What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

WARNING! Other MJ Forums Hacked!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Im glad I dont visit those sites very often been months since I visited them. Just ran my antivirus im clean :)

Last edited:

streetslang

read on riu that hacking was done by a anti drug reliqious group? never got a virus from TF but ive gotten em from GC and RIU.

Ganja baba

Veteran
i run a mac at home so i dont worry about any virus , but my work computers are pc and they drive me mad , the other day i was looking for flat ducting and the work computer was over taken by a fake antivirus thing , it closed down all my apps and then said it has detected every imaginable nasty you would not want on your computer ,then it said i should pay 60 bucks to fix it , worms , trogens , remote loggers the lot ,

we use norton anti virus , can any one tell me if my norton is capable of removing the virus , it says it has removed um but is this likely ?

its all very scary for none pc savy users

pugnacious

Ive been around since the OG days. I have accounts on pretty much every grow forum. The fact is all grow sites have ton of information. When one goes down with years of information its bad for everyone. I dont play into that whole hometeam hype. Every forum has there retards and bad apples. I hope RIU recovers most of there info.

kaotic

We're Appalachian Americans, not hillbillys!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hitman pro has removed rootkits for me that most other top av programs didnt even detect.

ganja_hasi

natural mystic
ICMag Donor
Veteran
SKIP I sent an email this morning about a IC thread I am subbed to. However, I am unable to access it now. Neither can I locate the thread in my subbed list.

Here is a copy of the IC email notification of comment made to thread I am subbed to:

You are subscribed to the thread "Led Test" by Pitt Bully, there have been 1 post(s) to this thread, the last poster was Pitt Bully.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=219831

These following posts were made to the thread:

I tried again just before seeing this thread. What's up with this?

Please PM me

most likely this thread is gone :tiphat:

BlueCheer

Back in the old days, it was always about security. Being, and feeling secure in your own enviroment, is a part of Freedom! When your feeling compromised it is a sick feeling. Because no one wants to go to jail or get ripped off.

Thanks Skip for keeping this place a home!

Cheer

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
most likely this thread is gone :tiphat:

They may have eased up on breeder and other sites to buy seeds from... but they're still strict prohibitionists when it comes to products by people that aren't paying advertising.

Think a sec, eh? LOL

Stay Safe! :tiphat:

smoke1sun

What Goes Around Comes Around. But Am I Comming Or
Veteran
Malwarebytes has a good free version to remove roots, trojans, and so on.

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
so question for you skip...
if i havent logged in over there for a while is it safe to go over and change the pws?

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
Best to change your PW here if your using the same as over there I recon.

I'm not a member at TF or RIU but have visited TF recently both on my Mac machine and Ubuntu box. Do I have anything to worry about or was this strictly a PC virus?

I stopped worrying about viruses and trojans years ago after having ditched windows. I know the ubuntu machine is probably unaffected but I'm worried about my mac.

I've been to TF within the last week and seen the maintenance page up today.

roll it large

Coco-grower
Veteran
That explains my virus then after a quick google search for something i clicked on a link to tf and it redirected me somewhere else took me a whileto actually grt off the page

Iuse a different user name and password there so i should be ok

I removed the infections too

Peace

catalyte

Veteran
weird stuff!

Thnx for the heads up Skip!

ps. anyone have a good root kit scan for mac they can recommend?

Skip

Veteran
Things like this are good reminders to everyone to back things up, check their own security, and beware if something doesn't seem right. Alert the admins or mods esp. if you get taken to a strange site you didn't click on.

Let's hope all the infected sites have taken the necessary steps to fix it.

Skip

Veteran
so question for you skip...
if i havent logged in over there for a while is it safe to go over and change the pws?
I'd suggest using a proxy for awhile, and yes do change passwords on other sites, esp. if it's been a long time (for everyone). Run an anti-virus first if you haven't.

The infected sites might consider forcing ppl to change their pwds to be safe.

serious6

as a former vBulletin tech i know that it was over run by the D.E.A. several years ago and there was a trial over it. stay away from TMF - themarijuanaforum as members got trojens there about 6 months ago. i had to do a full PC recovery, antivirus dump and then CD reload. R.U.I i understand but what is TF?

watch out for autoflower.net and open-grow; san nie think he was banned from here and st itch as well as BCBD

legends copycat forum, beware of an ISREAL based forum offering great genetics at next to nothing costs as well.

S

SeaMaiden

I think Skip means THCF (THC farm).
The only people that have anything to really worry about are the ones who have paid for memberships with that site. Everybody else, myself included, needs a spyware scan and a bong hit.

We can agree to disagree...far worse things have happened and I don't like to worry unnecessarily, that's all. Just throwing in my $.02...thank you for the tip either way, and I don't mean that sarcastically.
That explains why nothing but a message saying they'll be back shortly is all that I get. I'm running Linux, only see a page with a message saying they'll be back shortly.

I don't think I need a spyware scan, but I WILL take you up on that bong hit!
Best to change your PW here if your using the same as over there I recon.

I'm not a member at TF or RIU but have visited TF recently both on my Mac machine and Ubuntu box. Do I have anything to worry about or was this strictly a PC virus?

I stopped worrying about viruses and trojans years ago after having ditched windows. I know the ubuntu machine is probably unaffected but I'm worried about my mac.

I've been to TF within the last week and seen the maintenance page up today.
IIRC, Macs use OSX, which is yet another flavor of Linux. Something tells me the hackers have only targeted Windows users.

What Ubuntu are you using? My machine died over a year ago, I'm tired of Fedora on this other (home server) machine I've been using, but it's been so long, so very long, such a long, long time since I've seen Ubuntu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts