What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ace limited release "back the congo"

The English Cut

Update on my three BTTC: All doing very well indeed, two are females and the one in the middle ain't sure yet:

picture.php

Female #1 - my fav at this point, I love the structure and leaf shape, evidently leaning to the Congo side of the hybrid.
picture.php
picture.php

Female #2 looks to be more DC dominant
picture.php

And the undecided one also pretty afghani looking too. Really hoping it's a he.
picture.php

Really happy so far, next step will be to take cuttings to insure against any garden disaster! Peace, TEC.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi The English Cut :)

I'm glad to see you are starting the Back to the Congo this season!
Wish you find very interesting phenos, please keep us updated with the progresses.

Good vibes friend!

Hello The English Cut,
Thanks for posting these pics,
Look forward to seeing the progress,
Im out in the swamp on this years congo backcross project

The English Cut

Hi dubi & dick. Hope all's well with you two and that your swamp project is going well RW.

So in the end I've got 3 very nice females vegging along, here's a line-up of clones of each, l-r #1-3:
picture.php

Here's #1 out in the garden:
picture.php
picture.php

Some strange goings on here with about 1/4 of the plant flowering for some reason as you can see in this pic. Bizarre but I guess I'll either harvest some early buds or those branches will re-veg. Or maybe I'l just chop out the flowering sections. The rest of the plant is doing really well. I'm open to opinions from the experts!

Here's the #2 pheno, all normal so far. I need to get in there and do some training to open things up a little. I've read the deep congo branches like to hug the stem and this one is definitely the same:
picture.php

The English Cut

and finally the #3 pheno, this one has had some strange leaf mutations that look a bit like it's re-vegging even though this one didn't start to flower at any point. Some crazy branching going on too, I topped maybe three times but I'm going to flower out one of the clones un-topped and see how she branches out.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

The last photo is from a while back, mostly seems to have grown out of the weirdness now.

The aromas from stem-rubs are very pleasant, woody, spicy and complex and the smell from just being around the plants is very pleasant indeed. Nice plants so far despite the weirdness. Very very much looking forward to smoke something from them and compare the differences between each plant. I'll keep the updates coming. Peace TEC.

Holeshot

Love your grow skills there English!!!Beautiful outdoor expressions. Your Panama is going to be a beauty.These Ace & CBG strains really excel in the sunshine. Keep up the great work.!!

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Updates anyone ???? Recently popped some... Last time I didn't get to flower them... Very nice veg plants if I recall correctly 3of the 16 had the Congo look in veg most were very deep chunk dominant which is expected cuz we all know dc dominates everything Really bummed me out To have to toss so many plants from seed but hey wtf it wasn't meant to be at the time ..... glad I bought 3 packs shoulda got 4 ... I popped the last of the opened packs and got one pack in the vault.... Hopefully one of these is the keeper.... All I can do now is hope the ones that got trashed weren't.... Lol..

dc may be somewhat dominant in structure but fully allows the congo terpene profile to come through so in my experience irregardless of the appearance of the phenotype all the smoke is very congo like
my swamp grow is going well so will try and get some pictures up soon.
this years project is called quick congo which is a sativa like phenol yet a quick finisher

back to the congo 2016

back to the congo 2016

hey folks I trust everyone is well.
I have completed this years back to the congo project
so thought I would share the results.
Another ICMAG member had some interesting observations on his grow, the phenotypes, and smoke report, Ill post a link to his thread.
In the meantime here's my results, outdoors in the swamp.
Exhibiting phenotypes show about a fifty fifty trend towards either an indica leaning or sativa leaning expression with their corresponding advantages.
cheers for now
Richard.

back to the congo report by member Evergreenstate

back to the congo report by member Evergreenstate

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=330288&page=7

Originally Posted by EvergreenState View Post
I almost hate to do smoke reports because I'm pretty sensitive to how much it can realistically affect a breeders and resellers bottom line. I also don't want to mislead or misguide fellow growers on a strain because I know how important it is to make the right decision on what you are going to put in your grow space. I admit though, that being a grower, I do have a bias towards growers so I'm going to be more protective of growers. Disclaimer over.
Now I can give you my stone cold lock of a recommendation. The Richard Williams Back to the Congo is the easiest recommendation I'll ever make. This is the same strain that the great ACE Seeds released as a limited edition over a year ago. It's a cross with Tom Hill's famous Deep Chunk.
I would describe it as Down Down Down to the Congo. This is the tall, single cola and for me, a very quick finishing 48 days, Congolese pheno. The sensation, which starts very quickly, are waves of deep healing, pain relieving comfort and stone that goes from the top of your head to the tips of your toes and front to back. It feels like you are getting pulled down to the ground and you feel a deeper connection to the earth. I know that sounds hyperbolic but that's the best way to describe the feeling the Congo gives me. I love it!
I have a shorter Congo in the room that's at day 59 and I'm thinking it's got 10 days to go. I'm hoping this is the Deep Chunk pheno which is supposed to be a killer Indica and if it has a stronger stone than the taller pheno then it must be subterranean.

Thcvhunter

Veteran
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=330288&page=7

Originally Posted by EvergreenState View Post
I almost hate to do smoke reports because I'm pretty sensitive to how much it can realistically affect a breeders and resellers bottom line. I also don't want to mislead or misguide fellow growers on a strain because I know how important it is to make the right decision on what you are going to put in your grow space. I admit though, that being a grower, I do have a bias towards growers so I'm going to be more protective of growers. Disclaimer over.
Now I can give you my stone cold lock of a recommendation. The Richard Williams Back to the Congo is the easiest recommendation I'll ever make. This is the same strain that the great ACE Seeds released as a limited edition over a year ago. It's a cross with Tom Hill's famous Deep Chunk.
I would describe it as Down Down Down to the Congo. This is the tall, single cola and for me, a very quick finishing 48 days, Congolese pheno. The sensation, which starts very quickly, are waves of deep healing, pain relieving comfort and stone that goes from the top of your head to the tips of your toes and front to back. It feels like you are getting pulled down to the ground and you feel a deeper connection to the earth. I know that sounds hyperbolic but that's the best way to describe the feeling the Congo gives me. I love it!
I have a shorter Congo in the room that's at day 59 and I'm thinking it's got 10 days to go. I'm hoping this is the Deep Chunk pheno which is supposed to be a killer Indica and if it has a stronger stone than the taller pheno then it must be subterranean.

That doesn't read like a Congo pheno at all. Sounds just like an indica.

gorilla ganja

Hi dickwilliams,
Great job out in the swamp this year. Looks like some beautiful plants.
Can you give some details as to planting and harvest dates? What latitude approx. ? yields ?
Are you breeding towards a Sativa pheno?

Peace GG

back to the congo 2016

back to the congo 2016

Hi dickwilliams,
Great job out in the swamp this year. Looks like some beautiful plants.
Can you give some details as to planting and harvest dates? What latitude approx. ? yields ?
Are you breeding towards a Sativa pheno?

Peace GG

Hi GG, thanks for your interest.

SWAMP PLANTING NOTES:

These got planted in may and harvested around oct 4-10

they get planted straight into little swamp islands after they are established in 4 inch to 1 gallon pots

other years have used grow bags that sit on top of the swamp during the early season then as the swamp dries fet placed half a foot into the swamp to allow the roots to penetrate downward

the native swamp soil is quite dense and peaty so i use lime and organic amendments and some pearlite

the little well i have dug into the swamp produces water all year
that has alot of frogs so a bit of an aquaponic contribution there
i have been adding a bit of liquid silica to adjust ph

Im at around 49 latitude here and very near the coastline

the swamp is at about an elevation of 300 feet

BREEDING NOTES:
The initial deep congo hybrid was a 50 50 sativa/indica
open pollination between several deep chunk males obtained from seeds provided directly to me by Tom Hill and several female of the clone only Congo which came from seeds reeferman obtained and provided to Robbie who found one female and no males.

The initial deep congo release was this 50 50 hybrid
The Back to the Congo release was backcrossed once to the congo female.
In subsequent years I have been line breeding; choosing each year a variety female phenotypes ranging from the indica leaning aka deep chunk phenotype and the sativa leaning congo phenotype
males are typically chosen for earliness and dank smelling, they are left out in the swamp to pollinate whichever females they choose, all subsequent seeds are blended into a pool so essentially I am trying to preserve a variety of phenos.
Both phenotypes preserve the original congo terpene smells, with a slighly more citrus smell to the sativa pheno, and a more diesely smell to the indica pheno.

BREEDER SMOKE REPORT
The taste of the finished product reflects the smell, the sativa pheno leaning to a little more incense and the indica more full bodied tobacco notes
as to the high both have quite a cerebral component the sativa pheno being a little more heady without any paranoia and a motivational type creative high. The Indica is more contemplative with bigger base notes in the body.

I hope these notes help
will post some pics of the finished outdoor product close up to try and illustrate the differences.

G

Popped another BTTC about 36 days ago. I'm fairly certain this is a girl but won't commit (just like a guy).
I think this one is more prehistoric looking than the previous ones.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
looking very stout outcold
best of luck, this year im doing a legal 49 plant greenhouse grow, should be fun
cheers, Richard.

Gonna be nice to be out of the swamp... do to super unfortunate circumstances I lost my entire seed collection.... devastating... I originally bought 4 packs ... but I did manage to pop 2 b2c beans before the loss.. they are small n stunted but should bounce back... I really want to grow this I loved deep Congo but it may not be in the cards for me... no fault to the plants they grew great vigorous but everytime I was ready to flower had to emergency tear down 3 times.. now that all my seed is gone I'm gonna give them a few weeks to bounce back but it may be time for me to throw in the towel.. unless I can get more beans ..

Latest posts

Latest posts