What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Thin mint pheno in dwc

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Yeah i know what you mean pal but different enviroments can bring out different traits... humidity
.. light colour frequency... the method of growing .. temps.. can have an effect on the plants expression..
Correct.

Anyone have the skinny on what type of lighting, media and grow style Thin Mint was bred under? This environment is where it will produce what it was initially passed around for. Main reason so many "Oh this cut is awesome," have turned out less than stellar when shared. :tiphat:

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
Correct.

Anyone have the skinny on what type of lighting, media and grow style Thin Mint was bred under? This environment is where it will produce what it was initially passed around for. Main reason so many "Oh this cut is awesome," have turned out less than stellar when shared. :tiphat:

not really pal cause she can resort back to any type of growth pattern when she hits a specific enviroment...

i had the chem d clone and she expressed differently in 2 different grow rooms.. 1 was grown mainly with led and 1 with mainly hps... both end results where the same but the buds foxtailed harder under l.e.d ..

This was chem d clone under led

ZGGPQ4v.jpg

NUOm0bZ.jpg

Compared to mainly hps buds

hSAeR8F.jpg

1iKa1gJ.jpg

Depending how she is looked after will depend how she grows...

Guy Brush

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah i know what you mean pal but different enviroments can bring out different traits... humidity
.. light colour frequency... the method of growing .. temps.. can have an effect on the plants expression..

You're right.

mack 10

Veteran
not really pal cause she can resort back to any type of growth pattern when she hits a specific enviroment...

i had the chem d clone and she expressed differently in 2 different grow rooms.. 1 was grown mainly with led and 1 with mainly hps... both end results where the same but the buds foxtailed harder under l.e.d ..

This was chem d clone under led

View Image

View Image

Compared to mainly hps buds

View Image

View Image

Depending how she is looked after will depend how she grows...

That's a crazy chem d.
Amazing what diff spectrums can do.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training

Apparently I was not clear in what I meant. I've spent over 15 years on the forums and there's a definite difference in output based on growing conditions. If there weren't, everyone entering a competition with the same cut would have the same score, same terp profile, same cannabinoid ratios and on and on. This is *definitely* not the case. ;)

A breeding project done under led's with organics is going to perform differently under the sun, or HPS or MH and with refined mineral nutriens or a different NPK profile. The same goes for the temp and RH and amendment regimen.

No offense but, huge photos aside, your specific example holds zero weight for anything but those specific genetics.

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
Apparently I was not clear in what I meant. I've spent over 15 years on the forums and there's a definite difference in output based on growing conditions. If there weren't, everyone entering a competition with the same cut would have the same score, same terp profile, same cannabinoid ratios and on and on. This is *definitely* not the case. ;)

A breeding project done under led's with organics is going to perform differently under the sun, or HPS or MH and with refined mineral nutriens or a different NPK profile. The same goes for the temp and RH and amendment regimen.

No offense but, huge photos aside, your specific example holds zero weight for anything but those specific genetics.

a clone is a clone is a clone pal it carries the same set of genetics no matter what.... a grow room is a graphic equalizer.. depending on my input i can change certain factors but the truth remains is the clone will always carry the same set no matter where she goes...

if a plant mutates in 1 direction under certain condition it doesnt meant it cant revert back under another set of conditions...

I have the exodus cheese and amnesia core cut that are over 25 years old... they both still as strong today as the day the 1st seed popped... ?

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
Day 12 ... 12/12..

She didnt stretch as bad as i thought she would.. probably doubled but she's fruiting up already..

She has a typical shitty og structure in terms of stems.. their just so flimsy.. can see the same effects in my bruce banner#3 which is og dom..

This is my 1st time flowering this lady..

JVjQ8hp.jpg

rNY3ZwV.jpg

crjOVCZ.jpg

9KioBtH.jpg

b25HuSw.jpg

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
Day 28 12/12 just starting week 4 today..

Apparantly this is the jigga cut.. thin mint pheno..

40iQiKV.jpg

97J2q9c.jpg

hzufTJH.jpg

0Kdy1pz.jpg

cik6Hb6.jpg

Guy Brush

ICMag Donor
Veteran
You've been definitely robbed...This looks so different from any real Cookie plant I’ve seen. Just search this forum for Thin Mint and you will see!

Blazeee

Veteran
You've been definitely robbed...This looks so different from any real Cookie plant I’ve seen. Just search this forum for Thin Mint and you will see!

I have the same cut as skotty. I have ran her and she has a very similar growth structure and terp profile to other cookie hybrids that i have ran.

I dont have any pics of her that i have grown myself, however heres a couple pics of the same cut grown out by other members.

Care to share some pics of what you know as the proper thin mint cut with us?

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bfvtzu1h9a1

attachment.php

attachment.php

picture.php

Oliver Pantsoff

Veteran
I've been rockin the thin mint cut for many moons. Yours doesn't look like the thin mint cut, but it looks DANK!! Might be a cross or something. Hows the taste on the exhale?

OP

Blazeee

Veteran
Im terribly at describing tastes and smells, but she has a lovely taste on the exhale. Very similar to some other cookie crosses than i have ran.

Thats a shame that you guys dont think shes legit. She has been passed around over here as the 'jigga cut'. but ive never seen anyone over in the US running a cut with the same name. I think the guy that got her over here aint active on IC anymore, so not much luck getting any additional info from him.

Oliver Pantsoff

Veteran
Im terribly at describing tastes and smells, but she has a lovely taste on the exhale. Very similar to some other cookie crosses than i have ran.

Thats a shame that you guys dont think shes legit. She has been passed around over here as the 'jigga cut'. but ive never seen anyone over in the US running a cut with the same name. I think the guy that got her over here aint active on IC anymore, so not much luck getting any additional info from him.

Yeah, she most definitely cookies. I've seen the same plant grown in different conditions that look completely different, so it might be thin mints. Who cares tho, shits looking fire to me:D

OP

Guy Brush

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am a bit lazy that's why I said do a thread title search for "Thin mint". A few other respectable members are sharing their pics.

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
as stated above...

ive never been a cookies fan boy as im more into my skunks.. this was gifted to me in my last clone drop labled as the thin mint pheno...

after speaking to a few guys on here not including blazee its said to be the jigga cut..?

if anybody has the jigga cut and wants to post some pics to compare please feel free... this is my 1st time flowering this cut so i have no idea on the buds structure or taste or flowering time.. she has a baked cookie aroma in veg..

appreciate all the comments... :tiphat:

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
She is also an aggressive feeder but that might have something to do with the size of her roots which funnily enough have a minty aroma...

I dont use any stims or additives just straight npk and pk boost when the time is right

8FZwbjg.jpg

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
Week 8 12/12 currently on flushing duty..

The amount of yo-yo hangers ive got on her is pretty silly.. her frame is flimsy but her appetite is aggresive..

Next time i will multi-top her which should make her spread out sideways and create a more workable plant.. ideal for a screen cause she will double after switch giving plenty of time to train her and the screen will act as support..

eJ4q1Kr.jpg

lw36Cu4.jpg

bjddew0.jpg

H2JTe9Y.jpg

mOuOlOe.jpg