What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Electronic Music Thread...

wow great thread,

anybody 'round here into progressive house and trance? That stuff really really rocks my world. Sander Klienenberg is one of my all time favorites.

I also like a little Carl Cox from time to time, not very progressive though.

Nothing gets me fired up like a fiendish track from DJ Dizzy.

Has anybody heard of DJ Dizzy, btw? I'm always having a really hard time finding anything form this guy. He's from South Africa. Very dark progressive. He produces some hardcore stuff which I'm not really into but the 'Spectrum' series is all progressive and it's FN crazy.

Cheers,
Stoney

maya

Top of my list when it comes to music is a band called Ozric Tentacles. I highly recommend that anyone that listens to music whilst tripping check them out.

Alex-F

Traktor driver
Veteran
specialk said:
Nah its pretty new, some call it "house electro" some call it "rocktronica"

Its all good party music and i never heard it before 2005 for some reason. Maybe it was underground before?

Anyhow, i just typed electro and / or trentemoller into my bearshare and it came up with LOADS of electro sets, *rubs his fingers* should be interesting

Trentemöller is deffinately one of the most interesting artists at the moment :yes:

I pretty much order everything new by him or remixes he's done.

Check out Djuma Soundsystem - Les Djin (Trentemöller Mix) :sasmokin:

specialk

Dudes, i just listened no my new CD i bought last week: Creamfields mixed by Ferry Corsten.

And i must say its got one good tune on each CD... 2 in total, other just dont do it for me. 2 tunes from a double CD!!! Used to be 2 - 3 tunes on a CD that you dont like and everything else was top noch!

Anyway, what i was thinking for a while now, i thought i could produce my own music!

That brings me to the next question: what do you need to produce your own electronic music?? Can you do it on a computer? As far as i remember there were software packages desgined for that...

What else do you need? I think a good electronic keyboard is a must too? What else?

Last edited:

highonthechroni

C
Veteran
hi all :wave:

i am looking for links to download interesting trippy, hypnotic, chilled electronic.. with a beat preferably.. but not psy-trance.. some artists off the top of my head that i like.. arovane, plaid, some stuff from isan..

any ideas? :chin:

thanks! :yes:

Alex-F

Traktor driver
Veteran
^^ I think Bassbababa posted a link at the beginning of this thread to some German FTP site that hat tons of stuff on it :yes:

Alex-F

Traktor driver
Veteran
Go for Reason if you've got the money (or connections :D) :yes:

Rebirth is also fun to play around with :wink:

Tokabowl

Yea specialk, FL is fun to use, it is simpler than reason and generally easier to manipulate, but tbh, Steinberg's Nuendo 3 is where its at now thats some badass software. You should also look out for this VST (synth plugin): Legacy Cell (from Korg Legacy Collection)
:2cents:
Have fun! :yes:

specialk

Dudes, i really want to produce music. I got talents, what i could do, i often listen to tunes and note how its good character and melody but it simply hasn't been developed to the fullest potential and in my head i play it out as it should be.

Its about time i got a keyboard and some software and started playing with this for real :)

Any good keyboards out there?

Im gonna produce my own tunes and do remixes too. Then i want to play gigs all around the world and be invited to all the cool parties.

All kinds of talanted people will want to work with me too!

Ohh yeah DJ/producers life is so much more exciting. I should have gone to college to study this shit.

Last edited:

specialk

LOL

When i was little my dad used to push me to go to music school, yeah i did piano lessons for about 3 years. But playing classical music never really inetersted me, with dance music its a whole new story, i feel like my piano lessons are gonna pay off!

Alex-F

Traktor driver
Veteran
If you really wanna do this you should get yourself a Mac first off. There's nothing worse than spending all night on a break and then loosing it to a software crash :badday:

Then get Reason to start off with. Not sure if that runs on a Mac, we run Reason on a PC and then convert it to Logic on the Mac for mastering :yes:

Alex-F

Traktor driver
Veteran
Oh yea, for people after downloading music, check out www.themixingbowl.org

Great site for DJ mixes :yes:

highonthechronic, check out the Tiefschwarz, James Holden, Nathan Fake & Karotte mixes on there, that's what I play nowadays :sasmokin: