What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Canon MPE 65mm Macro Images

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks everyone so much for your comments. I was woried these would get boring "once you've seen one-you've seen them all"..but I guarntee there are many unique ones to follow...
..Recently picked up the D7000...
CC congrats..I'll be anxiously waiting to see what you do with that!
I am harvesting my first predominantly Sativa strains this month (Trainwreck and Durban Poison) and even though they have gone 60+ days, I don't see much amber at all and not many cloudy trichs either....
DP a majority of the strians I work with have a lot of Sativa influance, possibly a connection.
doobie...this has me perplexed. I want answers! Very good question DawnPatrol...dank.Frank
Thanks DF and again DP..I'm just as perplexed, dumbfounded, I've heard over and over this "mostly amber" story, and I just don't see it, neither do my lenses. Soil-temps-outdoor-indoor-I've done everything BUT HYDRO!
In my years here at IC I've never seen an image of predominantly amber-if anyone has one please post it for us! Thank you!

Today let's do more Doobie's Strawberry...this is fresh, just harvested at the time...cheers..DD

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm not so sure Unc! Looks like a lighting effect to me. Why is it amber on one edge of the leaf and not the rest of the surrounding area? I'd think the amber would show up all over that are. I know some buds ripen at different times on different levels of the plant, top buds first, but different areas of a single leaf? Let's see some macros buddy...cheers! DD

Dawn Patrol

Well this is some bullshit right here.....
Veteran
Maybe this will help you DD

Maybe this will help you DD

Sorry for the crappy pics - these shots were taken with a 5 MP fuji point and shoot held up to the eyepiece of my microscope. This is a workable technique, but it's tough to get a decent shot as there is not much depth of field through a microscope lens.

These photos pale in comparison to the outstanding macro work of the Doobster, but hopefully you can make out some amber trichs in these pics.

I didn't note what strains are pictured, but pretty sure it is Medijuana, eXe Kush #2 or my unknown Euro Hybrid - all Indica leaning strains.

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
DP thank you for those..I m thinking I'm not making myself clear though. What I am asking is if anyone has pix of mostly amber. I have amber and have seen it before, but I hear Peeps talk about completely amber, 70%-80%, and mostly amber. I just don't see that across a leaf or bud, in all the trichs. This is my idea of amber..and I wouldn't call this "mostly" amber. I'd say 50% at the best? This is one of the most amber pix I have, it from 2010.
My Malawi cross..yes it will set you back then send you soaring....

picture.php

..and away from the amber discussion n back to MPE macros, Mystic from DutchGrown Seed, photographed fresh, thanks everyone for your views and posts..DD

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Homebrewer

Veteran
Wanted to post some macros here since this seems to be the place for great macro shots. Well done doobie!

Kali Mist:

Blue Skunk Haze:

More Kali:

Nice pics everyone, especially DD. What strain is the pic of unclefishsstick?

The amber thing, It's gotta be strain dependant, right?

The one that gets the most amber for me is the true blueberry clone which grows fat, long, rock hard sativa buds. It has maple shaped leaves sort of and stones like a pure indica. the party crasher we call her...

heres a good place to ask this question. (I think) What is the stuff thats like sap sort of that comes out of buds? It looks like hash oil coming out but if you burn it it's obviously some sort of sugar or something. I can't find any pics off hand of it, but it only happens when you get it really dialed in on a good strain. Rarely do I see it; I'm sure somebody will chime in in about 30 seconds and tell me the scientific explanation for what I just stammered out. LOL

Dawn Patrol

Veteran
DP thank you for those..I m thinking I'm not making myself clear though. What I am asking is if anyone has pix of mostly amber.

DD I do not have any pics of mostly amber buds simply because by the time I usually harvest, I am not focused on taking pics but doing all the other things required at chopping time.

I also got discouraged taking pics through the microscope as it is very difficult and time consuming to get any decent shots without a better setup than what I have.

I would have to think that most any strain that is mostly amber is way past it's prime as amber trichs are a sign that the trichomes are degrading and the cannabanoids are changing (CBNs, CBDs and all that stuff).

I will be chopping 5-6 different strains toward the end of April that I am growing for seed production (I let them go extra long 75+ days for that purpose) and I'll try to remember to get pics of those when I do chop.

I'm not sure that I will see what I think I will see though. These are light sensative plants and everything I have harvested this spring at the same day count as I harvested in the fall does not look as finished.

I suspect that has to do with thefact that the days are lengthening instead of getting shorter.

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
MPE Macro Pix

MPE Macro Pix

Gorgeous shots as usual, DD :D
Thank you mugenbao...
oh it really was that amber doobster...no macros though,thats about as good as it gets on my camera...
No problem my friend..I believe you..just slingin some shit! LOL
Wanted to post some macros here since this seems to be the place for great macro shots. Well done doobie!

Thanks HB for your complement. I was hoping to keep the thread to macros only, then specifically ones captured with the Canon MPE 65mm macro lens, but buddy your close ups are very nice.

The amber thing, It's gotta be strain dependant, right?

MM I'm thinking certain strains produce more amber...

I will be chopping 5-6 different strains toward the end of April ...
I'm looking forward to seeing what you find. As I mentioned, I've let girls go to where the buds are shriveling and drying up and still not had amber in them?

More Mystic from DutchGrown seed...
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Mad at myself....

Mad at myself....

Well boys..my grow is all F'd up, flowering way too early, I broke my shoulder badly April 3rd, ouch, motha *@+....., Doobie you dumb shit......so that leaves me with getting some more pix up in this thread for you guys. I'm not asking for pitty, just enjoy the pixels OK?

This is from Hummingbird Green last fall photographed fresh...cheers..DD

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Dawn Patrol

Veteran
Hope you're feeling better

Hope you're feeling better

and on the mend DD. Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

I will be chopping 5-6 different strains toward the end of April that I am growing for seed production (I let them go extra long 75+ days for that purpose) and I'll try to remember to get pics of those when I do chop.

I'm pissed at myself as well, these plants started to fry in our latest heat wave and then I had a security scare so I chopped them sooner than I wanted to (60 days) so no pics of amber trichs.

Seed production was better than nothing, but nowhere near what I was expecting. Turns out my security fears were a non issue, but I probably need to rest this grow spot for a season or two and not push my luck.

Some macro pics and results from a particularly nice sample of mango we analyzed at the lab I work at last week. The range of focus on these macros pale in comparison to Doobie's pics but I figured I would share anyways.

Attachments

• Mango.pdf
    136.6 KB · Views: 44
  • Mango1.jpg
    Mango1.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 18
  • Mango2.jpg
    Mango2.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 14

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
DP thanks for thinking of me. I am recovering, much slower than I'd like, and enduring a lot of pain still.
More MPE Macro lens pix specific to the thread topic...these of Dutchgrowns Mystic. I hope to earn a Dutchgrown "Night" badge at sometime in my lifetime. Respect to her and the fine genetics..get well DG....DD

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Superstone

It's always a pleasure to look at your images and see your appreciation of life through your lenses Doobie.

Just wishing you Godspeed with your recovery...and I'm sending a quarry of good vibes your way.You might want to take a few steps back until it lands.(lol) Have a great day!

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Superstone thanks for those vibes..they worked! I made a giant leap forward yesterday and I am able to get in and out of my hot tub again by myself..a lifesavor for me. Cheers..

So here's to Doobies Srawberry....thanks for your views and posts...DD

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Superstone

Recovery is all about breakthroughs...and I'm recovering from trying to break through the screen of my monitor trying to get a sniff of that Strawberry!That looks sweet by the way...wishing you many consecutive great days!