What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

white necrosis on seedling tips coco dried too much?

doams

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

shes under one 15w led there is fan blowing at her and low RH looks like something with the roots maybe some root tips dried out or is it nute burn too?

doams

Magnesium deficiency or lockout. Overwatering, low temps? Poor air circulation and those funky looking stakes again. :)

btw that pic is two days after watering @5.7 with some calmags.
from now on will keep it at 6.2 and will lower micro a bit and will add calmag every time to the mix.. looks like this coco needs it a lot.

thx!

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
btw that pic is two days after watering @5.7 with some calmags.
from now on will keep it at 6.2 and will lower micro a bit and will add calmag every time to the mix.. looks like this coco needs it a lot.

thx!
What I would do immediately, is feed these plants some high P/K nutrient solution at 0.2 EC or even 0.4 EC. If this is straight coco, a pH of 6.0 throughout the grow is all you need to aim for.

The high P/K will put a large root system on the plants very quickly, which will solve a lot of issues (metabolic rate, resilience, or just nutrient absorption).

And a little epsom salt to deal with the magnesium issue.

Depending on your RH, straight coco doesn't need to be watered every day. Try every other day, or even 3 days if you can get away with it.

This will also help put a good root system on the plants.

doams

Flushed the pot with grow/micro/calmag @6.4 will let it dry for two days then next watering will be with a bit bloom nutes into the mix and some seaweeds
Shes now under 30w of leds

RH is better at least now it stay over 30 /it was around 20 all the time since start../ will try to stay between 6.0 and 6.2 from now on..

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
Flushed the pot with grow/micro/calmag @6.4 will let it dry for two days then next watering will be with a bit bloom nutes into the mix and some seaweeds
Shes now under 30w of leds

RH is better at least now it stay over 30 /it was around 20 all the time since start../ will try to stay between 6.0 and 6.2 from now on..
Ok, but I won't take any responsibility for the results that way.

The reason you need to flush with high P/K is because in this state, the plant isn't growing, so it's isn't going to take up many nutrients. Which means the nutrients you pour on, will just build up in the medium.

However... if you give the plant Phosphorus, that goes directly to building lots of roots. Which means the new roots can take up more nutrients, which reduces the build up of nutrients.

That's why the high P/K.

Also, a pH of 6.4 is more for late bloom, if that, and might cause non-mobile nutrient lockout (mainly trace elements). Most people start off with 5.8, however I've never seen the benefit of it. 6.0 is a nice and easy number, and works very well.

I really suggest you flush the plants again, with a high P/K flowering solution of 0.2 EC. I've tried and can vouch for: Plagron Green Sensation (0-9-10), Atami B'Cuzz (0-20-30), and Ripen (0-5-6). I'm sure Canna PK 13/14 would also work.

Cheers and let me know how it goes. :)

doams

Ok, but I won't take any responsibility for the results that way.

The reason you need to flush with high P/K is because in this state, the plant isn't growing, so it's isn't going to take up many nutrients. Which means the nutrients you pour on, will just build up in the medium.

However... if you give the plant Phosphorus, that goes directly to building lots of roots. Which means the new roots can take up more nutrients, which reduces the build up of nutrients.

That's why the high P/K.

Also, a pH of 6.4 is more for late bloom, if that, and might cause non-mobile nutrient lockout (mainly trace elements). Most people start off with 5.8, however I've never seen the benefit of it. 6.0 is a nice and easy number, and works very well.

I really suggest you flush the plants again, with a high P/K flowering solution of 0.2 EC. I've tried and can vouch for: Plagron Green Sensation (0-9-10), Atami B'Cuzz (0-20-30), and Ripen (0-5-6). I'm sure Canna PK 13/14 would also work.

Cheers and let me know how it goes. :)

Ive checked on her 24h later after the flush and she looks back on track new growth is fine that second 15w led bulb is doing wonders :D
yes will flush 2nd time with blooms as suggested never heard about high pk affecting roots good to know!

Thx again you guys are the best!

TanzanianMagic saved the day :woohoo:

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
Ive checked on her 24h later after the flush and she looks back on track new growth is fine that second 15w led bulb is doing wonders :D
yes will flush 2nd time with blooms as suggested never heard about high pk affecting roots good to know!

Thx again you guys are the best!

TanzanianMagic saved the day :woohoo:
That's great to hear, and one for my resume. :)

Cheers

Latest posts

Latest posts