What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tutorial Organics for Beginners

BurnOne

No damn given.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
LC :jump: :jump: :jump:

What's up Bro? :wave:

I thought you was dead or the worms got ya. :muahaha:

Talk to me...

Burn1

acidfire

First of all I would like to say thank you to all of you who have taken time out of their day to help those with questions.

Hello all.
I am in need of advice.

Last spring I found a nice outdoor plot, except the soil has a high clay content. I dug around abit and noticed there were alot of worms crawling around.

So I read I need to mix in alot of organic matter. I have a good amount of peat moss, so I will use that and maybe some worm castings, manure or whatever I can find.

Here comes the questions:
I was just wondering the ratio of soil to organic matter.
I read 1:1, but was wondering what you guys think?
I've added a bag of perlite and vercumulite sofar, but still need to loosen this stuff up big time.

Also, I dont want to use blood or bone meal, so was thinking about using these amendments:

1 bale pro-mix
3T canola meal
1T feather meal
2T high P bat guano (or maybe rock phosphate?)
1T greensand
2T dolomite lime
1T kelp meal
Does guano attract animals?
Has anyone used high P bat gunao, canola or feather meal?
Do any take an exeptionally long time to kick in?

When should I add the dolomite lime? When I mix in the peat moss?
Or should I wait until spring and add it when I do the dry ferts?

If anyone has any questions, comments, or suggestions please post them.
Thanks in advance.

T

TheOneWill

Can you make a tea with kelp meal,blood meal, and bone meal? If else what would I need?

BurnOne

No damn given.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
acidfire-
I'm not familiar with canola meal or feather meal. Could you post their N-P-K?
Animals are very curious when something new is present. It's best to mix your stuff in the ground early and let it start to decompose for a few weeks before transplanting into it.
Dolomite lime should be used at 2 tablespoons per gallon of your entire mix.

TheOneWill-
Bone meal must be mixed into your soil mix to work. It doesn't mix and break down with water alone. Blood and kelp can be made into teas but work very well mixed into your soil mix with the bone IMO.
Burn1

G

he forgot what he smoked also! hehe

anyway, organics is the way i wanna grow, so i'm wondering...

i'll be using in 08 season worm castings, worm drainage (tea), backyard compost and some cheap potting soil. i'm i good for the start?

acidfire

BurnOne said:
acidfire-
I'm not familiar with canola meal or feather meal. Could you post their N-P-K?
Animals are very curious when something new is present. It's best to mix your stuff in the ground early and let it start to decompose for a few weeks before transplanting into it.
Dolomite lime should be used at 2 tablespoons per gallon of your entire mix.
Burn1

From what ive read.
The feather meal is slow release with about 15/0/0
The canola meal is 6.25/1/1.22

Im not sure if it will take more than 4 months for the feather meal to become available. If so, It might not be worth using.
Maybe I should just use a N guano?

Thanks B1

iLuv2BlAzE

whats the herb taste like grown with guano manure etc ??

whats the herb taste like grown with guano manure etc ??

i was wondering any of u guys check out lous grew of 63 lbs ......any way hes been doin it for 29 yrs n he says that the taste in the herb grown with guano bone, manure etc etc. taste like shitttt ???

i know this is prob just a opinion thats why im hea to ask burnone what he says about the quality in the taste of the herb ????? anyone ??????

There are differing opinions on that apparently, because I've never heard growers complain about taste when growing with guano, bone meal or manure if they're used and prepared properly. A lot of people have said weed grown with liquid miracle grow tastes like shit, but thats what lougrew does.

iLuv2BlAzE

thats why im here to see what burnone has to say about this ...

also for the record the sugar really works i have the cannabis grow bible n somewhere in there they did a controlled study they added sugar the last 4 weeks of flowering and the bud with sugar was 20 percent bigger than the bud that didnt run with sugar im movin so all books r packed wanted to show u guys the bud difference ! its amazing what sugar can dooooo

T

TheOneWill

What can I use as a mg nute?
Also how long do the Recipe #1 stay in the soil?

Instead of dolomite I used 1 teaspoon per gallon of hydrated lime(It only has 0.39%mg. An 39% or 48% calcium.)
Thanks TheOneWill

Last edited:

sunnydog

Drip King
Veteran
Veg mix-
1/3 cup Peruvian Seabird Guano (PSG)
1/3 cup High N Bat Guano (Mexican)
1/3 cup Earth Worm Castings (EWC)
5 tsp. Maxicrop 1-0-4 powdered kelp extract
5 tbs. Liquid Karma
5 tbs. Black Strap Molasses
@ 1-cup mix/5 gallons of water every 3rd watering.

Flowering nute tea mix:
2/3 cup Peruvian Seabird Guano
2/3 cup Earth Worm Castings
2/3 cup High P Guano (Indonesian or Jamaican)
5 tbs. Maxicrop 1-0-4 powdered kelp extract
5 tbs. Black Strap Molasses
@ 2 cups/5 gallons of water EVERY watering.

Hello Burn 1. Thank You for this thread. I have tried to assemble the ingredients for your receipe #3... This was the best I could find.Could you Or anyone who knows let me know if this stuff will do, I'm new at this crapLOL !

Sea bird Guano- Nitrogen 0.1%-2% Phosphoric acic-14%

Bat guano 2-17-0

Marinis seaweed extract 2-2-7 (liquid,says to add 2.5 mil. per liter)

Also,the receipe says"@ 2 cups/5 gallons of water EVERY watering."
Does this mean add 2 cups of tea to 5 gal water?
Any help would would be great! TIA

Last edited:

BurnOne

No damn given.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Iluv2blaze-
Organic nutes like guano and meals don't offer any "taste" to the weed. All you taste is the weed itself. Chemical ferts like MG cause salts to build up in the plant which can cause a bad taste.

TheOneWill-
Those nutes will stay in the soil at a high enough concentration for one complete grow from veg to flower. Some nutes will be left over after harvest, but not enough to support another grow.

sunnydog-
Your Sea Bird Guano is the PSG I posted. It should work fine. Your 2-17-0 bat guano is "high P guano". Your 2-2-7 seaweed extract can be used in place of the Maxicrop 1-0-4. Use it as directed on its label directions.
The "@ 2 cups/5gallons of water" is 2 cups of dry mix (guano and worm castings) mixed with 5 gallons of water.

Burn1

sunnydog

Drip King
Veteran
Thank You.

Thank You.

Thanks! One more ?...What might the NPK numbers be for "high n bat Guano(mexican)"

iLuv2BlAzE

to amend the soil or just add organic teas ? or both ?

to amend the soil or just add organic teas ? or both ?

thanks burn highly appreciated...... :joint:

now another ? do you prefer to just add organic tea's to just soil an perlite...or do u like to amend the soil and add the organic teas ?

Latest posts

Latest posts