What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Woopsy hermie pollination questions for the vets

Greenthumber

So here I am a normal day going to water my beautiful ladies that are looking so nice wookies at 5 close to 6 weeks and also some more wookies and headband at about 4 close to 5 weeks but today I noticed the wookies has seeds not just in one spot but all over the 4 wookies plants. I haven’t actually noticed any in the headband (I’m sure they are on the way) but noticed the head band after a very close inspection that all of the headband cuts had male flowers on a few lower branches hiding and sure as shit open pollinating

My few questions are
1. Will the seeds in the wookies plants be of any value or can they carry the hermie trait?

2. Is the pollen I collected from the headband any good for pollinating down the line? Will the pollen pass on that hermie trait?

3. Do the buds finish faster now that they have been pollinated? (I know the production has stopped) or so that’s how it’s told)

4. what are my options as far as putting these seeded flowers to use as no patients want medication full of seeds. Hash? Rosin? Oil? Etc or would it be a waste of my time? What would you do if this was your 2nd crop after years and looking to gain atleast what you can out of it? Thanks in advance for any info comments or criticism

Karma G

Vendor
Veteran
1. Yes big change theyherm prone aswell

2. I would discard that pollen 100%

3. The plants will cencentrate on rippening seeds and less on extra bud growth.

4. You can dryscreen the buds and save a litle hash.

Americangrower

Veteran
Yeah it was a clone from a friend but unsure of the breeder info

Yeah I would chuck all seeds and pollen. If it was a known clone like say Loompas headband then I would use seed and pollen, because it's a proven clone and nanas would have been forced from light leak, heat , etc.

Greenthumber

Yeah I would chuck all seeds and pollen. If it was a known clone like say Loompas headband then I would use seed and pollen, because it's a proven clone and nanas would have been forced from light leak, heat , etc.

Yeah I’ve tried and Made sure a few times that it wasn’t light leak or anything giving off a glow at night, I’m almost positive it’s strain specific everyone one of the head bands threw nanners and not one of the wookies did

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Keep the seeds until you can test a few for herm traits being passed on.
If you can grow the seeds out, to your satisfaction, with minimal incidence of hermaphroditism, why toss them.
If they’re a hermy mess, eat them beans.

Latest posts

Latest posts