What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dosidos hybrids herm issues

browntrout

Veteran
Growing some Dosidos x FPOG, Dosidos x PK & Dosidos x GG#4. All regular seeds. Dosidos #22 form Archive regular was used as the male from what I understand.

All have gotten some male flowers in the small buds close to the bottom.

Is this consistent with cookie/dosidos types? I've never grown any indoors before.

None of my other strains have any male flowers.

Are these flowers typically sterile in the Dosidos lines?

BT

Scrappy-doo

All cookie hybrid lines have potential for these issues. I ran dosidos #9 f2's and all of them did the same thing. IME they are often live so pluck them or expect some seeds.

browntrout

Veteran
All cookie hybrid lines have potential for these issues. I ran dosidos #9 f2's and all of them did the same thing. IME they are often live so pluck them or expect some seeds.

That's what I did today. I found 3-4 that had already sprung... I cut everything that wasn't a top basically. Hoping for no recurrence.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've seen quite a few of these reports about Archive Seeds, Dosidos crosses.

I'd guess that the male Dosidos they used was actually a tranny.

Cannavore

Veteran
early low balls are usually gone by the clone run. early bananas, late balls, late bananas are the unsalvagable ones IMO.

there is a disclaimer that there might be intersex issues in the dosidos line due to the ogkb parental. you can find this on the archive site. ofcourse it sucks when you get herms but like others said, comes with the territory. I can accept this and always keep it in mind when looking to potentially purchase cookie genes.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I had a couple of nice Dosidos1 from realgorillaseeds that i ran outdoors and they done ok. The 2 I had grew into nice plants kinda like a skunk 1 or something kinda xmas tree branchy like. I really like that type of plant!!! No hermis

I ran out some dosidos f3 from seed that was made from the f2 #22. All the females (7) had early balls when flipped into flower, but they grew out of it and didn't end up having any hermie problems at the end. Definitely sketched me out from the line though.