What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

RIP "no" vote

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
HOLY SHIT
after much debate...
i see that the "no" (not helpful) option is gone in lower right of each post.....

I personally always enjoyed seeing posts with false info or lots of ego or attitude with lots of "no" votes (gave me a chuckle). I always thought it would be funny to see the posts with the most "no" votes of all time.
altho many hated it, mostly because it was anonymous (i've seen DHF absolutely railing against it lately, probably for good reason)

But now it's gone, and im wondering.... is it gone forever?

Snype

Veteran
LOL! Don't tell me that you didn't see that coming! People get so bent out of shape about reps. I don't believe that the neg reps will be back. Too much hassle for staff when people probably complain to mods all day about a neg rep. So now instead of an anonymous neg rep, you get nothing. I'm surprised it took this long to get rid of them. I liked the idea if you get like 10 neg reps in 1 post that it's an automatic ban. Let's have something like that!

VonBudí

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ
Veteran
please bring it back

no vote was so handy when looking for info it was like a TLDR, it instantly told you if the post was worth reading, factual, saved time and indicated if it/subject was worth doing more research.

it would be funny to see the posts with the most "no" votes of all time.

if the no vote is gone for good id donated money for a trophy to be made and be presented to greenhouse at the ic420 cup, hands down the most downvoted were the white widow father threads

the passage of such a contentious feature deserves to be immortalized in cheap chinese glittery plastic, preferably with sharp edges and not child safe.

pappy masonjar

Veteran
Life needs balance. They should've gotten rid of it all together before they eliminate just the "unhelpful" vote.
I understand some losers were occasionally "abusing" the system, but they should have just made it so it wasn't anonymous anymore.
I personally like the Rep system just the way it was. Sometimes ill say stuff that i dont realize how dumb it is. I need people to tell me when im being an idiot! :biggrin:
Ive probably only "unlikes" maybe 2 posts ever, but i really dislike not having that option.

I feel like this is the wussification of ICMAG. sorry, but i do.
Tough skin is a good thing to have.

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
Bring it back in the growing forums, disable rep completely everywhere else. All my rep is from the Den, so I'm advocating no more rep for me, but I think that would be better. I didn't want neg rep gone, I just wanted people to have the sand to "Say it to my face".

At least I'm not being driven bananas by anonymous negs.......

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
also i think it's fair to note that the "no" vote was NOT the same as neg.rep, am i correct? isn't rep the lil scales in the bottom left of each post..... and NO vote did not add to neg rep it just added to the "no" rating in the thread.....

sad to see it go myself...

Snype

Veteran
It does suck to see it go but it did make some people upset. I can only imagine how many members PM mods about neg reps or something that a user said and so on. I doubt that the mods want to have to deal with issues like that all day. That's probably why they got rid of it. But why not get rid of the whole thing then. Well TBH, there's no reason to get rid of they yes vote because it could never cause any tension with anyone. Maybe the no vote was like a secret way of legal trolling here. The site has gone through some changes lately. I'm always interested to see what's going to change tomorrow. It's still my favorite site regardless.

Skip

Veteran
also i think it's fair to note that the "no" vote was NOT the same as neg.rep, am i correct? isn't rep the lil scales in the bottom left of each post..... and NO vote did not add to neg rep it just added to the "no" rating in the thread.....

sad to see it go myself...
You can still give neg rep using the scales under everyone's name. but now those who receive neg rep will know who did it! :)

No more anonymity for trolls.

Oh, btw, the scales count many times more than the helpful posts do towards rep points.

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
You can still give neg rep using the scales under everyone's name. but now those who receive neg rep will know who did it! :)

Oh, btw, the scales count many times more than the helpful posts do towards rep points.

Am I right in thinking that, with the scales, someone with a large rep bar and lots of points, gives/takes away more rep when they pos/neg rep someone, compared with someone new with a small rep bar and not very many points?

Losing the anonymity is good

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I had my first 'helpful answer' 'negative rating' yesterday from the disabled facility.

You can still disapprove of what is being said and cus someone down hard on their My IC for being a douchbag which is what is most important.

Now the weasel faggots can't hide and can still be maliciously disapproved of every comment when trying to talk shit.

There are a lot of people scared of their own shadow on Ic mag and people who have ego issues, and complex's about their opinions, these are the winey bitches or 'Wives' of the forum. We know who they are and people can see who they are, Just because you had a perfect reputation with your little crew don't mean that science or fact can't disapprove of something you feel strongly about and make you look a dickhead, shame on you for being narrow-minded this is a public forum.

VonBudí

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ
Veteran
an excellent opportunity to showcase my new solution

never understood why the majestic weasels name is used as an insult, strictly as an animal lover thats a no vote for you sir

picture.php

i relinquish all copyright of my creation and much like a dignified weasel sliding into water I open my art work to public usage

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
VonBudi is a pacifist who wishes to express some humanitarian issues by trolling the forum with his faggot attitude towards the new rules, I suggest a ban for being a whip and using his mis-sighted aggression to cause flame towards me and thus breach the TOU. Do I need quote the particular sanction or is he allowed to be an arse!

Adjective - Weasel -

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
we are allegedly supposed to be building a community here after all....if someone post misinformation about growing it seems better for everyone for you to refute the false information and be prepared to defend your point in the thread so everyone has a chance to compare the two viewpoints on a topic....you know,discussing things like rational adults? isnt that sort of what this site is about?

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You can't have a rational conversation with a member who isn't following the normal rules of a particular argument, and being a Bitch! You cannot have a informative conversation about horticulture without knowing the fundamental principles and having qualifications as the information is hard to digest and causes some futile dispute. Therefore the threads are long winded with flames and differences of opinion, facts are facts. I like to try get to the bottom of things rather quickly.

paulo73

Convicted for turning dreams into reality
Veteran
All this thing about the bad use of the "No" vote became a very sad show imho.
How can so many members be so offensive in the open without any kind of repercussions?
They moan about some bad rep but then they offend everyone on the open based on some dodgy confrontational idea that all the opposition to our ideas must be explained and personally addressed...WTF?!?!
Are you guys for real?!?!?
What if i just feel like not giving any explanation and only rate your post?
From now on ALL my negative rep will NOT have any comment.
I really feel for all you guys soooooooooo damn touchy, have a pipe and make some sweet love to see if it all mellows out.

Peace out to all lovers&haters

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
Beep beep the noob bus is here!

Best nutes = miracle grow

Best strain = low ryder

For the best yields use cfls

Im with pappy, this is the wussification of the world. Bad info, annoying people and bad attitudes deserve unhelpful answer ratings. It probably would have been better to put a limit on it so you couldn't be neg'd 20 times in a row instead of getting rid of it all together

Learn to hash it out like adults.

pappy masonjar

Veteran

Yes but it was nice to be able to see from a glance which posts are probably way wrong. If a post has 0 out of 10 likes, and lets say im a completle newbie, i would know that that info is probably shit.
The ratings helped me personally when i was brand new to the site. And i'm sure i am not the only one.

Why cant everyone just use the damn system properly. No anonymity necessary. Bring it BACK SKip! plz

Paulo, i personally didnt like the anonymity. Im not saying i want everyone to explain themselves, everytime i got a dislike. But i do think it would have stopped the few immature, petty wierdo's who were using the rep system as spite. And if that stopped, IC prolly wouldnt have felt the need to eliminate the "unhelpful" option.

HIDING, its so funny you did that. I was thinking of making a similar point. Posting up some whack info. Fuk it, let the bad info abound. Sort it out yourselves newbs. Good Luck!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.