What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

HELP! Fresh Frozen Nightmare

G

Gr33nSanta

LOL what do I do now??

attachment.php

This was some fresh frozen outdoor high CBD plant, its like gum I cant strain it, so now my brand new strainer is gummed up, I have only one more for next batch.

Its really hot in my basement nothing I can do about it... next batch is with some dried plant material so I am hoping it will work.

If I get 2 fuck ups like that today I ll be back later to cry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WIAtDoenDM&feature=youtu.be

The hash you see that went through was actually the 25 micron, 100 % of the 73 micron is stuck on it.

prune

Veteran
High CBD material is extra gooey even when cured, I can now imagine (see) what it is like fresh. Rinse the strainer with ethanol and evaporate.

G

Gr33nSanta

thanks man, thats an option, but I would rather soak it in coconut oil and make pills or medibles, but I still hope there might be a way to salvage most of it. I am debating putting it in the freezer right now, or simply let it dry on it.

Does eating CBDA also counter acts THC, I just ate what I couldnt get off the knife and spoon, probably 100 mg, and I am really felling it. My tongue is still burning from it.

jtm

Some kind of shaman
Veteran
Rinse it first in ethanol, then mix with coconut oil (if this is what you wish), then evaporate, This way you will incorporate it very well in your oil, and clean your strainer very well, too...

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Freezer. Been there before. I used a clean metal brush, after rapping it on parch and hitting it with a spoon, to knock the last 1/3 off.

G

Gr33nSanta

Freezer. Been there before. I used a clean metal brush, after rapping it on parch and hitting it with a spoon, to knock the last 1/3 off.

I did the freezer, Got most of it in crumbs on parchment paper, phew!

The strainer is back in the freezer before I finale smash with the spoon.

Whether it being due to high CBD, or the fact that it was fresh frozen, I have one more tool in my arsenal!

I feel I am about to get great results nearly every time from now on. I have stopped using wash machine, I went back to my old ways and I feel I yield more, and I yield better quality.

What I do is instead of using a wash machine, I simply use 2 5 gallons buckets and keep pouring back and forth, I am able to wash about half pound in one go vs 1/4 lb in the bubblenow. It's harder work but I really like what I am seeing so far.