What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Jerry Garcia Growing Up

Jerry_Garcia

Been a minute, I hope everyone is great and staying lifted!

I currently have my mother and 4 of the clones vegging under my led. I am using 15 gallon cloth bags for the clones, I have the mother in a 7 gallon. I have two other clones still in the veg tent under the 315 cmh. These will be gifted to a friend soon.

I am using Build-A-Soil 3.0 this round. All they have received this far is ~6.8ph filtered city water.

Pic is from a few days ago before I rearranged

Attachments

• IMG_0156.jpeg
    IMG_0156.jpeg
    5 MB · Views: 52

Jerry_Garcia

So a quick update. I put the Tangerine Dream in flower 2 weeks ago today…June 28th. Just pH’ed filtered water and some teas along the way. They look very healthy with no signs of deficiencies or stress. In hindsight, I should have been a bit more diligent in my training. It’s not bad but I would have liked to see a few more budsites on the clones. This strain is a fast grower with long nodes. Apparently the Tangerine Dream from Barney’s has Neville’s A5 Haze as a parent so the structure is certainly leaning more sativa.

Anyway, about 8 weeks to go. I’m gonna crack some seeds for my next run and will start that shortly. I’m debating another Captain Redbeard strain Northern Lights #5. This is a strain I absolutely loved when I was in college in the 90s. I knew one home grower back then that grew this strain and it was always such a treat once he harvested. The problem was that when it was gone, we were back to the mexi brick weed! To all the younger generations, the struggle was very real back then. Ha

Stay lifted!

IMG_0285.jpeg

Jerry_Garcia

I thought I would show a few post-schwazze pictures. I did it a few days earlier than I had planned (day 16 flower) but I had the time and wanted to knock it out.

I have kinda gotten a little lucky. The mother really hasn’t stretched too much and that allowed the other 4 to catch up. Made for a more even canopy.

I just gave them a dose of silica with their last watering. I feel they could use a little branch strengthening as I have some that are too small for my liking and probably will not hold up flowers too well late flowering.

I’m gonna top dress with some bloom ferts soon. I’m really impressed with the living soil thus far. Absolutely no signs of deficiencies anywhere.

IMG_0289.jpeg
IMG_0290.jpeg
IMG_0291.jpeg

Jerry_Garcia

Cindy99 and the bubblegummer for sure... I'll throw the Humboldt sour diesel into that ring also.
Yeah, good choices. I've always wanted to run a pure Cindy99. Really too many choices. I think the only Female Seeds I've run has been the Sexbud (C99xWhite Grapefruit)...which was a very nice strain. They seems to have some good genetics. Their C99 is simply a cross of C99xC99 from Brother's Grimm so it should be fire. That may be the one...

I've read some not so great things about the SourD from Humboldt. Basically folks that have run it say it is nowhere near the classic SD from years ago. True or not, I'll run some of that at some point.

I'm not big on running multiple strains at the same time because final heights (amount of stretch) vary from strain to strain and pheno to pheno. You can only control it so much and I don't want any of the plants to be towering over others.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
Been a minute, I hope everyone is great and staying lifted!

I currently have my mother and 4 of the clones vegging under my led. I am using 15 gallon cloth bags for the clones, I have the mother in a 7 gallon. I have two other clones still in the veg tent under the 315 cmh. These will be gifted to a friend soon.

I am using Build-A-Soil 3.0 this round. All they have received this far is ~6.8ph filtered city water.

Pic is from a few days ago before I rearranged
What brand of soil do you like?

Jerry_Garcia

Just a very quick update. So I grabbed some 5 gallon fabric bags and some Ocean Forest soil this morning. I'll transplant the C99s soon, let them establish for a week or so and flip to flower. These plants are just growing so fast and healthy!

I just wasn't impressed with the water only soil I used for the Tangerine Dream. Maybe others could do better with it but watering only doesn't seem to cut it. Buds were much smaller than prior grows and not as dense.

Latest posts

Latest posts