What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Electronic Music Thread...

GoodbyeBlueSky

does industrial count as Electronic? Nine Inch Nails!!!!

otherwise, i highly suggest Thom Yorke's (singer from radiohead) new solo album... very trippy stuff

but then i'm biased towards electronic music that leans toward the more traditional song format (verse chorus verse)...

G

^Yeah, "The Eraser" is great!
Its been in the car all week, "and it rained all night" is the song that i keep playing over &over

Alex-F

Traktor driver
Veteran
Saw Basement Jaxx play as warm up before Robbie Williams last week, they were quite good :yes:

genkisan

Cannabrex Formulator
Veteran
I likum the old school.....

Kraftwerk
Tangerine Dream
Ozric Tentacles
Gary Numan
Tangerine Dream

Dr. D

Veteran
Hey Alex hows it goin mate?
Im into Acid Techno mainly most of the stuff i have is on tape from the old Helter Skelter Dreamscape and Dance Planet raves but lately i have been listening to Dave the Drummer and Chris Liberator im dowloading some more of there stuff at this moment along with some stuff by The Producer...im not very up to date with Acid Techno artists can anyone help me out with any artists so i can download some more new stuff? Thanks
Nice thread btw mate

Alex-F

Traktor driver
Veteran
Hey D :wave:

Check out www.themixingbowl.org they have loads of the old Helter Skelter & Dreamscape Mix Tapes to download :D

The Libarators are allways good. We used to have partys with them back in Salisbury. The good old days hey :wink:

Che Bleu

Alex-F said:
Che Bleu, I'll have a bit of Plasticman please :yes: The Loco Dice record I posted is out on Richie's label :wink: You're not from Germany aswell are you?
I started my life as a Berliner , mooved to France later :)
Plastikman's "Artifakts" is one of my all time favorites...
Did anybody mention U.R. ?
Saw them live,as a band a few month ago, Mad Mike at the keybords was awesome...
I use to listen to the moskovite deepmix.ru stream a lot , recomended if you like minimal...

branwithoutclaw

im sorry but techno and all that stuff is so one dimensional. not much songwriting involved it seems. im not putting anyone down its just not my thing, reminds me of ecstasy and that gives me this weird anxiety feeling.

i like hip-hop type electronic with nice beats and trippy "IDM" type stuff.

Matmos, 13 & God, Aphex Twin, Autechre is alright, Boards of Canada, boom bip, dangermouse, the gorillaz, dj shadow, Mum, Mouse on Mars, Machine Drum, brian eno, black moth super rainbow, bjork, and soo many more i cant think of. all of these artist deserve a check out, they are up there in my opinion bank.

check out machine drum www.myspace.com/machinedrum its sooo good
the album Bidnezz is pretty sick. myspace will only give you an idea of the sound.

ooh and some stuff i made www.myspace.com/hahahaetc sort of going for some jazz ish type sleepy time stuff but i havent really define "my sound" er taken beyond just having fun.

peaaace

somoz

Veteran
Hmm...Music is such a slippery slope.......i think you listen to crap you think i listen to crap.......who's taste is better? that is the question........well in order to grasp the amount of "new" and just "awesome" music you have to draw upon numerous sites imo............and you have to have some taste......so lets see what flavors i fancy

pitchforkmedia.com
tunes.co.uk
liquidgeneration.com/their music blog section
etc

the new shit that has been kickin around

ratatat....follow up record to a pretty impressive debut titled "classic"

mstrkrft......the chaps from death from above.........if you like jams they have em

whitey........great album what more can i say...but this is old..in the sense more than a year

annie

professor murder....brand new ep........it parties....especially the last track

fort knox five....the raid

skeewif...more funk but still fun

flosstradamus.....representing chicago

spank rock

alan braxe......he has some real jams......let's get high remix of benj diamond is a keeper

brazillian girls.....pussy pussy pussy marijiuana......what more needs to be said.....haha......check it out

then there's always mizz kitten and felix da house cat.....a chicago native again..........

anywho: lots of music in my digital storage: hope some of you can get into the above mentioned........

somoz

mmm.

Anything on the now defunct Fuel record label.
Kruder and Dorfmeister 'K&D Sessions' is a modern clasic.
The new Gotan Project 'Lunatico' albums a good'un.
Depth Charge's 'Nine Deadly Venoms'
Hot Chip anyone?

somoz

Veteran
Yeah: that K&D sessions are a jem......i agree. Just saw Hot Chip a couple of nights ago: Their videos party but their live show is just kinda weird....in a not so great way.....Don't know the Gotan project, I'll check it out........ any of you guys on the soul seek?

yeah mate, electronica doesn't exactly lend itself to good live shows imo. Kraftwerk had the only origional idea in that respect... just stand there and try not to show emotion/movement.

I'm probably wrong tho...
Who's seen some spankin' live electronica?

G

i'm not really into the whole live electronica live set thing but i've heard many a great live dj set.

Latest posts

Latest posts