What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Just a stoned kitty with some LEDs

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
I switched from a 400 HPS to 171w LED for $99 from home depot. The results were swift and dramatic. I got so excited I went and bought another and doubled my growing space. I will never use those energy inefficient old timey technology HPS. This unit has a large footprint as far as light distribution goes. It is bright, very bright light. This is what I have been waiting years for. Very little heat given off. https://www.homedepot.com/p/Commerc...grated-LED-Linear-High-Bay-50232161/302456569

So how do the bud density and yields compare?

stevefrench

Thank you! I will try and update with more pictures soon. I’ve been busy and had some dental issues, but everything with the tent is fine.

All the Purple Candy Kush ladies are down and cured, and tasting great. Yield was around 60g so a bit lower than I would like but the quality is very good so I am happy. There is currently 2 Chem Dawg D x F13 and 4 Mikado Bx vegging. They are in 2 gallon fabric pots and have been topped a couple times. I attempted to take clones a couple days ago, not sure how well they will do but they look okay so far :chin:

stevefrench

So 2 of my clones are rooted (3 died lol) and I forgot to label which they were from, so I don't know if they are male or female haha, I'm mostly surprised they even rooted. The purple candy kush is down and tasting great. I'm quite happy with the terpinator, it seems better than the last round. I tore down and cleaned the tent after they came down, and now the Mikado bx and Chem Dawg D x F13 have been vegging in the tent for around 2 weeks. They got topped a couple times and LST'd a bit. I just flipped them to 12/12 last night after getting worried about how much they are going to stretch in flower haha.

Vad1CDn.jpg

Purple Candy Kush

biKOpUw.jpg

cfxK4js.jpg

ksWsCin.jpg

stevefrench

Looks like I have 4/6 as males, with one female of each Mikado Bx and Chemdawg D x F13. Sadly I think my test clones are both male haha. I will let them go a bit more but they seemed to sex quickly. Little disappointed as I’ve had a lot of males lately. The 2 confirmed females got a good amount of veg time and some training though and should fill out pretty good. Already planning my next round of course. I just purchased some feminized OGKZ and a couple other regulars I wanted like Romulan. I’m probably going to run more Purple Candy Kush (every seed seems to be female lol) and try and get some clones of that and the OGKZ to run more consistently. I’m still obsessed with seeds though and will be popping more for sure. I have some of the newer released Killer Queen and the F13 crosses that I would love to try.

stevefrench

At around day 18 of flowering. Both plants stretched about the same and got a bit closer to the light than I wanted but still okay. I had to tie the Mikado down a bit more to even it out, and may have to do the same with the Chemdawg D x F13. Temps have been a bit high as the weather here is warming up quite a bit. High was around 87 but seems to be staying around 80. I started a few more seeds too, some Williams Wonder x God and more Purple Candy Kush.

BRrqKpo.jpg

WepcJLv.jpg

Chem Dawg D x F13

Xl8lXug.jpg

HNkTwjo.jpg

Mikado Bx

stevefrench

Well I've been away for a bit and had some problems with slightly high temps and underwatering on the Mikado Bx. They both felt a bit of it but the Chemdawg D x F13 bounced back nicely, the Mikado Bx got a couple yellow leafs and lost a few, but its still doing okay. A bit yellow but I've been flushing for a week now anyways so I'm not entirely worried. They both look like they should yield decently. All the other babies are at around 5 nodes and just got topped, accept one Purple Candy Kush that topped itself already. These are just some random photos from the last weeks, in chronological order.

LZUDvn1.jpg

Mikado Bx

f4Lvh4e.jpg

Chemdawg D x F13

5ktkzKq.jpg

Mikado Bx

JVDRUKP.jpg

Chemdawg D x F13

ixF2jGa.jpg

stevefrench

They both started to get a bit floppy and needed support. Both of them are starting to smell pretty nicely, the Mikado Bx really reminds me of this stuff I had about 15+ years ago called "Golden Raz" that I havent ever seen again (Federation seed co is from my general area so I wouldn't be surprised if they were related lol) Its a bit sour and smells of raspberries. The Chemdawg D x F13 is smelling mostly of the chem side but a bit sweeter. These picture are from day 43.

hbukCrO.jpg

Chemdawg D x F13

0FfzICL.jpg

Mikado Bx

stevefrench

The Mikado Bx was looking done around 56 days, pistils were going red with no new white ones. Could have gone longer but I wanted it a bit early as I’m using it more for daytime smoke anyways. The ChemDawg D x F13 is taking a while though. It was claimed as a 7-8 week strain but I’m at 65 days now and thinking it could go another one or two at least haha. I have some Williams Wonder x God babies waiting to go in that are out growing their little seedling/veg home, so the Chem will have to come down. The babies need to veg maybe a week more in bigger pots before I will flower them or I would just squeeze them all in.

stevefrench

Well, after the harvest of the Mikado Bx and ChemDawg x F13, which came in at 22.1 for the Mikado and 48.7 on the ChemDawg x F13, I had an issue with aphids. I think they are aphids anyways. I’ve had the tent down for a couple weeks now. I had 2 Williams wonder x God and a Purple Candy Kush going but decided to chop them and throw them away and just clean everything and start over again. I was using some new organic top dress and think it may have attracted them, as I’ve had no problems with them before. I like it for ease of use but I’m not sure if I will use it again for flowering, I’m still on the fence. I started 2 OGKZ and 5 peanut butter Herijuana and a lone C99 x F13 that sprouted. I will try and clone the OGKZ because they are feminized. They are all now getting sprayed with a product called Method 1 PPS. It’s mostly rosemary oil and peppermint oil

Last edited:

stevefrench

I have one OGKZ, one C99 x F13 and 3 Peanut Butter Herijuana in the tent now, they are about 3 weeks old and will veg in 2 gallon pots for a bit more before they go into flower. I also have a second OGKZ I’m going try and veg more and clone. It has a much nicer structure than the first one and is more branchy. There is also 2 more Peanut Butter Herijuanas I’m not sure what to do with. I have a second 2x2 veg tent I’m just getting set up though so I should have a bit of room for them. I’ll get some pictures once the second tent is fully set up. Just waiting on a 4 inch in-line fan. I tried to run my new LED panel without any extraction just for fun, but it was around 90+ degrees.

Latest posts

Latest posts