What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

page count "error"

anotherid

Hello,
I must ask. Is there somebody who have bad page count at threads(I think yes)?
As you can see from picture:
picture.php

There is count of pages, but it's not real count. Maybe some deleted posts could change real count. Don't know vBulletin. If I will have some free time, will look in to code...

Frosty Nuggets

ICMag Donor
This is happening all over the site, take a look at the Australian Smokers Lounge, it takes 3 or 4 tries to get into it.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Page count errors arise from mods deleting posts.
The page counts stay the same even when multiple posts have been deleted.

anotherid

Frosty Nuggets said:
it takes 3 or 4 tries to get into it
Yes, I don't linke thinks like that.

Page count errors arise from mods deleting posts.

Yes I think that. Well, for me it's error. Maybe deleted post is only signed as deleted in db, bud it can't be count. Is that error of misconfiguration of vBulletin or vBulletin as app?

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You having trouble with a page loading please leave a link to the thread so we can take a look .

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
You having trouble with a page loading please leave a link to the thread so we can take a look .

Howdy Babba,
I've been having problems getting to this thread for almost 2 months..
I got there the hard way about a week ago and left a comment..it appears to be the last one there.

Lots of people have given up on the thread because they're having the same issue..

Thanks for your interest.. ...https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=266499&page=495

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    6.4 KB · Views: 37

anotherid

having trouble with a page loading
Problems? Whats problems? You will be redirected to last page. Like Bud Green direct in post #6, if I try link to higher page than exist eg: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=266499&page=666 fisrtly redirection and than it ends on last page page=495, bud page counter is higjher. That is problem for me. It counts all posts, not only "visible". I know that it work like that for years. But why not to ask. It could lead to other problems, page counter is one from basic things of "board system" I think.

https://www.vbulletin.com/download.php
"You will need your vBulletin customer number and password to log in"
I'm not php ninja or other code fan, i'm pragmatic guy. If you nead find problem and solution, give me source code(version u use)...

Last edited:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I think that the problem happened because a well respected member and friend got into a spot of hot water with the rozzers down-under - and I was asked to mask/hide his posts - he was a very prolific poster - so many posts have been hidden - but it seems to have had a negative effect on the main thread he was posting in - it won't load easily now.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I have had a look under the bonnet - and consulted someone much better at V-Bulletin than me - and so far have not found a fix for it - but there is always hope -

thanks gypsy , it's becoming a bit clearer to me now .. can this be fixed ?

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
Thanks Gypsy,,We're all hoping our esteemed member is doing alright..
Kinda missing his silliness around here...

anotherid

consulted someone much better at V-Bulletin than me - and so far have not found a fix for it - but there is always hope -
It's only code. PM me version of vBulletin or source code, will fix it, test it and send you or admin code change with anotation. I think it will be change about less than 10 words, but system could be designen other way...