What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Grow room glasses

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
420giveaway
Does anyone use grow room glasses... my eyes are getting worse so now I think its time to start looking into them.. maybe to late but still.. maybes not .. appreciate someone to chime in who actually uses them now... as I'm thinking about buying a pair but don't know which ones is good and which ones is not so good..:tiphat:

troutman

Seed Whore
Using safety glasses to protect your eyes from any bright light is wise.

For the longest time, I was using polarized fishing sunglasses.

Not sure if they are the best. But they are better than nothing. :tiphat:

In Australia, all sunglasses sold must block 100% of the UV light (below 400nm). So a $2 pair is just as good as a $500 pair.

Last edited:

Drop That Sound

I got the cheap apollo ones off amazon.com that fit over prescription glasses. I don't wear glasses (though I should) but I like that they wrap around and block the side too.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
420giveaway
I just bought the VivoSun brand on eBay for about $15. I have not received them yet. I'm not expecting much but I just went LED and that "burple" color drives me nuts.

I am going to trade up to one of the LEDs that look white to the eye (and the camera, which is a nice plus if you take pics of your grow).

DTS, how are the Appolo ones. Do they actually negate some of the burple color?

Drop That Sound

I just bought the VivoSun brand on eBay for about $15. I have not received them yet. I'm not expecting much but I just went LED and that "burple" color drives me nuts.

I am going to trade up to one of the LEDs that look white to the eye (and the camera, which is a nice plus if you take pics of your grow).

DTS, how are the Appolo ones. Do they actually negate some of the burple color?

Ringo, i'm not too sure about the LED ones, I got the HPS/MH blue lens version... Honestly I hardly use them unless i'm on my back defo'ing under scrog nets, having to look up. But then again I could just shut down the HIDs and go in with a head or work lamp...

I have been playing with LED more recently, I'm more concerned with them as far as eye health. Even the 8-15 watt screw in LED bulbs by themselves bother me worse than a 1000HPS..

I'll probably pick up a cheap pair of the LED ones too just to be on the safe..

Latest posts

Latest posts