What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

SFV OG Kush

Mohadib

Veteran
My San Fernando Lemon Kush mom from Sweet Seeds turned a little purple. There direct from Sweet Seeds distributors. It's a SFV x Kosher. Now I ran a lot of the first sfv swerve and everyone had and never had any purple back then. Now I'm glad I kept a clone of her, she's covered in frost and pretty strong. I love SFV OGs

Yeah, I've seen your SFLK - lookin' nice and frosty!
The phenos of SFLK I've grown yet didn't show a hint of purple. But they were very distinct in terms of bud structure and aroma as well, so the genetics seem to be all over the place with this strain.
Oh, and btw: Sweet Seeds used a Cali Connection SVF OG Kush in this cross, and not a legit SFV cut. So the purple trait doesn't necessarily come from the SFV in the mix ;)

mexweed

Veteran
I recently got some larry's lemon from garden of green, listed as sfvXghost, probably going to run them with the chemdogXhindu kush this winter, they listed the smells as lemon, pine, and rotting berries (halitosis?)

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Yeah, I've seen your SFLK - lookin' nice and frosty!
The phenos of SFLK I've grown yet didn't show a hint of purple. But they were very distinct in terms of bud structure and aroma as well, so the genetics seem to be all over the place with this strain.
Oh, and btw: Sweet Seeds used a Cali Connection SVF OG Kush in this cross, and not a legit SFV cut. So the purple trait doesn't necessarily come from the SFV in the mix ;)

It's probably more from cooler grow room temps and organics. The sfv I ran from Capt Krip back in the day never turned purple. The OG has been worked by everybody the last 15yrs. I got straight funk from them guys sfv OG, :tiphat:

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Definitely got some purpling in quite a few Ghost OG S1's. It did it in little colder temps than normal when I did a winter run and nights got bit chilly. I took countless pictures of countless phenos will come back and update if needed when I go through that hard drive again in the future. I haven't run any of my TK s1's in colder temps but no normal purpling thus far. I would say out of all GHOST I ran of them 1 of 20 will have some purpling buds but this is not extreme at all.

I do not recommend ghost og whether a cross or s1 or the cut. Just a fair warning to everyone. If bland dutch bs is what you are looking for you will find a lot of it in those beans...Not impressed at all. SFV, TK/Legend, Tahoe or go home not interested.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Tahoe or go home,,, love it,,

Is the tahoe the killer app?,,

Ghost vs Tahoe vs TK vs SFV??

mack 10

Veteran
They where either the same cut (once)
Or bagseed or crosses.
From Josh to dude who moved to Tahoe.
So it's either the diff nutrients, water, lights etc. Or slight drift in each pheno.

Most people say the sfv is the lemon pledge one. So it must of been crossed with something?

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
The sfvog is my fav of all the ogs.. she is the most lip smacking gum zinging make your teeth itch lemon zing that punches you right in the head..

Og kush is similar to tahoe as its more lemony piney kushy earthy fukall like the sfv cut from my experience anyway..

I grew the sfv x chem#4 last year but she was prone to hermie so she had to go and after smoking kuchi in dam which was on the menu in the grey area for years i had to invest in those seeds so i bought 3 packs of reg seeds... kuchi was sfv x exodus...

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Man I'd like to have a pack of Tahoe and SFV.....if there anything like they used to be!!! My buddy's got a killer Biker x to SFV that's my Xmas stash and holidays smoke, it's real good. I'm not trying to start anything, but a lot of the Cookies xs kinda taste like Fire OG that Raskal had back in the day. I think it myself, that Fire OG has a unique taste, a lot of my buddy's like the weed that's got that taste. I've not ran a lot of cookie stuff, but ran Gorilla Girl and it's straight Fire OG, lol I couldn't believe it. I'm like damn this has that Fire OG taste like I grew a decade ago!!! But I've got about 10 clones from my SLK that I'm gonna get started with soon, along with some Lemon Tart from Cali Connection. Along with a few seeds I'm gonna germ and have some fun!!!!

Railage

Has anyone gotten to run 707 Seedbanks SFV OG Kush Bx3 aka 707 OG Kush yet?

I have two packs I’m sitting on (I hate sitting on them but we just popped 28 Tropicana Cherries and 25 Acai Gelato x Kush Mints 11)

I’ll do them soon enough but I’m super curious.

loyral

Man I'd like to have a pack of Tahoe and SFV.....if there anything like they used to be!!! My buddy's got a killer Biker x to SFV that's my Xmas stash and holidays smoke, it's real good. I'm not trying to start anything, but a lot of the Cookies xs kinda taste like Fire OG that Raskal had back in the day. I think it myself, that Fire OG has a unique taste, a lot of my buddy's like the weed that's got that taste. I've not ran a lot of cookie stuff, but ran Gorilla Girl and it's straight Fire OG, lol I couldn't believe it. I'm like damn this has that Fire OG taste like I grew a decade ago!!! But I've got about 10 clones from my SLK that I'm gonna get started with soon, along with some Lemon Tart from Cali Connection. Along with a few seeds I'm gonna germ and have some fun!!!!

Had high hopes for sflk run her with gp,cc, and dosweedo..found nothing worth smoking in this seeds...had the gp and cc in 09 and quality and phenos are not the same imo.......

Testing the cc sfv.og kush fem right now, just one plant..hope its not too fakeish, no smell on stem rub sadly..

Had a wonderfull sfv pheno from csg.ogchem in 2013/14
Just the dankest softest piney skittle lemon skunk diesel fuel waffle terpenes..

took 12 clones only 1 rooted after 4 weeks with the thinnest glassy root for a cannabis plant ever..could only run her twice before i lost her...
Never found anything similiar again

Anyway scored a pack 707sfv.og bx3
Hope it makes its way to me..

Following shabud's word its supposed to be, pure og sfv flame..i really need that back in my garden...i can still smell her :moon:

loyral

Need to correct me on the cali connection sfv.og kush, the tips of the mother are straight gas incense meat, capsaicin nose burner...but only the freshest tips...:)

LostTribe

Premium user
Regarding OG seeds. I have run 2 out of a pack of Cali Conn SFV ibl now and both turned out identical. They were fem's only problem is they smell and taste like sweet peaches. The high is nice but there is absolutely no lemon pinesol like I was hoping.

I also just ran their Tahoe s1 and it gave me a. really gassy plant which I like but its still drying.

I finished 2 Karma Biker Kush v2 and the one I kept is super duper gassy with an extra helping of trichomes. Went dark purple w night temps in the upper 60's which I wasn't expecting. The early nug I smoked got me pretty stoned too. So far that the keeper.

Next run will have some CV Ghost s1 and CV Chem'91 s1 hopefully.

spazspaz

I finished 2 Karma Biker Kush v2 and the one I kept is super duper gassy with an extra helping of trichomes. Went dark purple w night temps in the upper 60's which I wasn't expecting. The early nug I smoked got me pretty stoned too. So far that the keeper...

Maybe some of “The Black” that is “probably” a part of the lineage, according to a potentially forbidden-to-mention other website that attempts to track genealogy of the dopes. Or, can I just say, ‘s_edfinder?’

Maybe temps don’t matter a great deal, in some cases.

But, we’re a little distant from the right thread for that conversation.

Probably should keep that one for further testing, however. Could be a nice rare mix.

Mohadib

Veteran
Maybe some of “The Black” that is “probably” a part of the lineage, according to a potentially forbidden-to-mention other website that attempts to track genealogy of the dopes. Or, can I just say, ‘s_edfinder?’

Maybe temps don’t matter a great deal, in some cases.

But, we’re a little distant from the right thread for that conversation.

Probably should keep that one for further testing, however. Could be a nice rare mix.

According to Karma himself and to those people that actually know the cut, there's no Blackberry in the HA OG. It's "just" an original OG cut from Organge County.
I have seen the "Probably OG Kush x Blackberry"-claim again and again but never have I seen anyone even trying to back it up.
Oh, and Karma actually said that the cut itself doesn't purple - it's just the offspring ;)

LostTribe

Premium user
According to Karma himself and to those people that actually know the cut, there's no Blackberry in the HA OG. It's "just" an original OG cut from Organge County.
I have seen the "Probably OG Kush x Blackberry"-claim again and again but never have I seen anyone even trying to back it up.
Oh, and Karma actually said that the cut itself doesn't purple - it's just the offspring ;)

Leaves are now Black. 5 days after chop. Nearly dry and snipped today. Nugs are darker but still showing dark purple on the upper tops. I will get some pics up before I blow the whole batch. I am pretty busy so it might be a while. They re still curing.