What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nanners, due to minimal timer changes??

TnTLabs

so wanted to get some feedback from guys who are running bigger setups...
let me try and explain my issues: im not a big fan of them as its way cheaper to DIY, but in one spot we have these timer boxes, 6-8 lights per box, with a timer on the front...
from a electrical point of view, its advisable to have a minute or so in between ignition of each box.. to not overload the power lines, as the ignition of the bulbs pulls the most current... i understand that...
but would that time difference if its lets say under 5 minutes cause stress to the plants??
also if for example i want to spray a room and do so 10min before the room would fire up, by switching on the box with the lights dimmed, would this cause stress as they would have normally been woken up 10 min later....
or for example if i finish some chores and turn off the lights 20min later? would this cause problems for the ladys time cycle??
also would dimming cause stress?
i know the plants need about 10-15min to induce sleep and a minimum of 10hrs to stay in flower, so i always presumed it wouldnt be a big problem to do as i do
sure, a lot is strain dependent, but we are seeing a few nanners here and there on some new crosses and i have cancelled out all other variables (i think)...
i have always had a plant here and there throw a few nanners, but nothing major and not really noticeable.. i thought it to be the plant... but maybe its grower error??!
in nature they never get exactly 12hrs and each day is shorter / longer, but sure we are in a controlled environment and the plants adapt..
i guess most will say leave the timer alone and just work in that time frame... easier said then done.. but thats more or less the only thing i can place that could be causing the problems
many thanks in advance

brookie

I have a friend that manually removes and replaces plants at 12 hr intervals and keeps lights on 24hrs. He is never on time with his switch. sometimes he is off by an hour or more. He never has any bananas. I think the most important thing to keep from getting bananas is genetics. Female seeds and weak plants . I am doing my first run ever of femmed beans. This will also be my last run of female beans lol.

I see you used to breed for HSO. I got a whole plantation full of bananas from their blue dream .

TnTLabs

very interesting!! and glad to hear that...
in nature each day length is different... i also dont think that this could be the issue...
there are soo many variables.. but at the end of the day sure, its genetics.. there are more stable and many unstable strains around...
its a pain.... but im not giving up, im still on the mission to keep on searching for the rock solid genetics...

sorry to hear that about their Blue Dream...
:dunno::confused::noway:

Bush Dr

Painting the picture of Dorian Gray
Veteran
Why not simply spray then switch the fans on for 20 minutes?

No that pissing about with the lights won't cause a problem

I have a friend that manually removes and replaces plants at 12 hr intervals and keeps lights on 24hrs. He is never on time with his switch. sometimes he is off by an hour or more. He never has any bananas. I think the most important thing to keep from getting bananas is genetics. Female seeds and weak plants . I am doing my first run ever of femmed beans. This will also be my last run of female beans lol.

I see you used to breed for HSO. I got a whole plantation full of bananas from their blue dream .

Lmao your friend sounds exactly like me I've had even more wild swings then that and never had any girls go Brutlyn Jenner on me. Genetics probably play the biggest role though with severe stress I imagine you can still get nanners I've just never had it happen myself. Was blessed with broad mites though recently and will be dry for 4-5 months cause of the lil shit gibbons.

very interesting!! and glad to hear that...
in nature each day length is different... i also dont think that this could be the issue...
there are soo many variables.. but at the end of the day sure, its genetics.. there are more stable and many unstable strains around...
its a pain.... but im not giving up, im still on the mission to keep on searching for the rock solid genetics...

sorry to hear that about their Blue Dream...
:dunno::confused::noway:

I think most hermes plants come from feminized seeds and strains that get crossed with them. Don't know that for sure though just a guess since they are made by hermaphroditic pollen.

Latest posts

Latest posts