What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Northern California Outdoor - 400 Gallon Raised Beds

HellaFella420

Veteran
Quick question for you guys... For those that have grown in larger sized pots or beds, how much water are you giving them and how often? I'm watering 15 gallons 3 times a week. It doesn't seem like nearly enough however there have been zero signs of under watering. Again it still doesn't sound right

https://www.savantmag.com/best-soil-moisture-meters-reviews/

Snatch-up one of these puppies. They arent a yes/no answer or and end-all-be-all solution. But they will give you an idea vs last time you watered and especially to locate areas within your root zone where you could water some places more and other places less..

HellaFella420

Veteran
U should just do it now. Tying each branch might be tough. Trellis can be cheap if you buy it in the right place. You probably don't need the 3,200ft rolls. They have 250ft rolls for like 60$ in 5ft and 6.5ft.

I think you will be surprised when it puts on the weight

yuba got that hhhhhhhhhhhhhEAT!

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Better soil EC and Active water meter

Better soil EC and Active water meter

https://www.savantmag.com/best-soil-moisture-meters-reviews/

Snatch-up one of these puppies. They arent a yes/no answer or and end-all-be-all solution. But they will give you an idea vs last time you watered and especially to locate areas within your root zone where you could water some places more and other places less..

Sure looks like a bunch of garbage hellafella.

I would much prefer the Blue Labs Pulse meter. Hate the company but this soil meter really is the cat's meow. Does eat batteries but so far, 4 guys are using them and they all love them.

I have no affiliation with Blue Lab, just like to help growers not waste their money and get what they really need. This sure seems like a click through and a commission scheme to sell on amazon.

CrushnYuba

Slownickel is right. Those things are garbage. I have tried them all. They really actually do nothing. Like i have put one in a glass off water and It reads the same as dry sand. That cheapo type of meter Doesn't work.

If you want to know what your soil moisture is with a meter, you have to get a low tension tensiometer. Also anything That uses irometer watermarks aint bad, but i don't think they are as good. Don't forget, we use potting soil, not dirt.

Unless you want to buy a tensiometer, you should just stick your hand in there. Your plant should be using well over 10-15 gal per day. If it's a big container you will loose a bit of moisture to evaporation.

Latest posts

Latest posts