What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What is your trick to edibles?

angelgoob

decarbs temperatures.

adding honey?

Adding cinnamon that "cleans" receptors?

adding lecithin to absorb faster or have a stronger high?

Using MCTs cuz your body breaks it down faster or something and you get higher?

Cooking it a long time?

Am I missing anything? :dance013:

angelgoob

although I've thought about using hemp oil as a carrier solution. Do you think maybe they're made for each other and it would produce an astounding high because of the synergy or something.

has anyone tried using the omega 3 6 9 found in hemp seeds?

And did you know that eating hemp seeds supports the endocannabinoid system?

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
I use olive oil and/or ghee (clarified butter). I get very close to the same kick in and effectiveness time for everyone this way. They absorb the most cannabinoids per gram and are easily digested by everyone. The digestion is important, otherwise you're wasting cannabinoids as they leave the body undigested the next day.

:)

Jeeyah

What made a difference for me after years of frustration was grinding up the material and cooking it longer. Instead of 45 minutes, I would leave it in a crock pot on warm for a whole weekend. I use coconut oil.

Last edited:

angelgoob

THIS IS NOT A THREAD TO SELL YOUR STUPID MACHINE!

just kidding. Yeah that thing just, coconut oil and a pot is cheaper. lol

I forget what the other point I have to make them stronger. Jump up and down and it'll mix in your stomach better. :D

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Just a satisfied customer..

Just a satisfied customer..

THIS IS NOT A THREAD TO SELL YOUR STUPID MACHINE!

just kidding. Yeah that thing just, coconut oil and a pot is cheaper. lol

I forget what the other point I have to make them stronger. Jump up and down and it'll mix in your stomach better. :D

The Magical Butter Machine is pretty inexpensive @ $150 and it saves a lot of time. (I've had mine 5 years and it has paid for itself)

It does 2 pounds of Coconut Oil in an hour, not counting decarbing. (2 hours for Butter)

Clean up is easy, no water no mess.

Now I have Cancer and ease of use is important to me. I make a couple of pounds per harvest.

Standard recipe 2 ounces of 20% Bud to 2 pounds of Oil or Butter. That's enough for 200 50mg Snickerdoodle CannaCookies:party:

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
I manufacture a 60% THC oil and if cooking I substitute one to one with butter. If the cookies call for eight tablespoons of butter substitute one teaspoon of oil for one teaspoon of butter. A teaspoon of oil is good for two dozen cookies.

I only use recipes that call for butter as the oil cooks the same as a saturated oil. I suppose I could substitute for lard just as well but I do not enjoy as many lard recipes as ones with butter.
The oil is totally tasteless in these edibles, to me that is a major draw, I hate the taste of pot to where I will not eat anything made with ground up bud or leaf butter, I would rather be straight.

Our local pot bakery person cooks up special dishes for me in trade for quality shake for coconut oil cooking. Raspberry filled cream puffs with THC oil pastry shells last month, no sugar in the raspberry, oh yeah. Recipe for the Puffs in last month's 'Skunk' magazine.

slave2thestove

I have recently started to decarb via water bath....
http://marijuanagrowershq.com/decarboxylation-marijuana-alchemy/

I found this article very interesting and played around a bit on different ways to achieve similar results. Water boils at 212 as we all know so no need to even purchase a water circulator. Vacuumed ground nugs with some pennies to keep it submerged and cooked at a low boil for and hour and a half. Much easier and consistent-no need to keep checking oven temperature!

Also, always use coconut oil for its high saturated fat content-in theory should have better extraction of THC and CBDs. Great for both edibles and topicals. Rocking a nice whipped coconut herb oil, shea butter, olive oil and eucalyptus cream right now great for chap lips, burns and muscle pain!

Anyone need recipes or ideas just message me...

brown_thumb

I have recently started to decarb via water bath....
http://marijuanagrowershq.com/decarboxylation-marijuana-alchemy/

I found this article very interesting and played around a bit on different ways to achieve similar results. Water boils at 212 as we all know so no need to even purchase a water circulator. Vacuumed ground nugs with some pennies to keep it submerged and cooked at a low boil for and hour and a half. Much easier and consistent-no need to keep checking oven temperature!

Also, always use coconut oil for its high saturated fat content-in theory should have better extraction of THC and CBDs. Great for both edibles and topicals. Rocking a nice whipped coconut herb oil, shea butter, olive oil and eucalyptus cream right now great for chap lips, burns and muscle pain!

Anyone need recipes or ideas just message me...

I was wondering if this method would work. Thank you for the confirmation!! I'll not use coins as ballasts for concern of compounds leeching from the metals. I'll use either stainless steel as in the video or glass marbles. How does the terpene profile look with the sous vide method?

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
The information I've read says ghee and olive oil absorb a higher percentage (per ounce of oil/ghee) of cannabinoids than coconut oil. Now where did I see that...

Safe Gardener

Subbing, very interested in this thread.

I've used a Crock-Pot for a 24hr extraction of 2oz of fan leaves into 1/2lb butter and had great results but the taste is like hay. I'm sure there is a better way, but was happy to utilize the fan leaves that would have just become compost otherwise.

slave2thestove

I was wondering if this method would work. Thank you for the confirmation!! I'll not use coins as ballasts for concern of compounds leeching from the metals. I'll use either stainless steel as in the video or glass marbles. How does the terpene profile look with the sous vide method?
I understand you concerns. I actually vacuum the coins in a separate space from the buds!

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
I use a Green Dragon base and infuse items with a solvent transfer. I can transfer to sugar, honey, butter, oil, basically anything that can be heated to 180°F without degradation.

By testing batches I can control dosing with my recipe. For example, if I test at 24 mg/ml then I make a dozen cookies I know I can infuse 12 ml to make a dozen cookies at 24 mg each. Or I could double it and make 48 mg cookies. It's all under my control.