You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Growing in Coco Coir > H3ad goes Coco

Thread Title Search
H3ad goes Coco Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-23-2018, 06:48 PM #2011
buzztofly

buzztofly is on a distinguished road
hello, to start sorry for my english I am french is using google translate. The method 6/9 interests me a lot but is not known in my country so many questions arise for me because I'm not sure I have all understood

1) Is the 6: 9 ratio used for growth at the end of flowering? it seems to me that yes but I may be missing something

2) the water at home is very hard here is its composition
  • Calcium 123,54
  • Magnesium 3,71
  • Bicarbonates 313,78
  • Dureté (En °F) 31,04
  • Potassium 1,56
  • Fluor 0,08
  • Chlorures 29,95
  • Sodium 14,41

is it still possible to use this method? if yes, are there any changes? thank you for the time that you grant me goodbye
buzztofly is offline Quote

Old 08-25-2018, 07:49 AM #2012
sethimus
Banned

sethimus has a spectacular aura aboutsethimus has a spectacular aura aboutsethimus has a spectacular aura aboutsethimus has a spectacular aura about
cut your water with ro water
sethimus is offline Quote

Old 08-25-2018, 04:21 PM #2013
draztik
Free Human

draztik is just really nicedraztik is just really nicedraztik is just really nicedraztik is just really nicedraztik is just really nicedraztik is just really nicedraztik is just really nicedraztik is just really nicedraztik is just really nicedraztik is just really nicedraztik is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzztofly View Post
hello, to start sorry for my english I am french is using google translate. The method 6/9 interests me a lot but is not known in my country so many questions arise for me because I'm not sure I have all understood

1) Is the 6: 9 ratio used for growth at the end of flowering? it seems to me that yes but I may be missing something

2) the water at home is very hard here is its composition
  • Calcium 123,54
  • Magnesium 3,71
  • Bicarbonates 313,78
  • Dureté (En °F) 31,04
  • Potassium 1,56
  • Fluor 0,08
  • Chlorures 29,95
  • Sodium 14,41

is it still possible to use this method? if yes, are there any changes? thank you for the time that you grant me goodbye
General Hydrponics makes a hardwater version of their Flora series. FloraMicro Hardwater and FloraBloom Hardwater.
draztik is offline Quote

Old 09-13-2018, 10:52 PM #2014
buzztofly

buzztofly is on a distinguished road
Hello, thank you very much for your answer and sorry to answer so late I no longer had internet (sometimes it feels like living in a cave in France xD).
I have invested in a system that produces water r/o so no more worries about that. But another problem arises to me when rereading the forum I came across something I hadn't expected GH and GHE don't have the same composition:
GHE flora micro and in 5-0-1 and GHE florabloom and in 0-5-4 apparently it would not be the same value in the USA. so I would have to adapt but value to micro 5ml and bloom 8ml for 3l (0.79 gal.us).
is this true or not? otherwise what would be the value I should use or is there a converter? if the answer has already been given please excuse me and please indicate me to or search.
thank you goodbye.
buzztofly is offline Quote

Old 02-14-2019, 04:53 PM #2015
King Loki

King Loki is on a distinguished road
hey guys, I'm struggling a bit trying to get the 6/9 (1.5/2.25 per gallon) set up to work on my 3-week old plants I was at a quarter strength with a bit of calmag and I got nitrogen deficiencies so i Up'ed the formula to 50% and went 3/4.5 a gallon and got nitrogen toxicity

should I maybe try a 1/3 strength and see how they go at 2/3 per gallon ?? seem liek the only choice ...

or should i just shoot for an actual ppm and not worry about the amounts as long as the ratios are right ?
King Loki is offline Quote

Old 02-14-2019, 06:52 PM #2016
Rab.C

Rab.C is a splendid one to beholdRab.C is a splendid one to beholdRab.C is a splendid one to beholdRab.C is a splendid one to beholdRab.C is a splendid one to beholdRab.C is a splendid one to beholdRab.C is a splendid one to beholdRab.C is a splendid one to beholdRab.C is a splendid one to beholdRab.C is a splendid one to beholdRab.C is a splendid one to behold
bro give it EC0.8 and watch here leaves the will tell you to up feed or lower it.
i have loads of problems and this is my first grow.
Rab.C is offline Quote

Old 02-14-2019, 07:34 PM #2017
FJ2000

FJ2000 has a spectacular aura aboutFJ2000 has a spectacular aura aboutFJ2000 has a spectacular aura aboutFJ2000 has a spectacular aura aboutFJ2000 has a spectacular aura about
What is your base water? Are you adjusting pH to 5.8? What light are you using? How close is it? To much light can make the leaves curl down and look like to much N
Pure coco? Are you running your nutes once a day? How big of a container are they in?
This is my second grow/ both with H3ad and at 3 weeks from germ I was in 16oz cups, straight 6/9 in 100ppm base water feeding daily. Week 4 into 1 gallon and week 6 2 gallon and flower. They grow like monsters...
FJ2000 is offline Quote

Old 02-15-2019, 06:45 AM #2018
King Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJ2000 View Post
What is your base water? Are you adjusting pH to 5.8? What light are you using? How close is it? To much light can make the leaves curl down and look like too much N
Pure coco? Are you running your nutes once a day? How big of a container are they in?
This is my second grow/ both with H3ad and at 3 weeks from germ I was in 16oz cups, straight 6/9 in 100ppm base water feeding daily. Week 4 into 1 gallon and week 6 2 gallon and flower. They grow like monsters...
my base water is 250ppm I adjust to 5.8 after nutes have gone into the water

I'm running 40% perlite 60% coco I was watering once per day but a few people told me because they are small to let them dry a little so their roots fill the container, so I wait like a day and a half between feeding I have 2 plants in 10L pots and 2 plants in 12L pots

maybe my pots are to big ?

I try and feed them about 650ppm - 750 ppm .. i know that if i put a liter and a half though the pots i get almost a liter back out which seems liek alot of run off right ?

Ill go and research the light stress issue you think might be a cause too

Old 02-15-2019, 06:54 AM #2019
King Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJ2000 View Post
What is your base water? Are you adjusting pH to 5.8? What light are you using? How close is it? To much light can make the leaves curl down and look like to much N
this is what they look like ... you can see the plants on the right were showing signs of nitrogen deficiency so i up'ed the 6/9 formula to 50% from 25% and got nitrogen toxicity and a minuscule amount of tip burn on a few leaves ... I flushed them with a double dose of 500ppm solution last night and they look good this morning.

now the 2 plants on the right are a different strain ... could it be that these 2 plants need different amounts of nutes? although the plants on the right also showed signs of slight nitrogen toxicity after the 50% also.

there is no way these plants would be able to take the full 6/9 .. it would fry them

Old 02-15-2019, 06:57 AM #2020
King Loki

my picture didn't show up for some reason
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190214_203704.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	485941 Click image for larger version

Name:	20190214_203654.jpg