What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New light, No heat?

tragic1

Mybeans what do they compare too. It says a 1000w, but that seems hard to believe. I don't see a price for them eithier.

mybeans420

resident slackass
Veteran
i saw it in baltimore last year.
a closet grow. kid was loaded. he wanted the highest tech shit he could get. then couldn't get the hang of it...hehehe:D
i got him to switch to soil and he's doing great now. i don't know about a 1000 watter but they compare it by par watts so who knows? it produced some good superskunk in a small closet though. i wouldn't spring for it, but i ain't loaded either.;)

G-D

how much are they~!

how much are they~!

that lamp looks pretty cool
Does any body know the price of those badboys?
G

G

I saw a machine like this that used fiber-optic materials. It looks cool and there was no heat at all.

I'm curious about the heat it generates.....I heard no heat at all since fiber optics transfer light and no heat

Anyone know prices? just think of the possibilities with no heat generated

Smokemon

Sounds way cool,but almost to good to be true.Still the box at the top must generate heat,they say-
"Light travels from its enclosed HID lamp down through nine fibre optic cables to the growing area, maintaining the intensity and spectral qualities of the lamp but keeping the heat-generating lamp at a distance."
That's nice that it keeps the heat away from the plants but will still be heat in your grow area it seems like.
It's hard to believe that letting the lights get a little closer to the plants is gonna let a 150w HID deliver the PAR equivalent of a 1000 watter.That's what they're saying makes the difference. Folks with air-cooled tubes are getting theirs pretty darn close as it is.
Hopefully someone on the forums with deep pockets will get one so we can see it in action

teddynugent

I think when they say no heat, they mean coming out of the ends of the fibre optic cables. I'm sure there will still be heat in the grow room, but you can put those cables as close to the plant as you want. That's basically their selling point. I have no idea of the price, but I'm positive that it's way more expensive than any HID light. I'm sure that you could buy at least 2 1000 watters for the price of one of those. So, for now I'll stick to my plain old HPS's. Now, if the yield from that one light could compare to the amount of HID's you could buy for the same price, then I'd probably be a lot more interested. Allthough I did read about these lights probably almost a year ago now, I've yet to see anyone growing with them. Actually, I think I seen one person that claimed that they were using the fibre optics, but it turned out to be a bunch of BS. I tink that's what actually got me reading about the fibre optic lighting.

I do think that it's a cool concept though. I still want to see someone growing with one of these. Maybe they will produce an ass-kicking yield, who knows.
So, who's gonna be the one to test these lights out for everyone?
If anyone finds any pictures and/or threads on growing with these lights, please let me know.

-Teddy