What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MotherLode Gardens 2017

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
I like to pretend you got green thumbs so I don't have to face the reality of my lack of skill :D

Lol it's cool though. I'm still new to this and learning.

So yea maybe i'll only double plant the AOGs. Or just use the runts too.

That sucks dude. I have to worry every winter about whether or not I'll have to scramble around for a new place before season starts. That's not a fun situation. I feel like you could find an investor though...

You can quad plant the aog and it will outyield one big plant just stay on top of pruning training etc if those f2's are like the original.

An investor would be nice but I also need to sell all the stuff I'm still sitting on. If I had more time then I wouldn't be too worried but I need to be ready soon.

COme work for me
thats tempting, I would love to work for you but I have to see how things play out at my spot right now. Been a lot of work to get this far. And a lot of it thanks to your techs

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
You getting it on and popping?
yah in a month. just doing some soil work until then

offer him a large down payment, (as much as you are comfortable)
then pay him $1500. a month (1k toward principal - 500 interest to him) for 12-24 months (start with 24),
and a pay off balloon payment at the end of the 12-24 months (no prepayment penalty).
thats basically what he wants to do.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
I'm in LA for a couple days and then Santa Cruz.. still selling 2016 crop. Been getting test results back from sc labs , many different things, all in the range of 25-28% thc. still it's hard to get some of the dispensaries to look at outdoor weed. Shippers and black market guys love it though

I hear it's been raining like crazy up north, flooding everywhere . Maybe I picked a good time to go south.

You definitely did. Go to China town and hit up baohaus

Think about it at least and if you want to come be a camp counselor we send u the bus to camp

plantingplants

Quad plant huh..Fuck. Shit got real real quick... If i use reg seeds i'm lookin at setting up for ~600 7 gals. That's fuckin 20 yards of soil and a big ass greenhouse just for the babies. Wtf. I dont think i even have the space for that. Gnna have to be clones and fem seed...

What size tent and light was that in those photos of your seed flats last year? My seed starting set up is trash so i need to do it right this time.

30 plant limit. Nice. I have been trying to find the info on that change but all I come up with is the 24 plant limit. Where did they publish that info Shcrews? Im currently looking to buy a place in El Dorado County but that might persuade me to look down there.

I hope you can work out a deal on your place there.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Six pages and nothing happened yet maybe by page 10...
i was just out playing salesman for a week.. back on the farm now, it's still off-season so not much going on except for indoors. I sent in a soil sample. going to send in a couple more this week. 3 different mounds and some native soil. Still waiting for seed popping time.. What should i be working on?

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Quad plant huh..Fuck. Shit got real real quick... If i use reg seeds i'm lookin at setting up for ~600 7 gals. That's fuckin 20 yards of soil and a big ass greenhouse just for the babies. Wtf. I dont think i even have the space for that. Gnna have to be clones and fem seed...

What size tent and light was that in those photos of your seed flats last year? My seed starting set up is trash so i need to do it right this time.
you can get them sexed early if space is an issue. or yah, clones / fems.

last year i sprouted seeds in 4" pots, put 100 pots per 4x4 tray. 200 total in a 4x8 tent. i think i was using a 1000w hps over each 4x4, maybe dimmed to 600w.

Will be watching again this year, decide on strains yet?
going to sprout a lot of different seeds but my Ancient OG f2's will go in most of the full-season mounds. Might put some blue dream crosses too like bodhi's Dream Lotus or south fork seeds Kaya's Dream. Also might try a couple Black Lime Reserve x Ancient OG from a cross i did last summer with a delicious BLR female and 2 giant AOG males.

in addition to the full-season mounds, i plan to make a smaller garden in native soil where i will plant a wider variety of strains. Not decided on the final lineup yet but maybe i will post here a list of all my options...

the most popular strains from last season were Ancient OG, South Fork Kush, and Dream Lotus.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
30 plant limit. Nice. I have been trying to find the info on that change but all I come up with is the 24 plant limit. Where did they publish that info Shcrews? Im currently looking to buy a place in El Dorado County but that might persuade me to look down there.

I hope you can work out a deal on your place there.
thanks, i'm tryin to secure the spot before seed-popping time

I talked to the county, they said nothing has changed yet so it's still 24 for medical plus now the 6 for recreational. Most farmers here are going way bigger than that though. code enforcement was nonexistent last year

Why is it hard to get some dispensarys to look at outdoor weed?
i'm not sure. most places will take anything if it's a good enough price. some people are picky though

plantingplants

Might put some blue dream crosses too like bodhi's Dream Lotus or south fork seeds Kaya's Dream.

BD crosses huh. :biggrin: Is yield a little higher on your priority list this year?

btw, since those AOGs are f2s, won't there be a lot more variety, meaning more chance of lower yielding phenotypes?

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
BD crosses huh. :biggrin: Is yield a little higher on your priority list this year?
for the full-season mounds, yes. Going with proven monsters only. not sacrificing quality just variety. the new native soil garden will have more variety. I do like variety. it's very fun growing new strains cuz you dont' know what to expect.

btw, since those AOGs are f2s, won't there be a lot more variety, meaning more chance of lower yielding phenotypes?
idk how much more variety is possible because i've seen many different pheno's just from the original bodhi AOG f1's. But i expect the f2's to be diverse as well. never seen a low-yielding AOG though. Anyway i always sprout a lot of extra seeds just to be safe, and only plant the biggest ladies.

When i selected plants for the AOG open pollination both males were chosen for their size. One mother was selected for her size. for my full season mounds I will be sprouting the seeds from that mother only. the same seeds i had at emerald cup. I expect they will get big for the most part.

i also made AOG f2's during that same open-pollination using a female AOG which was not quite as big, but extremely frosty. those may get a spot in the native soil garden but not the big mounds.

plantingplants

I can't hate. My garden is boring af this year. Half of it is blue dream. But i am gonna keep it fun with some breeding and like you I have my little pets. Actually it's your aog*blr seeds that are my pets. Plus i am going to spread some Pakistan chitral Kush through the trees, in native+gyp. I love that red color. Cant wait to breed with it.

Can you explain why you open pollenated? I hear it helps preserve genetics but don't fully understand it.

Latest posts

Latest posts