What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Scrumpdilly Organico Soil Mix

wasgedn

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
your looking at it!!!!
i was wonderin if you want quit growing and living a jetsetlife after hittin the numbers hehe...lets call it languagebarier:)
[/FONT]

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
oh lol, nah i mean i do travel some but i dont like to leave the house if i can help it. honestly, i want to start a charity of some sort. other than that if i could do anything in the world, id do what im doing now just on a bigger scale.

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
thanks patman! its been a long time coming for me... not 25 years though lol.

heres a couple pics from my recent round in this bed. lights were set at 800w each so 1600w hps i got just shy of 3# so roughly .8gpw water only the whole time. no topdress or anything.
these went 70 days

picture.php

pink cheese

picture.php

blue dream

picture.php

glue close up

picture.php

Yo in the op you said just add water, does that mean you arent top feeding or using teas for that first run or are you adding teas as you go

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
this bed hasnt recieved any tea or top dress. i dont use teas usually and the only thing i top dress is seabird guano around week 5. sometimes ill throw some alfalfa or kelp or neem on the beds between rounds. not often though. ive only done this to the other bed once this year.

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
yes its white clover. the recipe and bed featured in this thread has only had 2 rounds done in it so far. the other bed that has my old soil in it has had 5 runs put through it no till style. i only focus on the newer bed in this thread because i dont know everything ive put into the other soil over the years and it would be impossible to replicate.

Cool i checked out your other thread both your beds look real dope, nice work brother! I may have to give this mix a try! Are you giving the dirt a rest befor planting the next round or just out with the old and in with the new?

And do you veg in the box or go from a light mix for babies and into your final mix for bloom. Is there a separate veg room i think you said you do a 3 week veg is that right? Im sifting through 40 or so threads right now i mix up info somtimes sorry.

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
thats cool man im happy to answer questions!

my veg area is a 5x10' gorilla tent, its in the same room with the flower area

i have a veg mix that is a light version of whats in the beds, but i honestly dont measure it very precisely or at all. (i dont really measure stuff anymore, havent for years. i just add what feels right. i did this recipe to emulate my buddy frank and shared it to give back to the community.) its the same base mix as flower but with less stuff. it only has kelp, alfalfa, symphony, mykos, lime and half strength neem and half crab. you could keep the same ratios on other stuff.

so heres a rundown of my schedule for 70 day strains...

i take clones 10 - 14 days after flipping a round. they are in the cloner for 10-14 days and then go into solo cups for 2 weeks.
after the cups they go into 1 gal rootmakers for 2-3 weeks or until they are needed/ready.
i run a perpetual so once they go into the beds its 12/12 for 10 weeks.
chop plants.... plants get wet trimmed and laid on racks in my room with minimal protection, so i wait until they are mostly dry and out of the room before transplanting... usually 7 days. then ill take the next round of 1 gals and drop them in as soon as they are ready.

Nice thanks for the info bro just skimmed through freedom 35 last few days good info thanks for being a part of the ic community and sharing so much iv learned alot! Decent!

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
thank you! its always good to hear that. i love knowing that my years of mistakes and rampaging can help others to avoid that mess.

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
most recent round in this bed came out to 1400g from 1500w hps. blue dream, water only. pics soon

PaulieWaulie

Veteran
Hey Nameless, long time fan and lurker here. I broke your recipe down to per cubic foot measurements. For me personally, I am just mixing small batches to experiment with and get my feet wet so 1 cubic foot is perfect. Maybe it will make it more accessible for others as well to try out in small applications. I don't do no-till beds, but I do plan on reusing my soil. Here it is, let me know if you want me to remove it ofcourse.

Amendments Per Cubic foot

*some measurements are slightly rounded for simplicity but are very minor differences

1/2 Cup Alfalfa
1/3 Cup Azomite
1/2 Cup Crab Meal
1/2 Cup Diatomaceous Earth
1/3 Cup Greensand
1/3 Cup Gypsum
5 oz Humic
2/3 Cup Kelp
1 1/2 Teaspoon Langbeinite
1/2 Cup Lime
1/2 Cup Dry Molasses
1 oz Mykos