What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Revival of the REVIVAL of the ULTIMATE SATIVA THREAD a.k.a R.U.S.T II

Chi13

ICMag Donor
@EnjoyingLife, the Haitian side of Nanan Bouclou is supposed to be Haitian indica, not sativa. At least that was the original Southern Star Seeds description. I remember being surprise as I don't associate Haiti with indica's but that's what it said. Seed finder is not accurate on this one.

Last edited:

EnjoyingLife

@EnjoyingLife, the Haitian side of Nanan Bouclou is supposed to be Haitian indica, not sativa. At least that was the original Southern Star Seeds description. I remember being surprise as I don't associate Haiti with indica's but that's what it said. Seed finder is not accurate on this one.
Thanks for the quick response.
Have you tried nanan?
If so, thoughts?
I wish there was a site that was accurate dammit!

Chi13

ICMag Donor
Thanks for the quick response.
Have you tried nanan?
If so, thoughts?
I wish there was a site that was accurate dammit!
Yes, grew it some years ago and still have a pack and a half which I have been meaning to get around to. I do want to give them a go again, but keep buying or getting gifted new seeds, so on the back burner.

Only grew a few and liked what I think it is the PNG one best. I seem to remember a happy feel good high, but there are some also more hybrid looking ones that I think swing to the Haitian. These were also good but didn't like them as much. Sorry I can't be more helpful as it was some time ago. There's a thread in the Australian section of this site on Southern Star Seeds which some info on it. Best going to the last page and working back. Pic of one of my Haitian leaning phenos (I think) on p20 (I used to registered here as "hard rain").

Last edited:

EnjoyingLife

Yes, grew it some years ago and still have a pack and a half which I have been meaning to get around to.

Only grew a few and liked what I think it is the PNG one best. I seem to remember a happy feel good high, but there are some also more hybrid looking ones that I think swing to the Haitian. These were also good but didn't like them as much. Sorry I can't be more helpful as it was some time ago. There's a thread in the Australian section of this site on Southern Star Seeds which some info on it. Best going to the last page and working back. Pic of one of my Haitian leaning phenos (I think) on p20 (I used to registered here as "hard rain").
I tend to prefer sativas as indicas have the tendency to trigger my depression so I'm always looking for the skinniest leaves in anything I grow.
Happy feel good highs are some of the best especially when there's no ceiling.
I opened the link and went to the last page(now to remember to go backwards...) but will have to take a look over the coming weeks, between work and the holidays I'm not sure when I'll have free time. Plus it's my bedtime right now.
My other half and I don't have plans but idk my workload yet (changes daily) so hopefully sooner than later.
Thanks again!

Chi13

ICMag Donor
I tend to prefer sativas as indicas have the tendency to trigger my depression so I'm always looking for the skinniest leaves in anything I grow.
Happy feel good highs are some of the best especially when there's no ceiling.
I opened the link and went to the last page(now to remember to go backwards...) but will have to take a look over the coming weeks, between work and the holidays I'm not sure when I'll have free time. Plus it's my bedtime right now.
My other half and I don't have plans but idk my workload yet (changes daily) so hopefully sooner than later.
Thanks again!
They didn't smoke like an indica, nor did I detect anything in the high that was depressive. I definitely prefer a sativa high for most occasions.

EnjoyingLife

They didn't smoke like an indica, nor did I detect anything in the high that was depressive. I definitely prefer a sativa high for most occasions.
Good to know. I handle indica better than I once did and typically if it's lemony or another uplifting terp and I don't over indulge I'm good.
I think it's my brain chemistry...
Coke chills me out. I'll talk more but I'm able to sit still and focus way better on it than not.
However, it's not a great drug of choice =]
I've been diagnosed with a few things but mindset, diet, knowing what to look for before depression or mania set in and having the tools to move past the triggers when triggered have helped immensely.
Oh and having a partner who speaks up when she sees I'm going off track without triggering me when she brings it to my attention and not being afraid of the beast that can come out if I'm already going into the deep end. Honestly that's where change started.

EnjoyingLife

guys, really? indica as in southern india indica as described by Lamarck, not the afghani wld that the American Hegemony has dictated to be indica...that's what all the caribbean has been enjoying thanks to the British Empire
Are you saying the indica used was from southern India (I'm assuming that may be where it originated versus they used one from there as I'm told it's a Haitian indica)?
If so, what's the difference?
Total noob here looking for any enlightenment...

Normannen

Anne enn Normal
Veteran
Are you saying the indica used was from southern India (I'm assuming that may be where it originated versus they used one from there as I'm told it's a Haitian indica)?
If so, what's the difference?
Total noob here looking for any enlightenment...
Haitian indica is not afghan in origin, it's Indian, likely south indian, as that has been the staple grown at that latitude, and when I look at other caribbean accessions, that south indian keeps coming back, it's also the building block of Zamal. and all that is because of the massive movement of indian population across the equator by either French or English colonists.

Normannen

Anne enn Normal
Veteran
In his original 1753 classification, Carl Linnaeus identified just one, Cannabis sativa. The first indication of dissent came in 1785 when another eminent biologist, Jean-Baptiste Lamarck, was given some plant specimens collected in India. On the basis of several characteristics including their firm stems, thin bark, and the shape of their leaves and flowers, Lamarck felt that they should be distinguished from C sativa. Accordingly he invoked a new species, C indica.

if you read his description he talks about thin leaflets long stalks and sparse breacts, and high potency...it doesn't say in the report above, but he did sample some hash as well.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
OJDs super silve
Resized_IMG_20231219_111558_60710678056926.jpeg
Resized_IMG_20231219_111802_60740105297389.jpeg
Resized_IMG_20231219_111844_60767435559544.jpeg
Resized_IMG_20231219_111853_60800248595008.jpeg
r sour thai nevils
Resized_IMG_20231219_111304_60673980097308.jpeg

EnjoyingLife

Haitian indica is not afghan in origin, it's Indian, likely south indian, as that has been the staple grown at that latitude, and when I look at other caribbean accessions, that south indian keeps coming back, it's also the building block of Zamal. and all that is because of the massive movement of indian population across the equator by either French or English colonists.
Thanks for the history!

Latest posts

Latest posts