What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pink floyd.....Epic

Ph-patrol

Veteran
Shine on you crazy Diamond

Shine on you crazy Diamond

Hey Gry the lights were shining on you that day.
Right place right time. I'm shore you hold that memory dearly. Front row Wow Im glad you had the cash to pull off the score of the century.
As far as the Kiss thing they do have a following????That being said I'm feeling you on that topic .LOL

Gnome thanks for the Heads up on the Art work not coming through I have no bleeping Idea why.

2nd try

echo1031

Is anyone familiar with Tom Stoppards, Darkside ? Its a BBC radio play that incorpated The Dark Side of the Moon.

Ph-patrol

Veteran
Dark side

Dark side

Is anyone familiar with Tom Stoppards, Darkside ? Its a BBC radio play that incorpated The Dark Side of the Moon.

Is he a radio personality/author that's going to speak over Dark Side?
Really not sure what its all about, But interested if its good and the remanding members support his project.

Man I love walking the beach in the rain listening to dark side by my self. It is a peaceful centering experience that I cherish.

M

moodster

I love the division bell and meddle with echoes and one of these days amazing !

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
have you checked out the Easy Star All Stars take on Darkside Of The Moon?

Ph-patrol

Veteran
Rasta

Rasta

have you checked out the Easy Star All Stars take on Darkside Of The Moon?

Yes GreyS some other members threw out the link and I was surprised on how much I enjoyed it.
Kinda thought at first that I would snub it for messing with things that should not be messed with, but it actually got me thinking about Floyd doing an album were all of dark side is performed by other Bands and musicians.
Just a thought :rtfo:

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
nice!
after I posted I went back thru the thread and went DOH! already posted...

they also did a cover version of Radiohead called Radiodread that is pretty crip
And they did some Beatles stuff too that I enjoy.
The Michael Jackson stuff...ehhh...

I want to get a nice set of headphones so I can turn the lights out dab dab dab and have a properly intended Floyd session.

Ph-patrol

Veteran
Shine on

Shine on

picture.php

Ph-patrol

Veteran
New album in the works

New album in the works

'THE ENDLESS RIVER'

Pink Floyd can confirm that they are releasing a new album, The Endless River, in October 2014. It is an album of mainly ambient and instrumental music based on the 1993/4 Division Bell sessions which feature David Gilmour, Nick Mason and Richard Wright. The album is produced by David Gilmour with Phil Manzanera, Youth and recording engineer Andy Jackson. Work is still in progress, but more details to come at the end of the summer.

Any thoughts on Pink Floyd 1st project in 20 years?

MJBadger

Veteran
There is a bit more to the new album I think , I`ll find my link & come back .

Been a fan of Pink Floyd since the Wall , The Pink Floyd & Syd Barrett were a bit to phycadelic for me , Syd`s influence I suppose .
Had an ex girlfriend that used to like making love during the whole of Dark Side , in fact one night we heard it twice LOL .

See them in 88 ? at Docklands arena & Earls Court on the Division Bell tour . ACE

Ph-patrol

Veteran
My real question is weather or not Roger Waters will be involved with the album. They seem to have a huge rift between them and that may just be impossible for them to create music amicably.
As far as David Gilmores Wife Polly tweeting the news of the album prematurely, I thought about it and it smells fishy. If David and roger were writing or creating the album together I would feel it was a legitimate Leak.

Last thing is will roger water tour with the band after the album release

Vivianna

Ooooh, babe
Don't leave me now.
Don't say it's the end of the road.
Remember the flowers I sent.
I need you, babe
To put through the shredder
In front of my friends
Ooooh Babe.
Dont leave me now.
How could you go?
When you know how I need you
To beat to a pulp on a Saturday night
Ooooh Babe.
How could you treat me this way?
Running away.
I need you, Babe.
Why are you running away?
Oooooh Babe!

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
There is a bit more to the new album I think , I`ll find my link & come back .

Been a fan of Pink Floyd since the Wall , The Pink Floyd & Syd Barrett were a bit to phycadelic for me , Syd`s influence I suppose .
Had an ex girlfriend that used to like making love during the whole of Dark Side , in fact one night we heard it twice LOL .

See them in 88 ? at Docklands arena & Earls Court on the Division Bell tour . ACE
hey mj,,,,,I wondered if thats the tour my friend attented at earls court when the stage fell down! ?,,,,,it happened very quickly and nobody was hurt,,,,mate had eaten an 8th of afghani an hour before the gig and said he didn't see anything just heard a commotion lol,,s2

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
am I the only person in the forums who finds Pink Floyd's music full of depressive energy?

can't stand them... or rather, I find their intensity pretty funny hehehe...

flame on :D

edit: however, I think their Pompeii video is really good, and in that video, their use of synths and samplers to be revolutionary, in that sense I respect them, but aesthetically I just don't like them.

MJBadger

Veteran
hey mj,,,,,I wondered if thats the tour my friend attented at earls court when the stage fell down! ?,,,,,it happened very quickly and nobody was hurt,,,,mate had eaten an 8th of afghani an hour before the gig and said he didn't see anything just heard a commotion lol,,s2

Hi 944 , yes it was , we went 2 days after the seating collapsed , rang Earls court lunchtime & they told us that it was sorted so we had a great night . :laughing:

the gnome

Veteran
'THE ENDLESS RIVER'

Pink Floyd can confirm that they are releasing a new album, The Endless River, in October 2014. It is an album of mainly ambient and instrumental music based on the 1993/4 Division Bell sessions which feature David Gilmour, Nick Mason and Richard Wright. The album is produced by David Gilmour with Phil Manzanera, Youth and recording engineer Andy Jackson. Work is still in progress, but more details to come at the end of the summer.

Any thoughts on Pink Floyd 1st project in 20 years?

any new music from PF or dave-roger is always a good thing in my book and hopefully they'll tour.
i missed gilmores on an island tour and I'll kick myself tomorrow and the next day and the next day...
even more so when rick passed

I really think it's slim roger and dave will collaborate on any music given the events that ensued when gilmore, the last one still working with roger if you can call it that finally left and he and the rest of the band
decided to keep it going minus roger.

dave and roger have been on civil speaking terms for some time now
and they did do the O2 show and live 8.
so a chance there something may come about between the two.
time is s great healer

personally, massive as it would be if dave, nick and roger worked again
with the passing of richard it will be like zepplin without bonzo.
rick and bonzo were such an irreplacible part of the music,
like a broken plate, it can be glued back together but it will never be the same
you can put it back together

Latest posts

Latest posts