What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Orange Pekoe Cambodian, Back to the Congo,HSO 707 HB

EvergreenState

Nice trichome production on the HSO 707 Headband.
picture.php

View image in gallery

EvergreenState

This HSO Headband is a real bargain guys. I think you can get them pretty cheap and it's got a focused, energetic without being racey or too intense high, it has nice potency; nice body feel, loosens you up and eases the pain.
Flavor is nice, kind of flowery on the smoke and kind of an earthy, burnt rubber taste lingers, mouth feels oily. It sounds unpleasant but it's not. The body relaxing effect strengthens as the full potency is felt at about the ten to fifteen mark after lighting up. I really enjoy this bud. I'm very happy I grew it and it's yet another highly recommended strain.
This one really is a steal because the price is so low and the quality is so high. Tremendous value.
Maybe it's just me and I'm extremely easy to please but I think what is true is that there are many breeders putting out great genetics. We are very lucky to be living in these times where so many great genetics are available. I remember a time, not that long ago, where having easy access to great genetics like these was just a crazy, utopian dream.
When we used to talk about this stuff 35 years ago, the discussion would always end with, not in our lifetime. You younger guys have no idea. Now I can order marijuana seeds from England and Canada, from my mobile phone, sitting in the backseat of a car going down the road at 80mph, while traveling around the USA. That is space age shit for me. I never thought, when I was younger, that I'd be able to do something like that in my lifetime. It would have been so far fetched that I couldn't even have thought that up. Yet here it is.
Back to the HSO HEADBAND. Many times I have an initial low regard for something that is really cheap. The thinking goes, it's cheap therefore it can't be that good because the really good stuff is expensive. It is true that usually (not always) the expensive stuff is really good. Sometimes you get lucky and find something that is inexpensive but really good. I got lucky with the HSO 707 HEADBAND.

TheBlaze

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/G._Schneider_&_Sohn
Too bad you can't get these. They really are some delicious beers. Hey if I lived in South Africa I'd be drinking all of those world class wines your country produces. With the great wildlife, amazing parks, amazing natural beauty, world heritage sites, great weather and beaches; it's hard to feel sorry for you.:biggrin:

LOL! Yeah, it's definitely not all bad here. Beautiful country. Fairly low cost of living. Some of the most beautiful women I have ever seen. I've been to paris and amsterdam, and the women there can not compete with ours. Afrikaans girls are the business. :biggrin::biggrin:

Zapadra

Sheeeet EG that sounds like the dream alright! Damn. I'd trade our wines and wildlife for that kind of life. LOL!

EvergreenState

I think, after allowing our financial system to rob the citizens blind every 20-30 years or so like clockwork and making us suffer through the chaos and horror we have inflicted on the rest of the world with our use of the grotesque military machine we have created, the politicians thought they'd throw the powerless people a bone by easing up on marijuana a bit. They also realized the tax revenue windfall they could make off of it if they set up all the rules and had complete control of the industry. Oh and all that stuff that I said I can do, it's great but it's illegal. No such thing as a free lunch.
Super hot chicks, great beaches and great wines. The grass is always greener on the other side.

Zapadra

I think, after allowing our financial system to rob the citizens blind every 20-30 years or so like clockwork and making us suffer through the chaos and horror we have inflicted on the rest of the world with our use of the grotesque military machine we have created, the politicians thought they'd throw the powerless people a bone by easing up on marijuana a bit. They also realized the tax revenue windfall they could make off of it if they set up all the rules and had complete control of the industry. Oh and all that stuff that I said I can do, it's great but it's illegal. No such thing as a free lunch.
Super hot chicks, great beaches and great wines. The grass is always greener on the other side.

I hear you on that. Spent a lot of time dreaming of the other side, turns out it's not the place. It's the person.

What's stopping ya EG? Come down we'll host you no problem! :tiphat:

TheBlaze

Agreed with Zapadra. We would make you feel very welcome here. Marijuana Mafia! :3:

I'm being facetious with the mafia part. ;)

EvergreenState

Thanks for the offer guys. If it was left up to me only, I'd be on the next plane. I can see the reaction of my lady friend if I asked her if she would like to move to South Africa. " YOU WANT TO MOVE WHERE?":eek: How many things would we have done differently in life if not for, the little woman?

EvergreenState

The Back to the Congo #3 is easy to distinguish from the other two. It's clearly not the very wide leaf Deep Chunk pheno and it finishes in 60-70 days, the number 1 finishes in the 40's. They are similar in appearance with the # 3 being a little taller.
Based on Richard Williams description of the Congo, the Congo is sought after by musicians. When I smoke it it makes me want to listen to music. The focus and clarity that it brings allows you to appreciate all of the intricacies of music. In other words, it makes music sound great.
Being a music lover, it's right up my alley. If it allows me to appreciate one of my true loves even more, then it's a 10 from me.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PLuR3CWq59OyrTdWAeVkqH3F6UziQICYeN&v=IWm03wYBTbM
picture.php

Zapadra

Thanks for the offer guys. If it was left up to me only, I'd be on the next plane. I can see the reaction of my lady friend if I asked her if she would like to move to South Africa. " YOU WANT TO MOVE WHERE?":eek: How many things would we have done differently in life if not for, the little woman?

Holiday bru! Our currency ain't great, a few dollars will get you a long way! :biggrin:

EvergreenState

Zapadra I'd like nothing better than to go to your beautiful country on a vacation. Hopefully one day that will happen.

Here is a nice article on the dreaded botrytis.
https://www.cannagardening.com/botrytis_cinerea_in_detail

Also a good article on temperature control which is a situation I have trouble controlling given my current growing situation.
https://www.cannagardening.com/making_temperature_work_success

I'm waiting to give a smoke report on the OPC until it has a few weeks curing. Coming soon.

Last edited:

TheBlaze

Then we will braai, drink beer and get blazed. Although Zapadra will attest to the fact that I'm a super light weight. So I might just end up glued to the couch, deaf, dumb and mute. LOL!

TheBlaze

It's not the competition, but rather my own stupidity that tends to catch me out. Who cares though. It can't hurt... except maybe my pride. ;)

The braai... that's where it's at. It's a national past-time here. Nothing better than some coals and a cold beer.

EvergreenState

Blaze I'd recommend a couple of Dutch Passion strains for you.
https://www.dutch-passion.com/en/cannabis-seeds/product/night-queen/
https://www.dutch-passion.com/en/cannabis-seeds/product/strawberry-cough/
Both will put you in a relaxed, calm and happy ( especially the Strawberry Cough), frame of mind. A good Blueberry can also be an, all is right with the world, kind of strain. The Strawberry Cough is a very special plant that can really brighten your world and is one that I can recommend to all types of people. I've never seen it fail to lift someone's spirits. It is one of my all time favorites. Ironically it's sativa dominant but it's a sativa with all of it's rough edges removed. Great breeding.
Sativas and sativa hybrids can make you uncomfortable, paranoid and insecure. They can also be exciting but they are much harder to manage for many people. I have several friends who I won't give anything to smoke that I know affects them negatively.