What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What Do YOU do to stay Healthy..?

b3fr33

Vaporizing and eating it mainly nowadays, rather than smoking so much, and have noticed good health benefits, along with a relatively healthy diet and daily exercise

nukklehead

not to stir the pot (that much:biggrin:).. the fasting gig has a following.. been reading up on it and its science....

Not saying I want to try it though but you go right ahead and lmk
how that works for ya... lol

All interesting posts.. Wont post my lifestyle to keep from boring you but was always intrigued by the Ph stuff (see prior posts)...

then you see some people come out and swear by the cider vinegar routine. Man .. how much more acidic can one get..?

IDK.... Ive been in the medical field a long time ( non m.d but close lets just say) .. Ive seen too many non smoking 30 y/o die from cancer or heart disease and too many 90 y/o who still smoke and are cancer free.. (not copd or lung disease free btw:biggrin:) but they are cancer free.

This anecdotal ( non scientific by any means) evidence has kept me on the trail of " Its just genetics"

Your lifestyle can alter the timing of your disease, but in the end ,
if you are pre determined genetically to said disease.. you will
eventually get it... Now that isnt essentially a doomsday scenario for someone with bad genetics... I wont go further down this road..

One of my favorite quotes from an MD I worked with for a while is this "We spend the first 50 years trying to kill ourselves and the next 50 years trying to stay alive"

When he said that i ROFLMAO and said how true.. how true... :biggrin:

sticky367

I think that in combination with staying active and social (mental health), eating a diverse range of fresh foods, veggies, fruit, legumes, nuts, fish etc etc etc is vital (whenever possible). I think meat is okay. I don't think its practical or healthy to eat meat at every meal, or every day. most processed foods are out, same with some fish, or anything thats reasonably contaminated. Its hard to make these things all available for yourself. Preparing food and cooking takes a lot of effort and time. I heard someone say that fitness and health is not a destination but a journey. It has its ups and downs but the sooner you stop treating it as a place you reach once you down a smoothie and start thinking of it as a life long journey to maintain then you may find a balance that works in your life. I'm not sure that was a great way to explain it, and I'm not knockin smoothies...

Smoking tabacy and drinkin booz seem to be really bad hahah... Starting to realize this. I cant say that I'm the healthiest guy but theres been times that I've felt amazing from working at being healthy for a long time. I remember during a short stint in county an ex addict told me, 'This is how I get high now' during a work out. That kind of stuck with me. I try to think about that when I give up the vices and get in shape... it always pays off.

I dont know anything about gluten yet...so I eat that whatever it is. I just don't think you can go wrong with a diverse balanced diet. I kinda have an idea what that is from my own experience/ outside input but I try to listen to my body. Some people may have genetics or tolerances that are more specialized for certain diets so everyones different.

I think one of the reasons that home cooking is so great because when you share good food with someone its like, the gift of health. A subtle loving gift...you know when your mom cooks some good stew or your friends mom, whoever, you get it...

Scrappy-doo

raw apple cider vinegar actually regulates ph in the body. If you're too acidic it will make you more alkaline. If you're too alkaline it will make you more acidic.

It's only an acidic compound until you digest it.

DarthFader1

Veteran
Cool thread, this stuff is well & truly in my element :peacock:

First thing in the morning, i have half a freshly squeezed lemon into a large glass of luke warm water to help cleanse the liver.

Blueberry & Kale Smoothie

• 3 bananas
  • 1 cup of frozen blueberries
  • 1 handful of kale
  • 1 tablespoon Goji berries
  • 1 tablespoon flaxseed
  • 100ml milk or water
  • 350ml Organic Handcrafted apple yoghurt
This smoothie has been my standard select for a while now and it is the bees knees, especially when you get the consistency just right, the taste is amazing!

I invested in a indoor water rowing machine and its a game changer for cardio and full body workout. Go to waterrower.com if interested (no i do not work for them LOL).

Although i own a full olympic weight bench with all the bells and whistles i use them sparingly at best these days. I personally wouldn't go lifting heavy weights more than perhaps once or twice per week, it does take it's toll on your body. I have also found resistance based exercises using the human body such as pullups are extremely effective in building a solid core & upper body.

Regular deep breathing i find helpful & relaxing

Im a big fan of daily pull ups and pressups and vigorous stretching routines. Also do kickboxing few times a week. Alot of the warmup exercise you do in a muay thai class such as burpees, star jumps, squat thrusts, all these things are sooooooo god damn effective for building cardio and muscle density, and they all involve zero equipment just using the human body against itself. Its a pretty cool thing

Working the core is vitally important to longterm back & neck health imo. Do those core exercise every day, there are so many different one's just find a couple of different core exercises that you don't hate lol.

Don't want to offend anyone here but i LOL at muscle men fo real yo. When i was like 18 and i first started working out i wanted to be HUUUGE. Everyone does. Then if you get there after a while you realise being heavy and lumbersome sucks. Give me functional strength anyday. Muscle men, lol. Being ripped, toned and fit is where its at imo. I like veins popping out of my forearms because my cardio and blood flow is in peak condition. UFC kind of fitness, without the human growth hormones and TRT.

Last edited:

BudToker

Veteran
No more combustion. Vaporizer hits only ~99% of the time.
Daily morning meditation for Mindspace.
Give random gifts to friends for no reason.
Help out a stranger now and then.
Smile more often.
Tell people I appreciate them and give them genuine compliments.
Give lots of hugs.
Grow plants.
Travel.

I should throw in some more cardio in there somewhow. :)

-BT :smokeit:

SativaBreather

Veteran
just not long got a juicer, i know the pith and fibre of the fruits and veg are also beneficial and that there is more nutrition in the skin of an apple than the rest of it, but they are the bollocks, i love mine

had apple, pear, carrot, lemon, ginger and coriander this morning

also Honeygar is the nuts - apple cider vinegar and unpasteurised honey
nice with aloe vera juice and frankincense oil - tastes like satsumas

colloidal silver is my latest addition to the cabinet too, good stuff

meditation too - up at six most mornings

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
Edible Jelly Fungus - contains a unique cancer fighter, only iT has. Tastes like a bland mushroom, with a bizzare consistency. Found Mendo CA.

No more combustion. Vaporizer hits only ~99% of the time.
Daily morning meditation for Mindspace.
Give random gifts to friends for no reason.
Help out a stranger now and then.
Smile more often.
Tell people I appreciate them and give them genuine compliments.
Give lots of hugs.
Grow plants.
Travel.

I should throw in some more cardio in there somewhow. :)

-BT :smokeit:

Thanks Guys.. I had hoped that this premise would attract the more advanced people on ICMAG. And it has...

Cheers

sticky367

That fungus looks badass, last year when the rain started I went mushroom hunting by garberville, didn't pony up and eat anything but it was a pretty cool hike and the forrest was exploding with new life.

jd4083

Veteran
Hey Beaker, fruit is very good for human consumption and I can assure you it is full of vitamins and minerals, I have many raw vegan friends that eat only fruit diets. Where did you get the impression fruit is not that good for us? Vegetables are not better than fruit they are all equal... apart from a few that are acidic forming on the body. Fruit and vegetables hold different vitamins and minerals!

Peace brother :ying:
he's absolutely correct...if you're juicing you should be using things like fresh ginger to add the sweetness and flavor, not a bunch of fruit. The nutritional difference between the kind of stuff you are supposed to be juicing (like leafy, green vegetables) and fruits of any kind are enormous...not to mention that fruit is full of sugar...

DarthFader1

Veteran
Intermittent fasting.
Bike everywhere.
Eat Marmite.
Drink plenty of water.

I would take a second look at the nutritional info of marmite. It is PACKED full with sugar, this is a fact, so no not good for you.

Vegemite while not as sweet tasting (thanks to basically no sugar) is alot better for you.

stasis

Veteran
Paying attention to Gluten and the Thyroid/endocrine/pituitary/Liver/immune system/Intestines/Gut health. Best studying I ever did. Made such a difference on SO Many levels. I feel clearheaded and decisive, more than ever... Next I must tackle the sugar thing. Oh yeah... INDO BOARD...! When I hit Costa next year, I am gonna rip. Flat out.

sticky367

Paying attention to Gluten and the Thyroid/endocrine/pituitary/Liver/immune system/Intestines/Gut health. Best studying I ever did. Made such a difference on SO Many levels. I feel clearheaded and decisive, more than ever... Next I must tackle the sugar thing. Oh yeah... INDO BOARD...! When I hit Costa next year, I am gonna rip. Flat out.

Where did you learn about that? Can you shed some light on the subject or maybe a reference? I'm interested to know more.

Cannabliss88

Eat lots of fruits and veggies, whole grains and healthy fats. I'm not afraid to eat a half stick of butter minimum every day and I eat generous portions always.

I just made a stew with 3 pounds of 20% fat ground beef and veggies cooked in 2 sticks of butter. Basically lots of healthy carbs fats and protein as well as antioxidants.

Weightlifting but also eating fatty food then sleeping.

KingSkillz

I train RCJMachado Brazilian Jiu Jitsu 3 to 4 times a week for 1.5 to 2 hrs. I eat the best I can but there's room for improvement.

P

PinkFan

been eating unhealthy food for 20 odd years..and luved every minute of it.but my fitness is bad so i just started lifting weights and i am starting Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Class this weak..

sprinkl

Veteran
I don't really try that hard to be healthy atm as I feel pretty fit. I occasionally go running, maybe once in 2-3 weeks average, and have a physically intensive job. I don't drink much alcohol and when I do rarely end up drunk. Right now cannabis consumption is 1-2 joints in the evening. I try to get 7 hours of sleep every night but most of the time fail at that. I'm in very good health though, never had weight issues, rarely get sick, and when I do go to work anyway, haven't had a sick day off since school.

I eat as little processed foods as possible thus avoiding most sugars, transfat, msg, gluten, other chemicals and pesticides in the ingredients. A bag of chips every now and then, some chocolate. Rarely any sugared drinks. I do eat bread, as much whole grains as possible, never that twice baked shit from the supermarket but still, the white flour used is terrible stuff, I realize. I drink coffee from the supermarket. Pasteurized milk. Most of the meat we eat is raised on starch which isn't natural. Bio meat is too expensive and still raised on starch products, grassfed doesn't exist in our heavily populated country. I eat commercial vegs and fruits when we're out of homegrown which I realize are pesticide bombs. But bio is again too expensive and I don't trust those labels one bit. The mafia has a grip on the food supply and imports regular vegs and fruit, slaps a bio label on it and off it goes.

I really want to eat healthier but it takes time, money and just being able to get the good natural stuff. In my ideal world everything we consume is produced on our land, nothing comes out of a factory or supermarket. Someday...

stasis

Veteran
Where did you learn about that? Can you shed some light on the subject or maybe a reference? I'm interested to know more.

Mary Shomon - Dr Brownstein - A good place to start, learning about maintaining optimum Endocrine system health (metabolism, immune system).

Thanks for keeping it going Guys.