What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Making bubble hash

grayeyes

I am not far off from harvesting several plants. I want to use the trim to make bubble hash. Do I need to dry and cure it before I put it in bags with dry ice?

Does anyone make bubble hash from trim?

Thanks

Blu3Kush

No you can just put into a freezer bag or air tight container right after trimming and freeze it. I have not tried it that way cus i hang my plants whole to dry for a couple days before I trim but I've heard people who run fresh frozen trim say they get a better tasting hash.

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
I always put my trim in Ziplock freezer bags and then in the freezer for a few days (or until whenever I get around to it) before running bubble hash with it.

Have never used dry ice through.

Blu3Kush

Sorry I didn't see that part where you said DRY ICE I thought you were talking about with water and ice. If your using dry ice you are gonna need to dry it up or the moisture is just gonna couse everything to stick together

NUGneighbor

Hey what's up Grayeyes ? In my opinion anytime someone makes a extract they should use fresh frozen. The taste is so much better. As for dry ice hash, use fresh frozen. I have made D.I.H. at least a hundred times with product from my own grows and never had any problems with the product sticking together. And never heard of anyone having that problem. ONE time a friend gave me a few pounds of dry product to make D.I.H for him. And the taste just was not there. Plus it had a lot more plant matter in it But this is just my opinion. It's up to you what you do. Good luck on what ever you decide. Take care and stay HIGH........................................................................................................

soil margin

Veteran
In my experience with dry ice bubble hash, the best mixture of yield and quality is going to come from fresh trim that is well dried. You don't want to be trying to extract resin from wet trim because it makes the process more difficult and time consuming (and also gives a lower yield IME), but you also don't want old trim so dried out and crispy that terpenes or cannabinoids have degraded.

I think a good basic rule of thumb for the trim would be dry enough to smoke, but fresh enough to still smell nice when you open the bag.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
I recently pulled a couple plants, trimmed them and put them immediately in the freezer (in a plastic bag).

A week later when I took them out, the moisture in the plants had frozen (duh) and when it melted, it made a dripping wet horrible mess. I tried sifting but I got almost nothing. It was soaking wet.

In previous times doing the same thing, I never had a problem. I believe in the past, I let it dry for a couple days rather than right from the vine to the freezer.

After a couple days, this batch was still soaking wet so to avoid the chance of mold, I put it in the oven to dry it a little and then let it air dry the rest.

Right now, it is in the freezer again so I will shake it tomorrow and find out if it is any good.

In previous attempts, the resulting rosin was awesome. Very tasty and it pressed into hash with no heat other than the heat from my hands. I could put some into my quartz bowl vape and it melts down to rosin almost instantly.

I agree fresh-frozen is the way to go.... once I figure out how to do it right. LOL

jjonahjameson

I dry it for a week or two, ziploc and freeze until I’m ready. In this case, 9 months.
I think your hash will be better served dried and cured a bit before doing a bubble run. Solely my opinion. Good luck.

Apollo11 120u,90,73,45,25 grades

Attachments

• 44F4C9EA-2965-485B-9155-D5AF5EE50463.jpg
    44F4C9EA-2965-485B-9155-D5AF5EE50463.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 41

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
A couple pics of my bubble:

picture.php

picture.php

I like to jar my buds/trim for a few weeks before I make the