What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Medicinal Effects of Strains

G

One way to tell if you have some CBD in the strain you are working with is how long the buzz lasts.

CBD helps to regulate how fast the THC is matabolized in the liver.

A strain with little or no CBD will hit fast and last only about one to 1.5 hours.
With CBD the high lasts longer ~ 4 hours or so as it slows the degradation of the THC.

Both THC and CBD start out in the plant as a single chemical. This is then converted into various canaibanoids depending on the amount of specific enzymes in the plant.

Plants with good CBD count might be viewed a less potent as there is a competition between THC and CBD.

Last edited:

PAGreen

The latest edition of Oshaughnessy's a CA. Medical Marijuana publication has extensive coverage of this issue. Their website which might not be up again yet is oshaughnessys.com. Check thekm out , cutting edge research. Peace.

BonsaiBud

Satori

Satori

I ordered the Mandala's Satori seeds when I read "...helps depression and anxiety", my two ailments. I can say with out any doubt that this is true. While THC in any form or fasion helps my depression, some "specimens" of bud I've smoked have worked much better than others. I have found that Sativa dominant strains work best for me. Satori does keep me up at night. I have horrible insomnia. I have to take a coctail of pills for it. Now that I've got the Satori going for daytime use, I need a good sleeper. One unique thing about Satori is that it hardly gives me any munchies at all. Nor does it give me a heart-racing speedy feeling or cause impulse shopping. I have some bagseed indica Afgani? which gives me mad munchies, racy feeling chest, and makes me impulsive. The THC makes me happy none the less.

So, my holy grail now is a strain that will put me to sleep without giving mad munchies. Does this exist?

Satori in reveg:

THoC

BonsaiBud,

Since you are familiar with Mandala perhaps look into some of their HashBerry for your night cap. More of a body stone than their Satori. or perhaps something less strong than the Satori like their White Satin.

cheers

BonsaiBud

I've got some Kerala Gold going. Poor germ rate so far. If I don't get a female I definitely will try to order some Hashberry. I like Mandala's high germ rates and vigorous growth.

phattybudz

"So, my holy grail now is a strain that will put me to sleep without giving mad munchies. Does this exist?"

I'm also looking for something like this; whenever I smoke less than a few hours before my bedtime, I can't get to sleep. This seems counterintuitive but for some reason I'm just overstimulated by it and I can't stop thinking...one exception was a bud I had in amsterdam called "stargazer," which made my whole body feel like it just got a blow job... I'm wondering if I can find that strain or something similar.

*edit* I found some beans, but they're absurdly expensive in my opinion... (75 Euros...) :nono:

Last edited:
G

This thread is amazing. I will report my findings as soon as I'm done flowering.

200Ponies

phattybudz said:
"So, my holy grail now is a strain that will put me to sleep without giving mad munchies. Does this exist?"

I'm also looking for something like this; whenever I smoke less than a few hours before my bedtime, I can't get to sleep. This seems counterintuitive but for some reason I'm just overstimulated by it and I can't stop thinking...one exception was a bud I had in amsterdam called "stargazer," which made my whole body feel like it just got a blow job... I'm wondering if I can find that strain or something similar.

*edit* I found some beans, but they're absurdly expensive in my opinion... (75 Euros...) :nono:
I'm sure you know this already, but I personaly can only sleep with high indica strains inside me. As far as I am concerned cannabis is the best cure for insomnia I have found and I have tried everything from magic crystals to date rape drugs and opium. It also carries far less risks.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
BonsaiBud said:
So, my holy grail now is a strain that will put me to sleep without giving mad munchies. Does this exist?

I actually did a thread on this, Romulan, Medicine man, black domina, aurora indica and ko kush were a few of the strains that were recomeded for strait knock out.

I

icon

i recommend citral kush or hindu kush for people that have any kind of cramping like colon attacks,stomach pains etc... also its good for (IBS) irratable bowel syndrom & nausea. its also very good for people that have chronic fatigue syndrom or lupus or any other kind of auto immune system problems that are sensitive bcuz its a mild indica thats not heavy & it wont wipe you out or put you to sleep. also good for anxiety/panic attacks bcuz of its relaxing effects.

also for anxiety & depression i like the euphoric & giggly type highs like blueberry,bubblegum,leda uno,strawberry haze .basically anything that has an upbeat happy high without the racyness.

i grew some blue mystic that was one hit & lights out sleepy time.so im guessing maybe anything white widow crossed for sleep.

bigdaddyc9

Shootinbudz chem#4-excellent taste and effect.I would say this strain is very good for joint related pain and sleep issues.It was very hashy tasting with a good 3 to 4 hour buzz.I reccomend this strain for anyone on opiate therapy.I also tried his cherry slyder and cherry slyder bubblehash.Most potent smoke ever,the bubble.Made me almost pass out on my feet the 1st hit of it.Very good chronic pain strain.Wonderful taste and effect.Mad muchies with the chem4 also-Peace BigD

mazzakush

igrowdadankest said:
Hello there i have a degenerative muscle disorder also and have found that kush strains help alot with my muscles.I have smoked NL11 and it helped alot also.I have been depresses lately and have been mixing half of some Kush(not sure what strain but got it from a reliable freind)and haze in a bowl and smoking it and it helps a whole bunch I hope this help and best regards to you

have you tried eating it? I would reccomend making some bud olive oil or cannabutter. For me, whos just getting his health back from a period of lack of nutrition and drinking waaaaaay to much and just laying around all the time. I must say using the whole plant root and all for these cooking processes is super dank. Its like cannabis is this super regenerative plant. (I also have autoimmune which means my immune system freaks out and uncarboxylated cannabinoids aka THCV are great for so just water tea can be quite health giving as well). Also if you do make bud oil or butter, slow cook that shit. And don't let it get to hot, i've heard the temperature of thc decarboxlyation (aka 'activation') is 175 F or recently 250 F. I cooked some oil at about 200 and its great as a mood stabilizer and apetite stimulator and real good for my stomach too. I cooked it with cardamom cuz it helps fat digestion (being its all in peanut oil) and a little cinnamon (to kill off my nasty rotted away stomach bacteria).

anyway, hope this might help and if anyone has temps for decarboxlyation... let me know. (or links to good shit about detailed shit about cannabinoids)

peace, mazza

CtHaddock

I'm Bipolar II with severe sleeping disorder, GAD and panic attacks (well I don't have GAD anymore).

I used KC Brains Original NL in conjunction with psychotherapy and it just blew my GAD away in a year, my consumption of xanax and rohypnol got significantly reduced. It helps my sleeping disorder very very much also. I have tried several strains after that and GHSco Himalayan Gold is my favorite so far although I would like to try my own grow of Original NL and see if it is any better, it was a while since i smoked this. The HG is very leafy so its a pain to manicure.

I don't even need to smoke anymore to keep my GAD away.

I belive the weed keeps me emotionally level but I can't be sure becouse I always run out. :bashhead: But when I do run out it have the exact same effect as if I stop using my Ergenyl Retard as mood stabilizor. First i get a hypomanic episode, then i'm normal for a short while and then i crash into depression. Although now I have stoped and started using ergenyl so many times that the side effects from it are really bad with migrane, upset stomac, freezing sensation, skin rashes and probably more I have forgotten. So I'm working on my grow setup to keep me with a constant supply of weed becouse I cant use Ergenyl any more and I don't dare to take Lithium with my habit of stoping and starting my madication all the time.

So I want to replace it with weed and it doesn't hurt that it gives a nice buzz too. :joint: I don't need the rohypnol at all when I have weed either but I won't let go of my xanax becouse I never know when the next panic attack comes and if the weed will really work that time.

But I live in a stupid country where rohypnol is legal and weed is illegal. :fsu:

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
I've been on Silver Haze for a week.

Been afwul nice as I've been productive as hell. Today was the last day.
Nice focus with only a hint of brain fog that usually set in as it wears off. Motivated with low anxiety and did a fairly ok job on my back pain.
I'm thinking of adding it to my list of strains I should get seeds of in the future.

Tomorrow I start in on the resin. Then the leaf.

Gonna be at least a week before I can pick up more meds, maybe longer.

Almost considering going 11/13 to speed things up as I still have around 30 days or more left to go.

Hell of a rollercoaster but the end is in sight!!! :)

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
phattybudz said:

Must not have been that good of a blow job if 75E is too much. You could grow pounds of blow-job material over a few years period, even with a small setup.

Sounds worth it to me! :)

bigdaddyc9

Nepalese Temple Ball hash-a very good smoke for resting.I can take 3 hits and "where is the remote?"I also have some Blockhead and SSH from Cali-the Blockhead is super tasty.I also have Carmello hash from Morroco,and its dank and works well for chronic pain.I am now on 480mg of Oxycontin daily.I am still in need of some sleep weed as is evident as its now 248am and I should be in bed.I've been up since 1130pm.Peace BigD

Kalichakra (Mandala Seeds):
Main Pheno. Makes you grin, lazy and happy. lasts very long, nearly no tolerance buildup. good against anxiety, backpain

Strawberry Cough (Dutch Passion):
Up-High, mellow in low doses, quity trippy when dosing higher. euphoric, yet cold. kills anxiety. could alter your perception of everything a little bit, but thats fine

Latest posts

Latest posts