What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Current values for Chong Glass??

berbes

i am re-resurrecting this dead-thread. what are chong bongs worth TODAY? i have a 20 year old never used 18" bong like the one pictured in reply #14 autographed by the man hisself. i'm interested to see how it is as an investment vs. gold :).

and no i'm not selling. it's just difficult to take it on the 'Antiques Road Show' on PBS for an appraisal.

UPDATE: Just did more clicking and found a few glass bid sites and today, it goes for anywhere from $2k-$7k.

wow. posted and answered my own q in less than an hour!

Last edited:

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
i am re-resurrecting this dead-thread. what are chong bongs worth TODAY? i have a 20 year old never used 18" bong like the one pictured in reply #14 autographed by the man hisself. i'm interested to see how it is as an investment vs. gold :).

and no i'm not selling. it's just difficult to take it on the 'Antiques Road Show' on PBS for an appraisal.

UPDATE: Just did more clicking and found a few glass bid sites and today, it goes for anywhere from $2k-$7k.

wow. posted and answered my own q in less than an hour!

You can't really compare something like that to gold. Gold has a globally recognized value. Plus it's value isn't based on being a disappearing commodity because it's no longer being made. I'm pretty sure they still mine for gold in certain regions. I know there was a gold mine in South America recently that was active.

Also virtually everyone values gold but globally speaking people who would value "Chong Glass" is a fairly small percentage.

sittnonmyass

sacred chong piece

sacred chong piece

Here is a nvs / Chong made over 10 years ago. Appraised 2-7k. I'd your a serious collector and your interested email me at dub2theface@gmail.com or contact me on ig @sittn_on_my_ass.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-01-10-14-44-04.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-01-10-14-44-04.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot_2015-12-27-22-35-38.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-12-27-22-35-38.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot_2015-12-27-22-33-28.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-12-27-22-33-28.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot_2015-12-27-22-33-24.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-12-27-22-33-24.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 23

shithawk420

Veteran
Get the fuck outta here for a 7000 chong bong.they arent even that great.i could get a custum made toro for 1000

Hab0010

Anybody on here know how much a strawberry model tommy chong bong is worth? It's pre raid bong I've had for a very long time

shithawk420

Veteran
A dick? Really? We need more details than that Tony! All the bs he's been through its not surprising he'd be a dick sometimes

soundman

I met Tommy Chong, he was a real dick, maybe it was a bad day ha!

A dick? Really? We need more details than that Tony! All the bs he's been through its not surprising he'd be a dick sometimes

Must have been a bad day. I have met him a few times and he was always cool. He does owe me a video for some bud I gave him.
Maybe he is a little bit of a dick :)

I have a picture of him trying to stick my face in his crotch. Also some nice autographed shirts.

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
yeah he was probably tired of dealin with all the asshole fans to be fair ha!

Another time my guy took his chong bong to a book signing and tried to get a "hello my name is" sticker signed for the bong
but I guess Tommys people were like he is only signing the book ha.

Anyway here is some pics of the glass!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=48469

shithawk420

Veteran
its a nice bong.too bad its not all glass on glass.do you know how thick it is Tony?my guess is 3mm at the base and maybe 5mm at the neck

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
my boy broke the slider, thats a replacement ha!
Ill check out the thickness whenever i go over there again.

edit: yer probably spot on, the neck anyway, its real thick got some girth, you feel kinda wrong hitting it heh. Thick lips for sure.

shithawk420

Veteran
LOL not a bad replacement actually! im not too worried about it Tony.i used to be a glass head but ive broken too much glass to give a damn.its never a question of if its a question of when if ya know whar i mean! LOL

theJointedOne

Veteran
As a strictly 'heady' glass collector, ive learned that like so many other 'things' in life, its monetary value is only what someone will pay for it, nothing more nothing less.

shithawk420

Veteran
true that Tony! your a heady collector Jointed One?what artists pieces do you have?ive always liked J.P and the FYC gang.little rich for my blood though

theJointedOne

Veteran
true that Tony! your a heady collector Jointed One?what artists pieces do you have?ive always liked J.P and the FYC gang.little rich for my blood though

Darby Holm is my favorite. Ive got 2 of his, both never used mint condition.

Dellene Peralta is also one artist who's aesthetic I really enjoy. I have a nice bubbler by her.

Kevin Murray is great. My daily driver is a small push bubbler from him.

I also have a badass Freeek piece.

I collect only flower pieces, no dab rigs. Push bubblers are my jam.