What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DANGER! GLASS WEED

sandsmp81

Veteran
Peeps are doing this again,, friend of mine picked up a q that looked like a 8 last week.. and it was 100% sprayed in the classic glass bead style :yummy:

Please god not again, that was a fucked up time for herb smokers, it must of done some right damage to people.

The amount of people I warned who just carried on smoking was crazy, some people just can't help themselves and pretended it wasn't happening.

I was lucky to get a tip from a friend in Germany about a month before it started appearing in my area of the UK (can't remember the year? 2007?).
They basically said the weight won't look right and it crunches in your mouth.

This had come at an unfortunate time for us as our main grower had recently took his own life, and we had to start sourcing elsewhere.

I actually gave up for a while until I knew the source and supply was known, so we knew it wasn't tainted.

I heard all-sorts of stories about where it had originally started, supposedly some Dutch gangs spraying silica on the crop, but who knows?
I'm sure loads of others started doing it once they knew about it, then I was hearing different variations like a sugar spray, that brix plant additive etc etc.

I really hope this is not coming back as it was a really dark time and people's health is at risk.

sandsmp81

Veteran
sure, inhaling anything isnt healthy but shit it doesnt "burning hot silica particles that burn holes in your lungs!" the shit you used to hear on the street, or read on forums

i was searching for proof, actual pictures or test results, and i could not find enough examples to count on ONE hand
maybe just maybe, its all not that bad

The only videos I saw, were of people scratching the surface of music cd's with the grit weed.

I've never seen any official tests done, it was pretty much ignored by the authorities, I think I once saw some local health warning posted online that was warning smokers that their herb could be tainted, but nothing on the news about it all.

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
Its not coming back i dont think but some twat is doing it somewhere. God i hope it isnt.

With all the packaging tricks, fake terps, general bullshit weed (no competition) people are squeezing more money out of shit weed than ever and not needing to get weight through spraying..

Its the wild west out here as always..

I saw some gear sold as dutch lemon that was just critical mass sprayed with fake terps and put in a tin..

I really really feel for the kids coming up man.

sandsmp81

Veteran
Its not coming back i dont think but some twat is doing it somewhere. God i hope it isnt.

With all the packaging tricks, fake terps, general bullshit weed (no competition) people are squeezing more money out of shit weed than ever and not needing to get weight through spraying..

Its the wild west out here as always..

I saw some gear sold as dutch lemon that was just critical mass sprayed with fake terps and put in a tin..

I really really feel for the kids coming up man.

Soon as those bottled terps started to appear more, I knew it was going to be trouble.

There's certainly plenty of cowboys about that's for sure.

As per usual, people are c**nts...