What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Miracle Gro Shows intrest in Medical Marijuana market

guess i dont mind being a baby,at least not as much as some of you seem to mind.No I am not pushing any kind of agenda for some corp.I will say this though.I did not vote for prop 19 but not for the reasons you might think,do you know that prop 19 called for anyone under the age of 21 who got caught in possession of cannabis,to be charged with a felony?That is why i did not vote yes,not to mention that everything in that prop was geared towards benefiting oaksterdam and running the little guy out of business.Now you might be old but you aint wise and all your crazy allegations just make you look like a fool.

I dont know about MG, but they sell a series of organic ferts @ walmart here in canada that work pretty well coupled with some black earth, peat moss, perlite, vermiculite, etc... ( they sell that all in one aisle here :) )lol i dont see how mg is ahead of the curve if in a year or two they're going to start making products.
They also sell an organic soil that is like 10-5-5 or something and u dilute with black earth works well outdoors.
Other than that, they aren't seriously gonna sell 3 part fomulas with cal mg and micros and all that shit lol people who are serious about growin bud are prob still gonna take the time to go to the hydro shop and if they dont have time they're gonna order online lol.
I would only do that for a quick guerilla plot late in the season or helping someone set something up on a strict budget but that's kinda wat they are talking about anyway...

people who are serious about growin bud are prob still gonna take the time to go to the hydro shop and if they dont have time they're gonna order online lol.

That hydro shop has you by the balls don't they? They give'em a little tug and you squirm and hand over everything you have in your wallet.

That hydro shop has you by the balls don't they? They give'em a little tug and you squirm and hand over everything you have in your wallet.
lol why do you say that? the store by my house has the lowest prices there is online place in bc and one in manitoba that can get it to me cheaper but have less selection..
where would you suggest i go?

lol why do you say that? the store by my house has the lowest prices there is online place in bc and one in manitoba that can get it to me cheaper but have less selection..
where would you suggest i go?

You are standing on it. This planet provides you with everything you need for free.

You are standing on it. This planet provides you with everything you need for free.
true if im growing outdoors, indoors i dono id always use store bought ferts i think. but thats just me, im sure you can mix up a nice recipe from all natural stuff i dont know how, have time and i live in a pretty remote place lol. i think there are lots of growers like that out there who are still serious.

I only grow indoors since I am in a state where if I am caught I've pretty much ruined the rest of my life. I grow practically for free indoors if you don't count the electricity which I don't count in the winter because it helps keep my heater from running. I did have to buy some perlite the other day because when I add compost back in after a run it tends to hold water longer. However the first step in self sufficiency starts with the Organics for Beginners Sticky

ElPiloto

I have been growing pot off and on since 1967. I have always used Miracle-Gro. It is a complete fertilizer. I use it at 1/3 strength and only once every 2 weeks when growing in the ground outdoors. I don't use anything but water once the flowers start.

Marijuana is just a weed. It will grow fine in the dirt with no fertilization at all. The taste is affected by the soil it is grown in. Indoors, I used equal parts of peat moss, sand and vermiculite.

I have never bought a seed until the last few weeks. I just took seeds from whatever pot came through my hands. I grew mostly pure Mexican Sativa, Afghani, and Colombian. All of them worked fine with Miracle-Gro. I did grow some hidden weed and would dig a hole the size of a 5 gallon bucket and put about a pound of composted cow manure in the bottom of the hole. That pot grew quite well and tasted good too.

There is no magic to using fertilizer on pot plants. Anything more than what the plant needs to grow is wasted. Using exotic fertilizers is a waste of money.

Bongstar420

MG/Scotts Ferts

MG/Scotts Ferts

These guys have fairly clean fertilizer for a salt concentrate. It can be cleaner at application then some organic sources. Their Mercury, Lead, and Cadmium levels are superb...They also have moderate radio signatures compared to other salt concentrates. Here is an example of your late flower blend. The bad flavor comes from too much N/K in 15-30-15 that people whine about. You have to jack up phosphate in late flower then cut off shortly before harvest.

Miracle gro 10-54-10
http://oda.state.or.us/dbs/heavy_metal/detail.lasso?-op=eq&product_id=16906

Compare this to Cha-Ching 9-55-10

http://oda.state.or.us/dbs/heavy_metal/detail.lasso?-op=eq&product_id=4988

In addition to this, a pound of Cha-Ching is about 30-40 and a pound of Miracle gro is 5-12.

Miracle gro is superior hands down.

How about veg 24-8-16
http://oda.state.or.us/dbs/heavy_metal/detail.lasso?-op=eq&product_id=4552

Early Flower 18-18-21?

http://oda.state.or.us/dbs/heavy_metal/detail.lasso?-op=eq&product_id=2461

Mid Flower 15-30-15?

http://oda.state.or.us/dbs/heavy_metal/detail.lasso?-op=eq&product_id=5501

Lets look at organic sea bird guano.

http://oda.state.or.us/dbs/heavy_metal/detail.lasso?-op=eq&product_id=19195

Holy shit! Organic fertilizer has more baddies in it then the "bad" chemical stuff. Not only that, but you add like 10 times more organic stuff then you would of condensed salts.

What about fish emulsion/kelp?

http://oda.state.or.us/dbs/heavy_metal/detail.lasso?-op=eq&product_id=4566

How about that? This stuff is comparable to the nasty miracle gro though you apply 10 times more of this then you would miracle gro.

Hey, I was surprised to find Miracle-gro is actually a superior fertilizer. I did the research. I looked at actual measurements of specific elements that actually matter to the consumers health at the advised and realistic application rates. Saying that Potassium phosphate of one brand produces flavor better then another brand is meaningless outside of possible contaminants since we are talking about a specific chemical. This is not like confusing Iron sulfate with Iron phosphate. Iron sulfate will clearly work better for immediate effect then Iron phosphate from any source.

I think it is funny this guy is worried about branding when he could simply point to the fact that his ferts are clean and the manufacturing methods responsible. Well, unless that is the brand

I do not recommend stand alone fertilizer programs. These products would not work well for hydro because they are designed to be used with alkaline products like limestone or bone meal. Many of the Miracle-gro products on the shelf have a lot of Urea, which I like, but isnt good for hydro unless you want to add Ph up like every day. Urea releases a lot of protons like 2 as it goes to Ammonia which releases another as it goes to Nitrate. Most hydro will prolly be 1 Ammonia:2 Nitrate

fabvariousk

Veteran
^Great post but the "organos" that "believe" so much in the naturalness of something from nature wont be able to comprehend your sensible info.
I use both organics and synthetics because I care about what is best for the plant. Not about the opinions of people who don't know sh*t from d%ck when it comes to really pushing these mama jammas!
fk

Bongstar420

A side not on fert composition....

A side not on fert composition....

I forgot to mention that the Miracle-gro Bloom is not suitable for indoor production, not because of poor quality per se, but because they use Potassium chloride. Outdoors this stuff is fine, but the chloride ion can cause your EC to build over time if you are not flushing at least %25 of the containers volume. Chloride is a necessary ion, but ordinary tap water will be sufficient as a chloride source. In addition, chloride is usually an impurity in all but analytical or technical grade salts (which are much more expensive). It is possible that chloride may build up in the cytoplasm and phloem of plants contributing to that harshness (I wont say chemical taste since the entire plant is am ensemble of chemicals). I believe that no matter your nutrient source, if you over do Nitrogen, Potassium, or Magnesium, your plant will not taste good and it just might be like pyrotechnics (sparkler-probably Magnesium buildup). Some of the worst crap Ive seen was totally organic. The grower was a lazy hippy and the seed of that stuff was %100 male. LOL

OLDproLg

Veteran
MG is the shizzzzzzzzznit!!

MG is the shizzzzzzzzznit!!

I have been growing pot off and on since 1967. I have always used Miracle-Gro. It is a complete fertilizer. I use it at 1/3 strength and only once every 2 weeks when growing in the ground outdoors. I don't use anything but water once the flowers start.

Marijuana is just a weed. It will grow fine in the dirt with no fertilization at all. The taste is affected by the soil it is grown in. Indoors, I used equal parts of peat moss, sand and vermiculite.

I have never bought a seed until the last few weeks. I just took seeds from whatever pot came through my hands. I grew mostly pure Mexican Sativa, Afghani, and Colombian. All of them worked fine with Miracle-Gro. I did grow some hidden weed and would dig a hole the size of a 5 gallon bucket and put about a pound of composted cow manure in the bottom of the hole. That pot grew quite well and tasted good too.

There is no magic to using fertilizer on pot plants. Anything more than what the plant needs to grow is wasted. Using exotic fertilizers is a waste of money.

WELL SAID,you all havent learned about the stuff try it!
Mix light and flush the last month with water only.........
Lg!

supermanlives

Veteran
fuck miracle grow. last i checked it wasnt a complete fert either. its missing some small stuff except for the patio or tomato formula i cant remember. if miracle grow was the only fert i would quit growing.great yields of just average smoke at best. yuck

Latest posts

Latest posts