What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Funk Lab

TDK

Veteran
Let's get darker here... Peyote showing off! Loving the aromatic terpenes, soapy but still with that common earthy/cocoa/coffee background from the Bubbas.

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

looks very good.
I put again few Peyote x OG ´s under the sun...

Any Pics from [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Bubba Kush F2 girls?
Found Males?
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Good that you make that Thread.
I would come more time´s to look at it.

regards
:tiphat:
[/FONT]

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Hi Mustafunk

...You must think I've let myself into the dark side with all this commercial hybrids...

Not anymore than I have. I have at least 5 different kinds of Kush/Chemdawg lineage strains: Headband; Tahoe OG; Sour Diesel; Blue Dream x Headband; Fruity Pebbles, and I'll be doing some crosses with them.

I just had an excavator rework my little fenced in garden area into three 12 foot wide rows and had 72 yards of compost hauled in to cover the area. Hehe... I'm hoping for a big year. My biggest seedlings are 4 or 5 inches tall already.

I'm trying to straddle the "modern" temperate strains, really indica x sativa hybrids, with the old school sativas (backcrosses to the tropical). Everyone loved the Fruity Pebbles I tested last summer, for the flavor, but the hands down favorite was the strain that I've been working for decades and was last crossed to Burmese with the somewhat S.E. Asian effects. The only complaints I had about it was that if you didn't get off your ass off the couch and do something, it made you anxious. LOL! To think I almost let that line go due to my over zealous dedication to the search for old school tropical lines.

Remember my 50% Burmese? It also had Skunk #1 in it and other pretty good non couch lock strains. My only regret was introducing the Purple Bud strain that was really couch lock. In my defense, it was also the best tasting bud I ever grew. It was like smoking honey oil. After several generations since the dark side cross, it is finally throwing out some energetic and up chemotypes again. Thank you Burmese:

picture.php

picture.php

Many friends love this kind of gear but my true love is still 100% with landraces though. To be honest I get too lazy and sleepy when I'm smoking this kind of potent hybrids but the terpenes are just another level of dankness.

A few years ago I've decided to focus full time on keeping documenting and preserving heirlooms, I'm already too involved to give up! I've been digging the crates lately and there are loads of seeds in need that I don't want to see dissapearing. The outdoor season is about to start and there are exciting plans going on preservation wise, mostly tropicals but some old hashplants too! ; )

Glad to hear you are still doing preservation work. The Angolese looks awesome, and the others sound great.

I've chosen to focus on African genetics though, because coincidence or not, I love smoking them and they were all around me during this last few years, so my collection has been growing since then. I feel they are part of our cannabis history here in Spain. They have the high I love while being quite stable sex wise and a bit faster than extreme "late Xmas landraces" as the Thais, Cambodians, Indonesians, Colombians or the Zamals. You need half a year only to test them and it's just crazy!

You and our other Spanish friends have opened up my eyes to the beauty of the African strains, starting with Bangi Haze, but also Zamaldelica.

This year I'm trying Ciskei and Queen Mother outdoors. I know I am pushing the limits with respect to ripening time, but I love those energetic and psychoactive African effects also because they are more like the Thai, Mexican, and Jamaican of my childhood than the indica sativa hybrids that are so common today.

All the Best with your Endeavors,

ThaiBliss

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
You and our other Spanish friends have opened up my eyes to the beauty of the African strains, starting with Bangi Haze, but also Zamaldelica.

This year I'm trying Ciskei and Queen Mother outdoors. I know I am pushing the limits with respect to ripening time, but I love those energetic and psychoactive African effects also because they are more like the Thai, Mexican, and Jamaican of my childhood than the indica sativa hybrids that are so common today.

Indeed bro! I don't think BH is a good representation of an african strain because of the dutch genes on her but there's definitely a lot to explore.

I'm sure you won't be dissapointed with Ciskei Bushman strain from Herbaria or the Queen Mother. I love long flowering satties too but they are super demanding! lol.

This are some pics of the Gambian/Senegalese strain, tested indoors by another landrace lover bro (2st4this):

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

They look super wild! My senegalese friend is from the coastal city of Mbour, where he's based at the moment. I suggested him to come down south along the coast until the Gambia river delt, at the southern side you can find Casamance area, where you can find lots of local ganja farmers outside the big cities. Hopefully he'll score some good material to bring a nice selection of bagseeds. ;-)

Two more pics from another Chem D/Sour Diesel plant I've been testing for the dank lovers:

picture.php

picture.php

Peace.

P.S: Enjoy the weekend guys!

[YOUTUBEIF]i2rByT541zk[/YOUTUBEIF]

[YOUTUBEIF]C-U04wFe_8Q[/YOUTUBEIF]

Roms

Veteran
Hey what a Funky nice place! Full Vibes! :biggrin:
May your dreams come true amigo!

Paz

[youtubeif]KXhGHXIpeD4[/youtubeif]

Last edited:

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
It's getting a bit sticky here... she looks like a keeper for sure, let's see how she smokes though. :D

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Peace.

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi everyone :tiphat:

musta,
here´s the Moño Rojo x Destroyer hybrid grown outdoors :)

Great thread thx you all :tiphat:

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Hi everyone

musta,
here´s the Moño Rojo x Destroyer hybrid grown outdoors

Great thread thx you all

Hey bro!

Sweet looking golden spear... I still remember the lovely smell from your guerrilla grown Moño Rojo Colombian! I bet you are having fun too with all those nice sativas you had the past season! How did 20Thai's seeds ended? They looked like alligator tails for sure.

Remember about this memorable meet up my friend? Epic buffet table! lol.

picture.php

A few more pictures, time for a legendary hashplant that changed the history as much as other strains as the Skunk#1, Haze or Blueberry. This is a beautiful Northern Lights getting purple with the low temps. Cabbage style! It came from Reeferman stock but I think originally it could be NL#5/NL#1.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Love getting high as a kite and listening to good old and mellow jazzy tunes! What would the jazz have been without the reefers and funky tea parties?

[YOUTUBEIF]PHdU5sHigYQ[/YOUTUBEIF]

[YOUTUBEIF]eJEenumn6X8[/YOUTUBEIF]

Vibes! ; )

3rd-3yed

Veteran
Tagged ! Angolese Diamba, Gambian, Chem Sour, Cherry Pie OG & Northern Light# 5 are my fav, great bag appeal ! Bravo !

Did the Northern light is from Bodhi Stock?

Much Vibes

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Did the Northern light is from Bodhi Stock?

Hi! Actuall nope, it was selected from older Reeferman stock, who got them via Nevil as far as I know! ; )

Some more flicks, this time the model was a classic diesel cut... not sure if I prefer the Sour D or this one, a bit more chemmy and less citric. I'm naturally more inclined towards fruity and sweet strains though, but she's very photogenic and fun to grow, that's for sure!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

3rd-3yed

Veteran
Hi! Actuall nope, it was selected from older Reeferman stock, who got them via Nevil as far as I know! ; )

Nice keeper ! I only grew a cut of Sensi Northern light (nl#5 x nl#2) from 95', but it was a little to Sativa for my taste, yours look much more like the classic afghani structure.

Sure you have skills in potography & I know since a long time ago that you're a fine connoisseur too, I like to see you posting & showing what you're growing, keep me in the right mood to always do my best ;)

Peace

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Some flowers right before their harvest... Lilly, the Spanish C99 (that's what I tell to my friends because of the smell, earliness, resin and overall effect)!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

[YOUTUBEIF]-BP1_1DpeBE[/YOUTUBEIF]

Vibes.:tiphat:

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Beautiful! Could you compare the highs of lilly and queen mother for us?

Sure, they are quite similar... they share some parents as far as I know (the compact congolese). But QM, being a bit later flowering sattie, has some more energetic or even trippy phenos to be found from my experience. If you smoke too much though, both will get you stoned as shit. :D

Lilly is energetic but more balanced overall, warmer effect if you know what I mean. I've recently been told about some nice energetic Lillies though. Also smells straight pinneaple while QM tends to resemble more to guava, mango or grape.

Problem with both is that they are very homogeneous and worked, so unless you grow F2 or hybrids you won't find lots of pheno variations.

Peace.:tiphat:

ValleyKush

Veteran
Thanks Mustafunk! Just popped some qm and am super excited to see her for myself. Your post(s) a while back in the delicatessen thread were my inspiration to try them out so thanks for that too.