What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Oaxaca 79

Atreyu

i think i am the only person who still keeps the original cut of Oaxaca 79, kaiki passed it to me for the year 2009 but i remember correctly and since then he has stayed with me... it does not have a too high potency but it does have an exquisite flavor and a very flowering quickly, unfortunately when feminized, the s1 have a longer flowering time... but they are still very good plants

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
A pleasure to share this cross with friends and growers that know how to appreciate it Benoit ;)
Glad she makes you feel you excited! Looking forward to know you and your friends opinion after a good curing.

Hi Atreyu, nice to see you chime in :)

There are females with very strong and complex potency in the Oaxaca 79 S1 fems (if you have enough plants to select from).
The S1 early flowering phenos usually have more lime/lemony kind of terpenes and brighter happier effects. The longer flowering ones are usually more musky/incensey and produce more trippy and profound effects and stronger potency in average. I love loud incensey terpene profiles so my S1 selections went mainly towards the longer flowering ones, #16 is our strongest one (also the better yielding), #23 and #24 the most exotic incensey ones, and #8 an early flowering not so potent pheno. All the Oaxacan 79 hybrid seeds we have given away have #23 as mother, my favorite one.

Atreyu

If in the S1 I notice some differences with the mother of them, I also have many S1 that Kaiki made, I still have enough, I also have some Oaxaca trance that I have not tried yet

Kijell

Thank you dubi im feeling better now!
I chopped the plant at Day 75, pictures are like 1-2 days before that! She could have gone a week longer but I think this is okay.
I want her to be uplifting and really wanted to start my new project.

Smell is a more complex bright lemon/citrus flavour with a bit sweetness and incense.
Hard to describe but special and delicious for sure.
We will see how it cures and developes, smoke report will follow!

Still amazed of the thin leaves and bud structure. Good amounts of resin for old landrace.
Buds are a bit more leafy and low yielding if you compare it to Oaxaca x Panama I guess, but I think I will like the soothing effects of this one more.
Already loved the Zamaldelica x Kali China.

So enjoy the pictures of Oaxaca 79 x Kali China!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Amazing Kijell :) Couldn't ask for more, thank you very much for the feedback.

Since the first time i smoked our Oaxaca selected females, I always had the feeling that Kali China would be the perfect indica dom to cross with Oaxaca 79.
Hope she smokes as good as she looks. :yes: Please keep us updated with a smoke report when you feel is the right time. Glad you are feeling better, take care!

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
That Oaxaca79xKali China looks like a pretty nice cross, good grown for sure.

CBG Oaxaca79S1, nice dense structure. Think can pollinate her first with the Oaxaca79Skull male in ~10 Days. Iam not producing Seeds very often, but this time im really curious about the outcome.

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Oaxaca79Skull male
picture.php

elanius

Veteran
Oaxaca x Panama @ 6 weeks

Here is the girl in advanced flower, I guessed she will be ready in 70 days, but at this stage not even sure it will be needed. Looks like 65 days will be more than enough and what a beauty! I hoped for Oaxacan dominant pheno and looks like my wish was granted. I am far from being expert or having experience with Panama, but grown Mextizas and this female is very similar. The bouquet is a mix of resin (a promise of incense!) and creamy citrus aromas. Buds are very wispy, bit more leafy, but that dont matter to me. The ultimate test is yet to come and everything so far looks very promising and points to right direction. I am curious to observe the girl futher, predicting she make some more foxtails and develop more complex flavor.

Dubi, thank you again for this gift! Very much appreciated, its just a pleasure to observe this plant grow from the start.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

picture.php

SolarLogos

Oaxaca x Panama @ 6 weeks

Here is the girl in advanced flower, I guessed she will be ready in 70 days, but at this stage not even sure it will be needed. Looks like 65 days will be more than enough and what a beauty! I hoped for Oaxacan dominant pheno and looks like my wish was granted. I am far from being expert or having experience with Panama, but grown Mextizas and this female is very similar. The bouquet is a mix of resin (a promise of incense!) and creamy citrus aromas. Buds are very wispy, bit more leafy, but that dont matter to me. The ultimate test is yet to come and everything so far looks very promising and points to right direction. I am curious to observe the girl futher, predicting she make some more foxtails and develop more complex flavor.

Dubi, thank you again for this gift! Very much appreciated, its just a pleasure to observe this plant grow from the start.

View Image View Image View Image View Image
View Image
Now that is one beautiful girl! That took some skills my friend. Love those orange O hairs too, leaves are beautiful, looking very Oaxaca. Everything I've grown with Ace's Panama in it always had lemon incense. Anywhere from candy lemon to a musty lemon incense. I bet she smells amazing. Thanks for sharing.
Peace, God bless

Kijell

Lovely thin leafs Pineapple_Punch looks dope and nice buds elanius, flowering quite fast.
Great plants you two, they are looking awesome!

Riamba

Isn't it funny, the only Plant of the CBG Oaxaca79S1 Seeds i popped which survived looks like a copy of Charlie Garcias Oaxaca79 cut... :)

Charlie was growing also S1 seeds (not clones) that year along with the Oaxacan Trance hybrids from Kangativa, he reported the grow at Cannabiogen forum. There were several different phenos:

file.php

He didn't keep the older cut from years before, so they've made another selection in order to find the last Oaxacan79 mother.

https://www.cannabiogen.com/club/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=4568&start=130

Best.

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
Charlie was growing also S1 seeds (not clones) that year along with the Oaxacan Trance hybrids from Kangativa, he reported the grow at Cannabiogen forum. There were several different phenos:

View Image

He didn't keep the older cut from years before, so they've made another selection in order to find the last Oaxacan79 mother.

https://www.cannabiogen.com/club/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=4568&start=130

Best.

Thank you Riamba for pointing that out, i'll look at it. Only found a few pictures in the Mexican landrace thread. :)

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
The one picture i've shown is from this Post here:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=4604714&postcount=6

"
Lovely amigos, plenty of weed over there. Wish we were back some time ago to know and valorate better cause many sativa treasures in Mexico.
So nice to see results were good capitano Looks like her mom
here she is, so cute cut, overpowers when breeding properly it seems

12 fingers Oaxacan was so light sensitive here, she required 12 hours or below for keeping buding...sorry Chischas I couldnt run her as well as I wished in winter, she was sooo long to finish thats for sure..soon Ill sample some
Oaxaca in the pic, uploaded in other older threads
best vibes guys
cuidense pendejos
kaiki"

So when i read it right he says that this is the mother?edit: The first mother where he made the S1 Seeds and Mextiza with? This picture is from 2011, 3 years before he postet pictures of those S1 Plants in the Cannabiogen forum Thread.

Last edited: