What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Vertical vs typical horizontal

verllar

Hello, which one is better? What about how big is difference in yield, problems etc? :) Please say only if you did it. Thanks!

DunHav`nFun

Read HundredGram Oz`s and Marlo`s thread at the top of the menu in the "sticky" section.....

HGO and Marlo both are an excellent start to understanding the benefits as well as limiting factors for Vertical as well as Horizontal growing.....Good luck and...….

Peace.....DHF.....:ying:

• Love
Reactions: Gry

ButterflyEffect

I've been running vert for a little over 3 years now. Flip rooms with 2 donuts each. Each donut has 2 bare-bulb 315W CDMs stacked. Third room coming online in a few weeks.

Now I've made(and continue to make!) a shit ton of mistakes, but I'm also not sure if vertical is superior. I've run horizontal before, and I feel like the labor involved suits me better with vert.

As for yield, I still can't break .75G per watt, so I'm maybe not the best metric!

packerfan79

Veteran
Check out some of the stadium grows. Vert is pretty awesome. Vert can be higher yielding with proper training.

Earlmarne

Vert is cool. I started out a couple years ago running stacked 1k bare bulbs with 5 plants.
I have since switched to a standard horizontal scrog. I had the room so opted for that. If I ever found myself with a smaller room again I would not hesitate to go vert again.
I did not like moving my plants to get in and tie branches back when running vert.

Latest posts

Latest posts