What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
update day 29 from seed

update day 29 from seed

BongJour everyone,
Here's the update for this week.
midweek I had problems with leaves clawing and almost no growth overall.
thought about havin overwatered, but turned out the temps had dropped too drastically during lights out. They got as low as 10°C/ 50f for around 4-5 days, stunting growth almost completely and giving me a sleepless night or two.

I had already turned of the extra heater for the room as it had gotten really warm outside already.... poor things, damn they must have been freezing.

Well you can fail on everything as long as you find out about your mistake and come back...

Here they are today:

picture.php

and here's one with true colors, no flash:

picture.php

Check out the lower leaves there were seriuos lockouts due to the cold temps.

BTW I repotted them too, I wasn't so sure about the white party cups...
I had cut an X into each one's bottom instead of making proper holes which didn't give me the best drainage... also I didn't really trust the material's lightproofing. I'm guessing thh outer roots still got plenty of light.Changed that just to make sure
Now they're in slightly bigger cups with bottoms with more holes than a swiss cheese.

Here's a closeup of one of them:

picture.php

they're all perking back up again.

Although I probably lost about a week due to the cold problem it did give me one positive thing: The tightest node spacing I've seen in a while

picture.php

picture.php

phew what a week.
That's it for now,

take care everyone and stay safe,

cc

MiMedGuy

Veteran
Tough week for me too CC! All I can say is they seem to bounce back no problem. Mine dried out on me...lost all lower leaves and prob set me back a week.

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Glad yours are back on track too MiMedGuy !
Let's both file this under "dialling in" hahaha!

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cc, they look great for just being transplanted

Stems are looking excellent, too

If you will be transplanting one more time it would be cool to see one in an Air Pot

I use APs, but filled with rock and top fed with Hydro Halo Rings

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey PetFlora,
Thanks man!
The next and final repotting will be to 3,8L/1gal rootpouches. at that point also the blumats will be installed.
Until then I'm handwatering. I will feed nutes from the rez through the blumats and flush the coco every two weeks.
With properly dialled in blumats you don't have runoff, so a good flush every couple weeks works wonders and keeps the relatively small volume of coco free from salt build-up.

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
update day 34

update day 34

BongJour good people,
here's this week's update.
The gang has recovered after adjusting the temps and is thriving now.

You can still tell the plants had a rough time at some point when you look at the oldest growth.

Here' they are:

picture.php

here's a closeup of one:

picture.php

No worries, that's the coco, not the roots sticking out !

Also, they were all topped yesterday.
As I said the plan is to keep them short and bushy.

picture.php

temps are now at 28C/ 82F(lights on) and 20C/ 68F( lights out).
RH is now finally stable at 35%.

It's a bit tricky to dial this in sometimes, as the PL-Ls in my lower compartment directly heat the bottom of the compartment with the silverskunks, affecting temps in there a lot. Now I put in 2,5cm/1" of PU foam insulation under the sliverskunks' tray so the heat doesn't go through to them as directly as before...

Hope you're all doing great, see you next week !

all the best & take care,

cc

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
great inded :)

keep up the good work :)

med-man

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Med-Man, hi silverskunk gang,
I need your input quickly...
I plan on flowering the tray of silverskunks and take clones only AFTER they show sex, so I only clone the ladies. Then re-veg them under 18/6 to save them until I have harvested, dried& test smoked everyone.

No newbie to the procedure, I lknow what I'm doing, BUT:

Some plants don't respond well to this procedure while others dom't mind...
Any experience on how the silverskunks will react to this treatment?

Update is in the oven, things are crazy right now on the private side, I'll take time to explain to y'all later on.

all the best & take care,

cc

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
clarification:
I' talking about the clones, not the plants of the test grow.
How will sliverkunk bx1 clones do when taken in eraly flowering?

The test grow will of course go on as planned

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey chevy

they will root quick, but may take time to reveg.

med-man

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ok in that case I'll do it the old fashioned way, clone all, sex, and keep the ladies' clones.
No use to wait weeks for a re-veg.

Thanks (med-)man,
take care,

cc

Last edited:

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
update day 52

update day 52

Hi gang,
Here's the newest update I still owe you from last week.
Sorry for the delay, but the lady and I broke up and the gentleman that I am I moved out of our appartment. With the complete grow and all my gear. alone. took some time you see

The silverskunks didn't like it a whole lot, I had to keep them in cardboard boxes with my bonsai moms for a couple hours to drive to the new spot ( which I luckily found in record time)

They have now fully recovered, all the past tempaerature problems are over too and now they're showing good growth. They're stout and thick as hell now, probably a mix of the LED panel giving extremely short node distances and the nute problems from/ with the cold temps.
I applied some LST, bended and pressed the new growth with my fingers and opened up the top of the plants a bit by bending the new shoots sideways.
Hope you can see this on the pics.

They have also been repotted to 1gal/ 3,8L root pouches. panel is still on mother mode.

picture.php

and here's a closeup:

picture.php

temps are stable at 22°C/ 71f night and 26°C/ 79f day.
I raised the night temp a bit as I felt they didn't like the 10C difference between night an day.
rh is way higher now at 75%, because of the bigger leaf mass and the bigger pots.

Med Man, I would def. add cold temps to the short list of things the silverskunks don't like ( like soggy mediums, high nutes etc...). Did anyone encounter something similar ?

Going to give them a bit more time before flipping to 12/12.

all the best everyone & take care,

cc

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey chevy

they look great!

the ss's are over-all sensitve in everyway

med-man

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'll upload some pics with lights off asap.
The intense LED light doesn't really let one see too much other than giving one the feeling of beeing abducted by aliens hahaha.

cheers,

cc

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey everyone,
Here are the promised pics with lights off.

whole cab:

picture.php

I manipulated the plants quite a bit, the stem/ branch areas that I squeezed and bent and twisted have grown significantly thicker by now. You can see this on the plant in the lower right corner, but I guess I'm going to take another pic showing this more detailled next time.

here's a closeup:

picture.php

As I said they are in 1gal/ 3,8L root pouches now, however I postponed the blumat installation. I'll add them once they move into the flowering room. Right now they're drinking very little water. I feed them half strength hesi veg nutes (tnt complex, root complex, super vit& powerzyme). Dude they sure come up with some fancy names for the nutes ;-)
" ok, everyone step back and hold your breath we're about to mix in 5ml of POWERZYME into the water with enriched with TNT COMPLEX !!!"
Despite the fancy names they work, though.

Still sorting all my stuff after the big move...

take care & stay safe,

cc

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey chevy

they look great man. very uniform.

you use blumatts a while now?

med-man

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey chevy

they look great man. very uniform.

you use blumatts a while now?

med-man

Hey med-man,
No net yet, as I said I'll move them to the flower room first. At that point the blumats come into play.
Due to my unplanned moving into a new appartment, I gave them some extra time to get back to normal first.
I'll take cuts soon and then it's time for 12/12.

thanks& take care,

cc

Status
Not open for further replies.