 or 7 bulbs per umbrella in a closet setting should yeild about 30-40 w/sq ft. I'm not counting on the hood doing much for reflectivity as the bulbs will hang a bit too low but the pre drilled holes are nice. 14g wires with Y splitter sockets.

Came back to this thread to check out your wago wiring diagram and found your message. Sorry for the late reply. I'll share some pics when things get going. Cheers!

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
:thank you: OkieSmokie! :huggg: dunno how I missed your posts notifications, sorry!

Glad you liked it, my honor! :tiphat:

bsgospel: don't hesitate on asking if needed! Sounds like a good plan, specially if the "hood" won't prevent heat from raising when radiating from the LED PCB area.

No need for reflecting hoods, that's some of the greatest pros with SILs... 100% of light is emmited at 180 degrees already.

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Good point! I think also it just struck me because I wasn't sure what else I could strap these lights to. Haven't got any lumber laying about. Nothing in the house that I could use for cheap. Getting inventive with jerry-rigging

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Repuk 2019 Grow

Repuk 2019 Grow

Let's start the season!

After a so-so start, decided it was time get serious; plants were brought to the garden shed with the 252W Wooden grid SIL. Tent was thorougly bleached before moving them in.

picture.php

Regulation:
picture.php

Humidity controller (set to 65%) controls a fog mister; Temp control (set to 23C now) manages a greenhouse heater, and extraction.

Plants are more than a month old but experienced some newbieness on their care:

- Unsexed Kalichakra
- Fem Golden Tiger #3 x Panama Goddess
- Unsexed Satori
- Fem Tikal x Panama
- Unsexed Mandala #1

Hopefully everything should be dialed-in now, light set to 18/6, pic taken at day 0, let´s see how they evolve!

Latest posts

Latest posts