What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

IC 420 Cup 2018

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
dear people of the growing and toking IC community,

as many regulars know, we have been talking about doing our ic 420 cup in Barcelona for quite a while now. and finally this year;

we are happy to announce that we are moving the ic 420 cup 2018, to Barcelona. :woohoo: :dance013:

sadly Amsterdam has been making things harder and harder for the whole cannabis scene over the years, including for our cup of course.

hence organizing and running our member run event there, has be quite difficult and not without some risk at times :D

so as we saw things tighten up year for year in Holland, we saw Barcelona slowly become the new Amsterdam of Europe as things got better and better there.

so really we have reached a point where even the weed quality is better down there, not just the weather is better, lol. bud, hash and concentrates are better value and the food is more interesting.
they even have those cool social clubs where people can hang and smoke in a relaxed atmosphere, totally safe from the law as the club is fully legal.

so really, there is nothing holding us back from at least doing a test run down there. thanks to one of our great members we have all the resources needed to make this years ic 420 cup unforgettable for the international cannagraphic membership.

thats all for now, just making sure you don't book for Amsterdam thinking it will be there as usual. further info will be posted up as we get closer to the date. let the good times roll as they say.....

Last edited:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Superb!

Yes, organizing the 4/20 in Amsterdam over the years has become increasingly difficult, due to having to duck and dive around legality and illegality.

So I think it is much more sensible to move it to Barcelona in Spain next year where the legal climate is much more sensible for a bunch of cannabis enthusiasts to get together and judge, party and have fun at the ICMAG 4/20 2018.

hey guys. new member here. i was just wondering if this is an open invitation to ic members. cause if thats the case ill be saving for my plane ticket now.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
as it's a fully legal cup this year, i'm thinking it will be open to all ic members to visit. it's gonna be one hell of a party this year. this isn't a commercial event so don't expect concerts lol, just a really good group of people hanging out, sampling the best of the best cannabis products , it will be laid back, no stress event. a great opportunity to meet some of the people you talk with online normally.

for those wishing to enter the IC 420 Cup, they should pm Browser as he is in charge of the entrants. all the details will be posted in time, i just wanted to make sure potential entrants had as much time as possible to get their entry grown, processed, dried and cured in time and potential visitors know not to book AMS, but BARCA instead.

the dates of course as always start with the early birds on the 17th , through to the 20th when we do the award ceremony and party.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Might be a good idea to stick this notice up in a few of the other forums gaius, particularly the international ones, in their language...

Could also get a banner up on the site.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
i was considering a site wide announcement too Gypsy, just still figuring out some details.

in the end members will have to register to attend and first timers will only get location details shortly before things kick off. thats just for participants comfort level. none of us like to post where exactly we are chilling to the world at large.

info about judging will come closer to the time. we always try and make sure everyone gets to do at least some judging and there has never been an ic 420 cup where smokables were in short supply hehe.

weedtoker

Veteran
NICE! How do new "attendee's" can participate in the cup? Need a vouch from someone to send an entry, for example?

Also, congratz on the move to a more chilled vibe area to meet people and smokez it seems.:bongsmi:
Cheers

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
was nice while it lasted, thanks to everyone who I've met over the years it's been a blast. maybe see some of you around.

zamzia

Veteran
Ahhh man :( I'll still be doing my November trip to Dam to see you bro.

I'm sure you need a short break to Barca ;)

STRANDvasker

And just for your info Gaius its not 100% with the legality there but would say it´s a different situation from ams and maybe more relaxed when inside clubs but as soon you step out your product is still illegal there :-( but still super happy its there compared to amsterdam´.

STRAND

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
was nice while it lasted, thanks to everyone who I've met over the years it's been a blast. maybe see some of you around.

Wont effect that core of us that meet up a few times a year,,
as ya know j i wont be over this month and would have missed ic in April anyway so i be over a bit later then April,,,,,
All the best for Barcelona..if its gonna keep peeps safe then right on!,,
i joined 3or4 clubs out in Barcelona,remembering where they are is another thing now ifranes is closed,,,s2

truecannabliss

TrueCanna Genetics - Selection is art
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I live in Barcelona so can't wait for this to happen, gonna be so cool to see all my icmag family at 420. Holler if your planning on coming and need any info.
Peace and love.

zamzia

Veteran
I live in Barcelona so can't wait for this to happen, gonna be so cool to see all my icmag family at 420. Holler if your planning on coming and need any info.
Peace and love.

I'll need a full rundown True. Been to Barca twice, but both for short visits and not for herb.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran

i suppose thats your way of saying you won't be able to make it to Barcelona this year? :D

bummer man, i have a feeling it's gonna be pretty special. also the city of Barcelona is actually cheaper then Amsterdam and the flight over should be cheap too if you shop around a bit.

in the end i'm also slightly sad about the breaking of the long tradition in Amsterdam, but for things to get better they have to change and move on and we do have to make the best of available possibilities and resources to make things as cool as possible.

also this is not a move full stop, this is a test run. the fact remains that doing it in Ams is becoming harder and harder, year for year, as i've discussed with you before, so really we'd be silly not to at least give it a go in Barcelona, where we have amazing infrastructure and resources just waiting to be used. :joint:

i really hope you find a way to make it over, it's gonna be positive vibrations mon.

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
i suppose thats your way of saying you won't be able to make it to Barcelona this year? :D

bummer man, i have a feeling it's gonna be pretty special. also the city of Barcelona is actually cheaper then Amsterdam and the flight over should be cheap too if you shop around a bit.

in the end i'm also slightly sad about the breaking of the long tradition in Amsterdam, but for things to get better they have to change and move on and we do have to make the best of available possibilities and resources to make things as cool as possible.

also this is not a move full stop, this is a test run. the fact remains that doing it in Ams is becoming harder and harder, year for year, as i've discussed with you before, so really we'd be silly not to at least give it a go in Barcelona, where we have amazing infrastructure and resources just waiting to be used. :joint:

i really hope you find a way to make it over, it's gonna be positive vibrations mon.
All true Gaius,, but flats are not cheap especially nice ones and watch out for Penthouses with no lift,,,,i made that mistake first time over,lol,,,like climbing Everest every night lol,,,,,
Is a beautiful city and very large,,,,,s2:tiphat:

Olliedrchronic

Peace and love.

:woohoo: Me and all the Dr chronic family are so excited for this to happen in Barcelona not only to we get to see some good friends it’s such a beautiful city with amazing food and great variety. The extracts and flowers well I’ll let them Speak for themselves. Soon as more details are released them flights will be booked baby

Latest posts

Latest posts