What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Greenleaf Megacrop

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
Good to have you here GLN! I bought the big sack and plan to switch from V+B one part nutes in a few weeks. I'll post up how it goes. I mixed up one gal of yours to test ph and see how much it takes to get to 1.3ec. one tsp per gal is right on to get there.

BillFarthing

Veteran
This should be used with a higher p&k in bloom. It's just too much nitrogen for flower. That's not to say your crop won't look great, but there's no need for so much N, the plant isn't going to use all of that and in a recirculating system you'll end up with an over abundance of N depending on how often you dump and refill. DTW setups would see better results since you're always feeding a fresh batch of nutes. MG does look like a good value but I'd recommend buying a 5 pound bag of MKP for a p&k boost after a couple weeks of 12/12.

You guys are making a 1-part nutrient way too hard. Too much potassium is going to lock out magnesium with the NPK values given here. Just run 100 ppm Nitrogen dosage in veg. Run 125 ppm in flower. Don't go over 150 ppm N.

Strange, I found myself reaching for a bottle of CalMag with 0 PPM water. Or adding back CaCO3 using Olympus Up till pH was 5.8-6.2. I've been trying these nutes for a few weeks, and my jury is not convinced. I believe the previous 25lbs of powder I bought might work a tad better and it balances my tap water for a total Ca of 150ppm without adding CalMag.

Ah.. Well, I've been adding Urb Natural which has a high-power 12% Humic from Humalite. These two do not mix? The owner of greenleaf didn't seem to want to talk me out of using fulvic/humic but said it was doubling up on chelation which greenleaf already had. I've had such good results with Urb I do not want to stop using it at all. Urb/GrowMore Kelp 5:2 = Best looking plants I've had.

I haven't had any issues with RO water, but you can always add back 50 ppm or so with Cal-Mag. Humic and chitosan are incompatible and will probably cause precipitation.

You guys are making a 1-part nutrient way too hard. Too much potassium is going to lock out magnesium with the NPK values given here. Just run 100 ppm Nitrogen dosage in veg. Run 125 ppm in flower. Don't go over 150 ppm N.

I haven't had any issues with RO water, but you can always add back 50 ppm or so with Cal-Mag. Humic and chitosan are incompatible and will probably cause precipitation.

If anyone wants to run a pure elemental PPM test scenario, you can use the Feeding Calculator here, on the send tab option there is a PPM option
https://greenleafnutrients.com/feeding-chart/

Keep in mind, this is elemental PPM, not metered PPM, so approx 3.8 grams per Gallon would give 100ppm Nitrogen combined (not including small amount of nitrogen contribution from the included organics)

Pro Headies

Veteran
I have the sample pack of MC to try for a little over a month now. I used it on just 1 plant that I've ran for 11 years. I'm only in veg still with it but I can tell it's healthier then vegbloom and maxigrow in veg stage. Only feeding at 1.0ec/500ppm now but will probably hit 1.5ec going into bloom. Thicker base stem, more branches, and all around nicer color and shine to leafs. Once I get her into bloom and the MC proves itself over the dirty formula vegbloom I've ran for years then goodbye high priced vegbloom.

What EC does 3.8 grams produce?

We do not have an official exact EC calculator setup yet. The elemental PPM and also the organics and other additives will all contribute to the total EC of the solution.

Estimates is something like 5 grams per gallon will give 1.4 EC, so that would be each 1 gram contributes 0.28 EC per Gallon as a ballpark.

Also, maybe some people have heard about MEGA CROP, are on the fence about buying it or trying it? We are offering a special promotion now on another site for FREE MEGA CROP, you can order 1000g size free from the website with code:
AFN

link to order https://greenleafnutrients.com/product/mega-crop/

just wanted to update anyone, we are doing a 4-20 :canabis: special and extending out this 1000g free offer to anyone. So it had expired a few days ago, but we are keeping it alive until 4-20 in case anyone wants to try it and wasn't able to or got an expired messages in the past few days! :woohoo:

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've been on a quest to find a powdered soluble fertilizer with biostimulants included. I have used several including Veg+Bloom and One Way To Grow. I am finishing up a run with Greenleaf Megacrop, which turned out very well.

Yes, they are the guys that used to sell Advanced copycat nutes for cheaper. Don't let that fool you, this stuff is good. It has aminos, silica, B-vitamins, chitosan, kelp, enzymes and an NPK that is suitable from start to finish.

The drawbacks I can think of are not using humics, which don't play well with chitosan/silica in this fertilizer. It is also hard to balance the proper ppm of N in flower. They put up a calculator on their website to help with that.

I personally tried it and will be using it as my base fertilizer. Has anyone else tried this stuff?

(Corrected): Humic is no bueno in hydro. You would want fulvic

Stinkhorn123

I’ve been on the Megacrop about a month now in a coco dtw set up. Things are looking great and much better than my veg plants ever did while on the V&B. I do have to use some PH down with it though where as with V&B things always settled at 5.8 with my 70 ppm tap water. I’ve been feeding @ 1.4 EC after adjusting my tap to .2 ec w/epsoms. Should I be concerned about MC’s high N in flower or should I just go with it? I’ve really had great results with V&B in flower and originally planned on using MC strictly in veg and flowering with V&B but the plants look so good I’m questioning myself now.

chronosync

Well-stoned member
I’ve been on the Megacrop about a month now in a coco dtw set up. Things are looking great and much better than my veg plants ever did while on the V&B. I do have to use some PH down with it though where as with V&B things always settled at 5.8 with my 70 ppm tap water. I’ve been feeding @ 1.4 EC after adjusting my tap to .2 ec w/epsoms. Should I be concerned about MC’s high N in flower or should I just go with it? I’ve really had great results with V&B in flower and originally planned on using MC strictly in veg and flowering with V&B but the plants look so good I’m questioning myself now.

ditto, very close to my boat

chronosync

Well-stoned member
Although I plan on using Mega all the way through, I got the Red Line and Sweet Candy I just dont know what to with them exactly. Everything is going great with just base I dont want to wreck a good thing.

I'm feeding super low and they look so damn green its great but Im down to 300 - 400 ppms (0.6-0.8ec) with 75ppm starting water.
going into week 6 now so now would be the time to give some PK, if im gonna, right?

wanted to add: its a micro grow, coco dtw, 22oz cups ... not growing trees

BillFarthing

Veteran
I'm feeding super low and they look so damn green its great but Im down to 300 - 400 ppms (0.6-0.8ec) with 75ppm starting water.
going into week 6 now so now would be the time to give some PK, if im gonna, right?

With an 8 week strain, I hit them at week 6 with a PK booster. 2 weeks of flush and it will be oh so smooth by the time it's done.

chronosync

Well-stoned member
Thanks for the tip!

So far my mix looks like:
75ppm source water
75ppm Red Line
75ppm Sweet Candy
175ppm Mega Crop
1/8 tsp Greenleaf Algae extract

400ppm/0.8ec

BillFarthing

Veteran
Here are some interesting specs on Megacrop:

NPK ratio: 2-1-3 is typically used for maturing tomatoes, maximizing bloom output with that ratio. If you bump up K with something like potassium silicate or a bloom booster, it throws the ratio off and you may get a magnesium deficiency.

NO3-:NH4+ ratio: 25:1- The most stable nutrient pH is ~9:1 (Trelease, S.F and Trelease, H.M., 1935, Science 78:438-439) The pH will probably drift up after a few days with Megacrop, but that's normal for hydroponics.

Ca:Mg- 3.4:1- Megacrop is probably suitable for coco at that ratio. Botanicare Cal-Mag Plus is 2:1, which is suitable for hydroculture. 2% magnesium might be a little low, but may be sufficient with chelators.

Si is 1.32 ppm at 455 ppm. If you like strong stems, you may want to invest in monosilicic acid with Megacrop.

Chitosan is one of my favorite biostimulants. When I contacted GLN to ask how much was in it, they said "not much".

Overall, I think it's a great all purpose nutrient for the price.

Latest posts

Latest posts