What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

PLEASE HELP: What really makes good after burn smell & taste?

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
nothing tastes as good as organic ;) , I will admit that some ppl can grow with salts and still have decent stuff, but the most flavour will come from organics for sure. That and good starting genetics. Heck, I can cut a bud off a couple weeks early and speed dry the damn thing and still have a grey ash and decent smell in the air, and it burns better than the crap I can by around me from crappy growers lol.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
I’m so super sick of reading “nothing tastes as good as organic”
That’s bullshit. :tiphat:
Hear, hear!

Seriously, I don't even have refined mineral hydro perfected (lol, like light years away) and I've still had so many people confuse it for organic it's ridiculous.

If something not even close to dialed in can produce superior to the 'organic' I've sampled for 30+ years, you know others are out there killing it with refined minerals. :tiphat:

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
I hear ya, when we messed with synthetic nutes our still came out rather nice, theres def going to be different levels of growers on both sides of the fence. tbh the big hype I see people use salt nutes for is the fast veg and the larger yield. We messed with organics a couple times on and off and went back to salts, but it wasn't until we started brewing teas and making our own soil mixes that we finally understood. Things became easier for us, plants were happier, and can still get great growth rates.

But more on topic, 1st it comes to genetics, don't matter how good you are, if your starting genetics suck. 2nd and 3rd would be propper dry and cure, as well as being organic, but if using salts do some proper flushes. To bad you can't feed till the end like organic though, I bet those extra feedings help us out too.

I am not trying to bash salt growers at all, it can still produce some stellar stuff if done right. But I do feel that organics/living soils will bring out the most of all the expressions your plant has to offer.

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It takes skill to grow great tasting weed in hydro.

That's why I went organic, which takes no skill. :D

Seriously. All I do is give them plain water every three days.

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
It takes skill to grow great tasting weed in hydro.

That's why I went organic, which takes no skill. :D

Seriously. All I do is give them plain water every three days.

mine get ewc/seabird/bat/kelp tea every single feeding. but I am now also adding humboldt roots, hygrozyme, and fossil fuel, sometimes I add some ancient forest when I feel like it. Also have a few things in the soiless mix as well. best things is the dry stuff, I pre mix and have seperated so just pour a jar in that has enough for the tea I use, have many ready to go. Some other goodies too ;)

asilsweater

Bubba kush and bluedream have unique perfumy smells during burning and taste great. Try them i know this from personal experience.

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
Bubba kush and bluedream have unique perfumy smells during burning and taste great. Try them i know this from personal experience.

true that for bluedream, and smell that stays for long time, strawberry diesel and deathstar also have some unique flavors and long lingering smells ;)

Sure wish I would order some ssh seeds, would love to order 10 packs at least, would really like to find a nice one. love the haze smells/tastes

indabonga

Cannabis ****
Veteran
Organic its good for to eat vegetables, where the minerals make the taste rich.. In weed tosmoke minerals make cough and a bitter taste.with organic soil isn't impossible stop the minerals availability.... Plants needs nitric, if they are from synthetic or organic process change the residue type and quantity... With a good synthetic fertilizer you have near zero residues.. With organic process you have a billion of residues...

indabonga

Cannabis ****
Veteran
Believe me it is 99% genetics.
But if you don't know how grow it right you loose the genetic peculiarities :I ve smoke my cut grown by friends totally different from the original in taste and smell,Like another genetic,when instead it's a clone

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
420giveaway
Sure wish I would order some ssh seeds, would love to order 10 packs at least, would really like to find a nice one. love the haze smells/tastes

The SSH from Greenhouse Seeds is very stable, no need to pop 10 packs or more. One or two should get you what you're looking for.

Douglas.Curtis

But if you don't know how grow it right you lose the genetic peculiarities :I ve smoke my cut grown by friends totally different from the original in taste and smell,Like another genetic,when instead it's a clone
:laughing:
It's awesome to get a cut from someone who's grown it a lot, and hand them your finished flower from it. Unless I really mess up, they don't recognize it as 'their cut.' Oh, but they sure do like it. lol

Cannabologist

Veteran
STRAIN STRAIN STRAIN

This will affect what happens in your mouth and down your throat SO much more than anything. NOT how you grow it NOT organic or hydro NOT did I flush NOT did I dry cure right???

NO NO NO

Dry + cure will help SMELL and some flavor but more so to preserve it. It can change but usually not so much.

What I believe you are referring to is SMOOTHNESS of smoke... This is strain. Strain strain strain. Its (mostly) all in that clone/seed.

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
How you grow and dry and cure cannabis flowers has a massive impact on flavour and effect.

Imo you cant make crap grown weed much better through drying and curing but you can make great weed shit by drying and fermenting it wrong.

Healthier plants cut at the right time dried in a well oxygenated cold area will provide the best taste and high imo.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I’m so super sick of reading “nothing tastes as good as organic”

That’s bullshit.

Stop spreading misinformation to support your personal preferred growing method.

Hear, hear!

LOL at all the guys that think their chem weed is fire and that THEY are in control and growing the plant.

Anyone who thinks organic flowers aren't superior just hasn't had good organic flowers. There are hacks growing every which way imaginable. Just because someone says it's organic doesn't mean it's good weed.

With organic process you have a billion of residues...

This one though...this one is a real knee slapper. Seriously. How do you spend 5+ years on IC and never once learn about senescence?

Oh and let's forget the fact that you ABSOLUTELY CAN force a plant to stop feeding in soil if you just stop watering it.

You OBVIOUSLY don't understand organic soil or how it works or for that matter how a cannabis plant grows naturally on it's own, when allowed to do so.

It makes it nearly impossible to take your opinion seriously or give it any merit.

---------------------------

NOW THEN - PUT UP OR SHUT UP...;)

IC Cup 2020 - what's the wager going to be? Your best against my best. Bring it.

dank.Frank

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
LOL at all the guys that think their chem weed is fire and that THEY are in control and growing the plant.

Anyone who thinks organic flowers aren't superior just hasn't had good organic flowers. There are hacks growing every which way imaginable. Just because someone says it's organic doesn't mean it's good weed.

This one though...this one is a real knee slapper. Seriously. How do you spend 5+ years on IC and never once learn about senescence?

Oh and let's forget the fact that you ABSOLUTELY CAN force a plant to stop feeding in soil if you just stop watering it.

You OBVIOUSLY don't understand organic soil or how it works or for that matter how a cannabis plant grows naturally on it's own, when allowed to do so.

It makes it nearly impossible to take your opinion seriously or give it any merit.

IC Cup 2020 - what's the wager going to be? Your best against my best. Bring it.

dank.Frank

hell yes

indabonga

Cannabis ****
Veteran

dank.Frank

Hello frank!.. If you don't feed water the ferts in the plant don't are washing:dark green leafs put nitrogen in your buds, with or without water.
Senescence stop the the biological process.. Plant is die.. You can give only a degradation of cannabinoles.. What you talk?
".. You have spend 5 years".. I've spend 25 years in overgrow first ic now and many others and many studies.. Your tone it's like a virgin full of shit, understand? Make a discussion, no bullshit poses...
Plants eat elements, in a organic process a plant eat the same element from a synthetic fertilizer, change the method of production and the residues... You like the weed with a bit of shit of horse? Of course, degustibus
Cheers Frank! ;)

Douglas.Curtis

STRAIN STRAIN STRAIN

This will affect what happens in your mouth and down your throat SO much more than anything. NOT how you grow it NOT organic or hydro NOT did I flush NOT did I dry cure right???

NO NO NO

Dry + cure will help SMELL and some flavor but more so to preserve it. It can change but usually not so much.

What I believe you are referring to is SMOOTHNESS of smoke... This is strain. Strain strain strain. Its (mostly) all in that clone/seed.
Wrong, wrong, WRONG!!

You're talking power genetics, which I already explained earlier are select strains which take abuse really well. Great for croppers and lower experienced growers.

ANY strain is going to smoke smooth when grown properly. Granted there are some gnarlly terpene combinations, but the base cool temp and smooth smoke is completely from how the plant is grown.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
\Your tone it's like a virgin full of shit, understand? Make a discussion, no bullshit poses...
;)

So, I take that as a, "No. I won't enter my flowers against yours at the 2020 IC Cup to see what the judges think is better cannabis."

I didn't think so.

My tone is one of factual based confidence. Nothing more. Like I said.

Put up or shut up. Afraid of a little contest??? :laughing: :joint: (I just want more people to enter the 2020 cup so it's epic.)

dank.Frank

Last edited: