What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What is the best jar for curing

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
My jar just fill it n ur done.... N mason jars r airtight kinda .... It don't matter it's all the same jar fish tank tote .....

Abby Normal

Hold on... there is a difference between storing and curing. If you are curing you have to let the buds "breathe" to remove the final moisture. So you need to "burp" your container from time to time. If storing you want to keep it air tight. Any sealable container will do, but most prefer mason jars. I know I do...

19041mystash_nov04.jpg

KONY

Veteran
Mason jars with one caveat; The lids need to be changed regularly, and never over tightened. I dunno why but stoners love doing this. Give someone a jar to check out, and they hand it back.... lid(gasket) is ruined because they think it makes it smell less or something to put it on tight...

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
So with (mason)lid for curing (so little air can go out?) and with tight air lock lid for longer storing?

The air is only going to get out of the mason jars if you open the lid. So mason jars for curing OR storage. Just don't open it unless necessary if you're storing.

I have a few of those jars with the hinge and theres nothing wrong with them but the price. Mason/Ball jars are cheap and everywhere.

H

Huckster79

A corn husk first... if u never have check out the thread on cob curing. I'm a first timer tin terms of trying it... I'm sold lock stock and barrel... the change in effect is superbly unbeleivable...

I have a few of those jars with the hinge and theres nothing wrong with them but the price. Mason/Ball jars are cheap and everywhere.

Yeah but in many articles they say to use only mason jars or air tight. So im intrested what is really better, cos for sure its not the same.

Sme pro growers use mason some air tight, and both schools say there way is better one.

So which one is and why.

(for curing)

Big-Narstie

Any clean glass jar is fine as long as you trim the leaf off and properly dry it b4 jarring your good. Store in correct environment. And if jarred properly dried burping is not needed and is in fact detrimental ime.

I use both you have posted my fav are the mason jars. But my best jar is old coffee jars for some reason they seem to cure buds better. Glass on glass jar/lid

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nothing wrong with either type jar you posted. Just be aware that the hinge top jars seals dry out & need replaced every year or two.