What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Signs of salt build up? PICS included

I just transplanted from 1 gal to 3 gals and i notice the root ball was really small for 2 months. like barley even pot bound :?

Anyways heres the specs.

800 watts -> 400 hps 400 Mh
promix HP with 5-10% worm casting
3 gal square pots
Advanced nutrients grow mico bloom - ph perfect
19/5 light cycle.
1-2 tsb dolmite lime per galon of soil.
Watering with ph tap water at 6.? ph. i use the General Hydro drops and I look for a yellow color.

So.... After that.. what do you think is wrong with my plants? Grow SUCKS! super slow. NEW GROWTH is the affected area. OLD LEAVES ARE FINE.... New growth is all yellow and veiny and skinny.

My stems feel like wood! like i couldnt even clone theses plants if i wanted to.

Petules ( stem directly of the leaves) are red/ purple

I flushed 2 weeks ago and have just been giving water.
---> i think its somthing to do with the Promix SOILESS mix. like becoming to acidic from the peat or not having enough nutes ect.

S

sourpuss

no food no growth haha.... makes sense dont it??? I use that to stall my veging plants sometimes.... tops will grow out stunted and shitty most likely if they get any more yellow in the tops.... mowood 9n the money....

Bmac1

Veteran
4 Threads in 2 days asking the exact same question, getting proper advice from multiple sources, passing it off and asking again is a lot like trolling. That or being an askhole, google it.

We FIgured it out!!!!!!!!!!! PH IS WAY TO LOW. i wasnt letting the water sit in the pots long enough before testing the run off. like i would just keep dumping untill i saw runoff. test it. and it was always the same as my IN ph. NOW><..... this time i watered soaked the pot. but no run off. came back in 20 mins and watered till run off. GUESS WHAT??????? ph in was 7............. ph out..............5 ... dun dun dun!!!!!! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Sooo how do i go about fixing this? do i flush with just plain h20 or do i add like a 1/4 strength?

I also have a fishtank.... because i have so many rocks and coral in there.... ph is like 8.

good aged water for a flush from the fish tank?

or 7.8 ph out of the tap. Thing is i will not be able to age it. ( not enough bottles) so it will have some clorine in it. Im growing with salt based ferts so microbs are a huge deal.

Thanks for all your help guys!!!!

RonSmooth

Veteran
I dont see anything wrong with your plant. I think you are over reacting.

Just keep feeding them in the proper pH range, stop testing runoff. Stop looking for symptoms and your plants will get better. Stems are supposed to be tough, petioles are often reddish in hue, and it would be more concerning if your new growth was huge. It is new growth after all.

Hey guys.... So Im reviving this post... Plants are starting to look a little funky. they are on day 2 of week 2 of flower, and i want to get this nipped in the but before it gets to bad.

3 gal pots with Promix HP 1 tbl spoon of dolmite lime per container
advanced nutes grow micro bloom @ 2ML/L grow 4ML/L micro and 5ML/L bloom.
They were hit with bud bloom to at the flip.
1 tsb of blackstrap molassase

FEED-WATER-WATER But sometimes i replace a water. with a worm casting tea + humic acids. Black diamond from Gerneral Organics

Under 2 400watt lights. 1 hps 1 mh bare bulb no reflector. ( to minimize heat)
temps 77-79
RH % 65%

So what do you guys see? I do have a specific problem in mind. but i just know somethings not right.

Thanks so much for lending your time to my garden.

Respect and love from Canadian Harvest

Limolax

Hi there. I am just browsing. But could some one tell me what's wrong with those plants in the pictures. Do the plants look sick at all ?! I dont have much experiance but I like the way they look. So Canadianharvest what do you see on your plants to think they are sick? I mean if you wana describe your plants condition and sickness signs. Wish you all the best with your grow. I hope you get some killer bud. CheeeeerZ

Roll

A tad late but I guess I can chip in my 2 cents on the matter. My advice? Don't guess! Measuring is knowing.

Measure run-off water for EC. Mine was ~3 while advised for ~3rd week of veg in soil is 1.2-ish. I used 50/50 old/new soil and apparently didn't flush well enough last time and had fed them some fertilizer in the beginning, assuming most was depleted. My mistake.

Also feeding the plants water doesn't solve this problem! You are still stuck with excess ionized molecules that you MUST FLUSH out of your system or your plants may not recover from it. One of my five girls is showing serious stunted growth (not great clones to begin with) but I was LST-ing them at the same time so it was a bit harder to determine what to expect. That one girl was the weakest one of the clones to begin with though, and I had to take of 2 leaves early (week 1).

Then again, LST-ing in my case probably worked out for the better. The early investment in development of lateral shoots goes at the cost of root development and I had been foil feeding them every now and then in the beginning.

I'm using 33 liter air pots and it took about 30 liters of water to flush out the excess particles to satisfactory levels, hopefully not too late.

Granger2

Veteran
Canadian,
Not enough bottles??? You kidding? Don't you know how cheap 5 gal plastic buckets are? Quit killing your microbe buddies. Give your tap 24 hours to dechlorinate, then add MO [molasses] to neutralize chloramines that may be in your tap. Use a straight MO/EWC tea weekly. Brew till the pH right, then apply.

After that, use your chem nutes, which will not kill all your microbes. May kill some, but replenishing them weekly should give you a healthy soil. Prepare your tap into dechlorinated water for anything you apply to your plants. Good luck. -granger

Latest posts

Latest posts