What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Violeta

LouDog420

Checkin in with shitty phone pics around day 21... Colors are heavy with purples, pinks, and a few greens.

The overwhelming pine from the PCK is not my favorite, but there's a few darker sweeter smelling ones I've got my eyes on. Hoping we have some of that berry bubblegum you all are talking about.

Rock solid and smooth sailing from these plants so far, despite my abuse!

full

full

full

full

Good vibes,
LD

tonykevin

Checkin in with shitty phone pics around day 21... Colors are heavy with purples, pinks, and a few greens.

The overwhelming pine from the PCK is not my favorite, but there's a few darker sweeter smelling ones I've got my eyes on. Hoping we have some of that berry bubblegum you all are talking about.

Rock solid and smooth sailing from these plants so far, despite my abuse!

full

full

full

full

Good vibes,
LD
Very nice healthy plants. I would also like to test the Violetta

LouDog420

Day 29 checking in. Really seeing and smelling the uniqueness in each pheno appearing.

A couple green ones not pictured. I love some green weed, but let's be honest, we're looking for some added color and flavor...

A couple of the shorter, purple calyx sweet berry type
full

A couple of the taller, purple calyx, grape bubblegum type
full

full

A couple of the dark purple pine pck variety
full

And a lighter purple flower pine
full

kro-magnon

Veteran
Day 29 checking in. Really seeing and smelling the uniqueness in each pheno appearing.

A couple green ones not pictured. I love some green weed, but let's be honest, we're looking for some added color and flavor...

A couple of the shorter, purple calyx sweet berry type
full

A couple of the taller, purple calyx, grape bubblegum type
full

full

A couple of the dark purple pine pck variety
full

And a lighter purple flower pine
full
It's funny the most colored one is not the fruitiest or sweetest smelling of the bunch. I've not grown a lot of purple strains but I thought the most colorful were the sweet smelling, in your grow it looks like it's the opposite.

LouDog420

It's funny the most colored one is not the fruitiest or sweetest smelling of the bunch. I've not grown a lot of purple strains but I thought the most colorful were the sweet smelling, in your grow it looks like it's the opposite.

PCK crosses I've grown in the past had the same heavy pine scent on the most colorful as well. Plenty of color on the sweeter smelling ones, just not the dark purples all over the flower and leaf.

First time for me, had a beautiful male, liked his more sativa structure, color, vigor, etc. Plenty of pollen sacks but sterile as a mule, no pollen dropping.

Very interesting. I've seen sterile males when reversing females, but never with such a healthy vigorous regular male

A few pics, one boy dropping spunk as usual...
full

full

Mr. No spunk, not a grain of pollen dropping
full

full

Mudballs2.0

I've seen sterile males when reversing females, but never with such a healthy vigorous regular male
Hi lou, i saw a trifoliate last summer do it and a (Mendo purps x kimbo kush) x Project 25 do it. Full vigorous males but zero pollen. Just my 2 cents, ur not going crazy it's a real thing

LouDog420

I've seen sterile males when reversing females, but never with such a healthy vigorous regular male
Hi lou, i saw a trifoliate last summer do it and a (Mendo purps x kimbo kush) x Project 25 do it. Full vigorous males but zero pollen. Just my 2 cents, ur not going crazy it's a real thing
Not going crazy is arguable ;)

Figured someone else has seen it. Thanks for the input. Grow enough plants and you're sure to find some strange things. Personally, I love the interesting anomalies this plant provides.

We've got some very nice males we're chucking still, just thought this one was extra interesting.

Good vibes,
LD

kro-magnon

Veteran
Hi Loudog420, I recently had the same issue with a Acid Dawg male, I wanted to make some F2's with my seed pack so I kept a male with the better structure possible, it was a beautiful and healthy plant who did not produce a single grain of pollen. I was a bit mad it happens as I really wanted to reproduce this cross and it was a first for me as well. No Acid Dawg F2 for me, ok no problem, I'm growing some Rocky Melon and Terple, only Fem seeds so no no sterile male for me on this grow.
PS: the strain names are so ridiculous today, I don't see myself asking someone if he wants to smoke some freaking Rocky Melon or Terple...

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Sorry to hear about the sterile male @LouDog420 I've seen it previously from heavily inbred pure PCK lines, but never with Violeta males.

On the positive side, hope you can find the grape bubblegum female you are looking for .... seems you have good candidates, they look very healthy and promising reaching mid flowering :) with really nice resins and deep colors early on!

LouDog420

Sorry to hear about the sterile male @LouDog420 I've seen it previously from heavily inbred pure PCK lines, but never with Violeta males.

On the positive side, hope you can find the grape bubblegum female you are looking for .... seems you have good candidates, they look very healthy and promising reaching mid flowering :) with really nice resins and deep colors early on!

No worries and interesting that it's been seen in PCK lines. I just found it very interesting generally, plus we have a couple other solid males we're chucking. All the plants have been healthy and vigorous.

We definitely have some sweet, fruity, grape, bubblegum smells going on from a few ladies. I think we'll have some great plants, and the males seem like a nice mix of the piney dark purple PCK and the sweet fruity purple calyx leaners.

Lovely plants all around so far with unique expressions that stray from the typical modern day hype crosses.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Looking great at 35 days of flowering @LouDog420 :smoke: thanks a lot for sharing pictures of your 2 selections. How are both effect-wise ?

LouDog420

Hi dubi, nothing to comment on effect. We ran everything last round and open pollinated, then mixed to collect seeds. So we didn't get to smoke anything, since it was mixed and pretty beat up by the time we were done shucking seeds.

Selections were solely on structure, color, and terps. We have one more we kept kind of in between the two pictured here in regards to smell, but much more stretchy and foxtailed bud formation.

Excited to give them a proper smoke test.

jwm

Veteran
First sensi run, with two of my favorites from the couple packs... 35 days

Violeta #3, dark purple pine
full

Violeta #1, purple and pink grape bubblegum
full
Day 51 with the two favorite selections from the two packs popped... Busted out the DSLR for a couple shots...

Purple Pine

Pink and Purple Grape Bubblegum
Those are only 35 days??? They look much further along.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Mamma mia @LouDog420 :tiphat:Fine fine cultivation skills, those flowers look wonderful! Please get back to us with a smoke report when you think is the right time.

LouDog420

Mamma mia @LouDog420 :tiphat:Fine fine cultivation skills, those flowers look wonderful! Please get back to us with a smoke report when you think is the right time.
Will do dubi!

jwm, yes only 35 days in those pics... We get our girls to stack early and often! More info in the thread in my sig, LouDog's LED Lounge

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for joinning this thread @lifted_fins with your beautiful Violeta female :)
I'm sure she will do well in your climate and latitude :yes: