What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Double White Space??

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
I keep having to go back and edit my posts, because extra newlines are being added.

Is there a fix for this coming??

Douglas.Curtis

Firefox, Linux. I do, though this is the only forum doing it. I've noticed others complaining about whitespace issues on the site recently as well.

Douglas.Curtis

Firefox Quantum 61.0.1 doesn't seem to have that problem on windows. Is it maybe a linux issue?
Possible. I don't usually check what progs get updated, so it may have started with a recent update for Firefox. I'm on Ubuntu 18, and the problem only started a week or so ago. Tracking time is not one of my better skills. ;)

Douglas.Curtis

Yes, having to go back and edit additional lines of whitespace is annoying.

61.0.1 (64-bit) Firefox. Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS Linux.

Can I get a shout out from everyone having an issue with your Firefox version and Operating System Version please? :)
(edit: See the additional whitespace? I left a single empty line between each sentence before posting.)

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Actually I didn't check my post, it IS doing it. So it's something in firefox quantum 61.0.1 for sure. My bad. I might have been sober when I wrote that first post.

Douglas.Curtis

I've noticed this is still happening. I quit editing the whitespace on most of my posts. Bug hunting, if you haven't done it, is not the most awesomely stimulating task in the world. Not always the easiest either. ;) Thanks for looking in to it. :D

Also noticed: https://www.icmag.com/ic/search.php Does not allow clicking on the auto-name completion? I have to manually type the full name of a member.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Double spacing between lines.

Like this.

When you type it doesn't look like this but when you post, it inserts and extra CR to the end of each line.

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
Noticed it a while ago, I edit after I post.

I thought maybe the site is spoofed, but no way.