What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

the phish head thread!!

G

grapepunched

big cypress WAS phish
it was my first show, i was so young and went w/ my older brother...
ate some mushrooms and made a lot of money, i got schooled by my phamily
on how to work the lot real nice... what good times, i caught EVERY post hiatus show as well, though there weren't that many amazing ones, most just ok
with the exception of march 1st, 03 greensboro that show was the tits f'real
we got a barbershop quartet carolina, a YEM, a wilson, a divided sky, it was seriously an epic show, if you haven't heard it yet i suggest you pick up a copy of the show, it was one of my faves... coventry sucked but i had a good time.
i miss my phamily and hope phish get back to doing what they do best... touring!

-gp

southpaw76

That Greensboro, NC show was nice as well. However, the lot was brimming undercover po-po. As a matter of fact, right as I was buying some molly for me and my wife, not even 10ft away some dude was getting slammed onto the hood of a car and getting cuffed for selling. Then right after I grabbed my shit it started pouring rain. I guess luck was on my side that day :muahaha: ....

Oh, and as far as post Big Cypress epic shows:
Atlanta, GA. 6/22-23/2000 (on the 23rd they played quite possibly the most intense Tweezer I've ever witnessed).
Post hiatus New Years run in Miami, FL was incredible especially since me and my wife were still living there. How lucky was that, not only was Big Cypress practically in my backyard but then a couple of years later 4 nights in downtown Miami, it was meant to be :jump: :jump: :jump: .....

bluebublelove

the miami run was awesome. Bonner springs, it festival, miami, and then camden in 04 were the last of my enjoyable phish experiences I had out of the few shows I attended after the hiatus..I didn't make it to coventry, I guess I'm glad I didn't cause I didn't get left with that bitter taste.

D

dankbudz

best post hiatus shows were the 2 nites at cinci, 2-28-03 nassau, 3rd nite deer creek 03, star lake(best sho post hiattus), it, miami run everything else was mediocre...yes even greensboro...way overrated good show but nothing special. that drive from long island to greenaboro, NC was a bitch we never stop driving. longest drive from show to show post hiatus.

i didnt miss a show post hiatus

FallenBuddha

Chat Mod
Veteran
Phish tour, great music, and all the little idiots that made Dead tour suck at the end. You know the ones, they felt that because they were on tour that you somehow owed them something trying to rip you off at every turn. thank jah for the internet so i could just download them instead.

peace -fb

D

dankbudz

big cypress was phish at their best. it was the grand daddy of all phish shows

G

grapepunched

eh... Big Cypress was totally rawkin' but I wanted my heady Gamehendge Saga!!!
who's got my heady gamehendge saga showww? 143245!

1 for 3 2 for 5! get it? 143245
hahaha
heady gamehendge saga and cold fat tire or a cold saranac black and tan! long trail was my favorite too! heehee=)

-gp

DrLongbottom

Veteran
My first Show was 12/97 was gifted 2nd row aisle in front of Trey....great first live experience. Best show would of had to been the 3 night run at Deercreek 7/00, place turned into a non planned festival which made it so much more special...and oh ya we got the alt.chalkdust only time ever played. "WE ARE THE PHISH,....from Vermont!!" DLB

bubbleman

Veteran
Well i for one absolutely loved going to see phish any chance i could after my first show in 93 in vancouver.
tiny little venue, maybe 600 people, for me that was phish at its best.
dont get me wrong i enjoyed the big shows, and had some great times in the HUGE lots, but i also really enjoyed the random shows. LIke bangor main 94, where they played the 30 minute tweezer that ended up on A LIVE ONE.
Also had a great time in 94 at the GLENN FALLS HALLOWEEN SHOW, some epic fun was had that night. whoo hooo.

To many wonderful evenings with phish to mention them all thats for sure.

I hope trey gets his shiznits together and makes it back on tour with the boys. I know i am not done with seeing phish just yet.

one more tour one more tour ( but lets make it in asia or somewhere i can go, not the US lol)

peace
Bubble man

D

dankbudz

i love beeing close to trey in the crowd. he will look you straight in the eyes.....and no its not the L either. he's done it to me sober before. he'll look you in the eyes to get you off. at the pittsburg, pa trey show in summer 02 i had a sign that said moesha. i was like 10 feet back from him only one person between me and the railing. he played it like the 4th song in the first set. when it came to the part where he starts ripping it up he was looking me dead in the eyes....i was dancing and noticed it..he was just smiling and doing those "trey faces" and i stopped dancing and all i could do was just stand there and do a lil head nod. it really put me on another level.

U

ureapwhatusow

Oooh oooh
Step into space
Oooh oooh
Alter my place
Oooh oooh
That someone else made
Why I have stayed
Into things I could be
Or if I could see
Into fog that surrounds
And pins me to the ground

U

ureapwhatusow

i think we can all agree that our experiences were magical and we truely long for more

:: cues fluffhead

bubbleman

Veteran
Hey dankbudz, nice story dude.
I have also gotten phish to play a song holding up a sign like that.
It was in 95 in minneapolis. I photocopied HALEY'S COMET out of the encylopedia britannica, and basicaly made like 25 copies.
at the venue, i went down to the floor ( didnt have floor seats)
So i got stopped at the door and the lady asked can i help you. I said yeah the band wants me to hand these out to the front two rows.
She looks at, excepts my bluff, and says go ahead.
I run down to the front rows, and start handing out the haley's comet signs.
I end up sitting in the front row, cause one guy doesnt show up to claim his seat.
The first set did not play my song " haley's comet

1: My Friend My Friend, Possum, Guyute*, If I Could, Foam, The Horse-> Silent in the Morning, Poor Heart, Cavern

but played some great tunes non the less. Love my friend my friend, and possum, so very nice opening start.

By half way thru the first set, almost all my papers where on the ground. ( everyone did hold them up for almost the first song , as i had instructed them to do.)
However they all lost interest along the way.

Second set opener......HALEY'S COMET.

Now there is not a single sheet of haley's comets to be found on the ground. The heads are now using them to write set lists on, or just folding them up to put in their pocket as a collector.
I was sooo stoked to have gotten phish to play a song, i was in my own little space.
THe sweet sweet herb helped.

Here is set II from that show.

2: Halley's Comet-> David Bowie, Sweet Adeline, Lizards, Sample in a Jar, Slave to the Traffic Light

the reason i told this story, is because that bangor show i was at, also played a haley's comet, and it was the first and only time i had seen phish play it.
So i figured at my next show,, i would see if i could get them to play it again.
being phish of course they played it.

Thanks guys

Bubble man

UmphreyMcgee420

Heady Connoisseur
Veteran
Nice stories fellas. I haven't had phish play a song i want, but at Trey show i had a beach ball with gotta jibboo on it, and he did play it which was great. Hopefully we get a tour this summer and get what we all want,

MORE PHISH!!!!! :rasta:

D

dankbudz

ill use anything to write a setlist on. ive got a couple on pizza boxes i found laying on the ground. ive got some pretty nasty looking setlists wrotten on some nasty ass paper. ive got one on toilet paper from alpine valley. theyre TP is like note book paper...so it was actually pretty easy and didnt rip.